First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Post Reply Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru Discussion
64904 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 10/2/16 , edited 10/10/16
For prior conversation in anticipation of this show, see /forumtopic-945267/touken-hanamaru-gets-anime-adaptation




Plot Summary


The year is 2205. The "historical revisionists" have begun attacks on the past in their plot to change history. The Saniwa, who have been charged with protecting history, can imbue life into objects. Strongest among these are the Touken Danshi. The story centers around their cheerful lives.


Other Information

Information
Type: TV
Episodes: 12
Status: Currently Airing
Aired: Oct 3, 2016 to ?
Premiered: Fall 2016
Broadcast: Mondays at 00:00 (JST)
Producers: TOHO animation
Licensors: None found, add some
Studios: Doga Kobo
Source: Game
Genres: Fantasy
Duration: Unknown
Rating: None


Crunchyroll Stream: http://www.crunchyroll.com/touken-ranbu-hanamaru
64904 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 10/2/16
Episode 1

That was a decent start there as the comedy is good and the action is nice. But the story is just all over the place at the moment. Seeing Ishikirimaru catching horse shit with his bare hands is pretty funny, seeing that instead of rushing into action, he's taking a bath to clean that shit away. In the end, the attack ended in failure and history is still as big a threat as ever. Let's see where this goes seeing that this is one of two different shows for this.
215289 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 10/2/16
So I take it that each of the episodes' titles will be a month of the year? Since it's a 12 episode show.

Somewhat underwhelmed so far. It was pretty much what they advertised although some bits of the action were good. When it get serious, that's when I got really interested. Some of the character designs looks a bit girly, in particular Yasusada.
46232 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / 地球
Offline
Posted 10/2/16
This is just a Bishounen show with references on the Bakumatsu war?

I guess there has to be Moe for women as well :3
clear 
76821 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
本丸
Offline
Posted 10/2/16 , edited 10/2/16
based on the OP most of sanjou swords will appear YESSS xDD.
then dategumi (mitsutada, ookurikara +tsuru) will be there it seems, also kotetsu bros, and even rai's !???
& Truly Happy to see that jiji and tsuru will be there as well, plus ichi-ni (awataguchi's big bro).

the opening part where tsuru falls on his own trap though xDDD as expected of tsuru <3

at first confused why ishikirimaru was sent to ikedaya inn (map 6), since most of big swords are weak in night battle like ikedaya inn lmfao. but glad they make him damaged more than others
56403 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 10/2/16
I was actually impressed by this first episode. Despite being a huge fan of the game, I honestly didn't have a lot of hope for the show. I thought it was going to be a lot of flat jokes with maybe a flashback here and there, but it wasn't at all! It was funny and very cute and I was happy to see they went out to the front lines. Also very happy to see a lot more swords than what they had on the website. It looks like more swords will be collected over time.

There was still a lot of them introduced in one episode, so people who do not know the characters already may be overwhelmed.


clear wrote:

at first confused why ishikirimaru was sent to ikedaya inn (map 6), since most of big swords are weak in night battle like ikedaya inn lmfao. but glad they make him damaged more than others


I thought that too. I was like, "They're sending Ishikirimaru??"
17031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 10/2/16
OMG JIJI AND TSURUUUUU
clear 
76821 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
本丸
Offline
Posted 10/2/16 , edited 10/2/16

otakuforlife wrote:

I was actually impressed by this first episode. Despite being a huge fan of the game, I honestly didn't have a lot of hope for the show. I thought it was going to be a lot of flat jokes with maybe a flashback here and there, but it wasn't at all! It was funny and very cute and I was happy to see they went out to the front lines. Also very happy to see a lot more swords than what they had on the website. It looks like more swords will be collected over time.

There was still a lot of them introduced in one episode, so people who do not know the characters already may be overwhelmed.


clear wrote:

at first confused why ishikirimaru was sent to ikedaya inn (map 6), since most of big swords are weak in night battle like ikedaya inn lmfao. but glad they make him damaged more than others


I thought that too. I was like, "They're sending Ishikirimaru??"


RIIGHHT ? i thought ishikirimaru will be okay, but glad it still follow the game rules xDD
plus, i wonder why the saniwa give the omamori to yasusada ?? i normally don't give omamori to the captain bc obv they won't break, since we'll be forced to back to citadel if the captain damaged badly. Though, later yasusada tossed the omamori to imanotsurugi.

make me remember i also broke imanotsurugi on 6-1 bc didnt give him omamori OTL


Also, same as you, i don't have any hope in this hanamaru, but unexpectedly it's muchhhh better & enjoyable !



Nogara-san wrote:

OMG JIJI AND TSURUUUUU


YESS ! JIJI AND TSURU ! AHHH also, kogi, ichi-niiiiiiiiii. im so happy. totally ;u;
17509 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Big Apple
Offline
Posted 10/2/16 , edited 10/2/16
Looking forward to the genderbent version of Kancolle. Here's some promotional art.



I'm just waiting for best boy to appear and once he does I'll be a happy camper.

278 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/2/16 , edited 10/2/16
They did mention that some were away on expedition, so they were referring to Tsurumaru, Akita, Midare, Nakigitsune, Aizen, and Doudanuki, huh? The lack of Sayo makes me sad.
6201 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/2/16
I'd never heard of this. There's not summary listed, just the picture. From the picture it looked like some kind of slice-of-life show so I started watching it.

This was pretty much "WTF?" for the whole episode. Trying to introduce about a dozen characters all at once wasn't a good idea. Unless, of course, you were already familiar with all this.

Just wondering, are there any females in that group? I see more than a couple of them look like girls but have male voices. The girly-guy thing doesn't do anything for me, but to each his/her own.

One episode was more than enough for me, but to all who liked it, enjoy!
278 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/2/16
Yep, it's an all-male show, though you can interpret the saniwa/master however you like. It helps if you've played the game the show is based off of as well, so you know all the characters already.
clear 
76821 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
本丸
Offline
Posted 10/2/16 , edited 10/2/16

laptop_ron wrote:

I'd never heard of this. There's not summary listed, just the picture. From the picture it looked like some kind of slice-of-life show so I started watching it.

This was pretty much "WTF?" for the whole episode. Trying to introduce about a dozen characters all at once wasn't a good idea. Unless, of course, you were already familiar with all this.

Just wondering, are there any females in that group? I see more than a couple of them look like girls but have male voices. The girly-guy thing doesn't do anything for me, but to each his/her own.

One episode was more than enough for me, but to all who liked it, enjoy!


no, there's no girls. All the swords are male.

if you want female swords, try to play shinken =D

btw, if they introduce the chara one by one with all their back story, it will need LOTS of eps.
17031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 10/2/16

laptop_ron wrote:

I'd never heard of this. There's not summary listed, just the picture. From the picture it looked like some kind of slice-of-life show so I started watching it.

This was pretty much "WTF?" for the whole episode. Trying to introduce about a dozen characters all at once wasn't a good idea. Unless, of course, you were already familiar with all this.

Just wondering, are there any females in that group? I see more than a couple of them look like girls but have male voices. The girly-guy thing doesn't do anything for me, but to each his/her own.

One episode was more than enough for me, but to all who liked it, enjoy!


At least that's a legit excuse other than 'EWWWW MALES!!! IT SUXXX"


It was cute and charming but then again I've played the game. And it looks like they're adding in more characters afterall judging from the OP.



-Hasebe is a pain in the ass

-LOL at Ishikramaru (monk guy) getting his sword stuck in a wall...



Anyway, I would've liked to have seen Mitsutdada(Eyepatch guy) and Kasen(guy with Mitsutada in the kitchen with rice) in action, but I'm sure we will.




1335 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/3/16
This one was fun. I clicked a show before this one, that looked like a male harem version of Glee. My sparkle quota was up in 2 minutes, so I tried this one and liked it.

A little corny. Seems like it will be light action, with drama-dy. But fun.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.