First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply do people say you walk too loud?
18696 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 10/2/16
I take a bath between 5-7 am and of course being up simply walk about my house, my mother complains im being "loud" and am going to wake the neighbors

bruh this is the time people get up to go to work


and my landlord, being your cliché bitchy old lady has complained about how I walk

I cant help how I walk

she says I need to walk differently and be quiet im on the first floor she is on the second


im tired of hearing this every week
5006 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Romania
Offline
Posted 10/2/16 , edited 10/5/16
Have you considered moonwalking?
18696 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 10/2/16

wststreet wrote:

Have you considered moonwalking?


lol what?
5006 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Romania
Offline
Posted 10/2/16 , edited 10/2/16

redokami wrote:


wststreet wrote:

Have you considered moonwalking?


lol what?


This
18696 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 10/2/16

wststreet wrote:


redokami wrote:


wststreet wrote:

Have you considered moonwalking?


lol what?


This


oh that moonwalk, I thought you meant jumping around as if there is no gravity lol
5006 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Romania
Offline
Posted 10/2/16

redokami wrote:

oh that moonwalk, I thought you meant jumping around as if there is no gravity lol



No, that would make things worse
Emtro 
1559 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/2/16 , edited 10/3/16

redokami wrote:

I take a bath between 5-7 am and of course being up simply walk about my house, my mother complains im being "loud" and am going to wake the neighbors

bruh this is the time people get up to go to work


and my landlord, being your cliché bitchy old lady has complained about how I walk

I cant help how I walk

she says I need to walk differently and be quiet im on the first floor she is on the second


im tired of hearing this every week


If she has continued to harass you and it is as you say (you're on the first floor and she's on the second) you should go to your city health department and explain this to them. Clearly something is wrong with the apartment that causing sound to travel from your floor through your ceiling. After the health department has verified with her whatever the problem may be, you'll never hear from her again.
18696 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 10/2/16 , edited 10/3/16

Emtro wrote:


redokami wrote:

I take a bath between 5-7 am and of course being up simply walk about my house, my mother complains im being "loud" and am going to wake the neighbors

bruh this is the time people get up to go to work


and my landlord, being your cliché bitchy old lady has complained about how I walk

I cant help how I walk

she says I need to walk differently and be quiet im on the first floor she is on the second


im tired of hearing this every week


If she has continued to harass you and it is as you say (you're on the first floor and she's on the second) you should go to your city health department and explain this to them. Clearly something is wrong with the apartment that causing sound to travel from your floor through your ceiling. After the health department has verified with her whatever the problem may be, you'll never hear from her again.


haha.... haha..
my mother is wheelchair bound and this house is shit, my landlord wont update it - we have rusty nasty ass metal blinds from 70 years ago that we aren't allowed to change, much less do any work on the apartment itself-

and espestos orhowever u spell it, in the walls, its that old

but she says she wont update to help my mom -like have a ramp- because the city will find -MORE- shit wrong and she could get in trouble HMMMMM


like my neighbor having rats In her walls and the dumbass workers which my landlord swears by, just breaks down the wall and leaves the hole there LOL don't even get me started on other shit


like how because her toilet clogged up with depends shit came through MY ceiling and into my cabinets

needless to say I cant go to them lol, I will get bitched at
9785 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 10/2/16
Yeah, though the complaints regarding my heavy walking are entirely legitimate. I do tend to walk heavily, particularly since I like wearing steel-toed work boots. Plus, the building I live is pretty old. Through trial and error, I've managed to adapt and walk more softly. I must admit that I don't see any reason why you also cannot learn. It takes practice, sure, but it's not impossible. All I did was pretend that I was trying not to wake up myself, and imagined that I may step on my dogs' feet on accident and hurt them. That said; I won't rule out that your mom and landlord may simply like to nag.
18696 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 10/2/16

aeb0717 wrote:

Yeah, though the complaints regarding my heavy walking are entirely legitimate. I do tend to walk heavily, particularly since I like wearing steel-toed work boots. Plus, the building I live is pretty old. Through trial and error, I've managed to adapt and walk more softly. I must admit that I don't see any reason why you also cannot learn. It takes practice, sure, but it's not impossible. All I did was pretend that I was trying not to wake up myself, and imagined that I may step on my dogs' feet on accident and hurt them. That said; I won't rule out that your mom and landlord may simply like to nag.


yea I can for sure say they just like to nag, I can be having a casual conversation with my mom and all of a sudden im hushed and I just look at her like wtf, im not talking loud, my mother is the paranoid type
Posted 10/2/16 , edited 10/2/16
Walk lighter, I'm practically a ninja because of those issues.
18696 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 10/2/16

drozy wrote:

Walk lighter, I'm practically a ninja because of those issues.


I cant though, ;-; my one leg is shorter and it gives out on me at times so I have a slight gait, that's the foot that has to compensate when I put it down
Posted 10/2/16

redokami wrote:


drozy wrote:

Walk lighter, I'm practically a ninja because of those issues.


I cant though, ;-; my one leg is shorter and it gives out on me at times so I have a slight gait, that's the foot that has to compensate when I put it down


Get a cane? I mean nobody should really be complaining if they knew you have issues like that.
qwueri 
16462 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 10/2/16 , edited 10/2/16
What, you don't channel your inner ninja?

Walking loudly or softly is mostly about how you're carrying your weight. Nine times out of ten 'loud' walking is shifting most of your weight on your heel, causing it to strike the floor. Easy way (with practice) to walk lighter is to control how your weight shifts onto your feet.



Imagine you're rolling dough with a rolling pin. You don't strike the pin with the heel of your palm. You roll your weight across your palm from the heel to the knuckles. Similarly, you can shift your weight from the heel of your foot towards your toes. The idea isn't to shift all your weight to your toes, rather to share the load and spread it out across your whole foot.
10604 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 10/2/16
...while learning to walk quietly can be a useful and enjoyable skill, I don't really see why people need to pressure you to walk in an unnatural way.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.