First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Post Reply Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru Discussion
17031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 10/3/16

PinKunoichi wrote:

They did mention that some were away on expedition, so they were referring to Tsurumaru, Akita, Midare, Nakigitsune, Aizen, and Doudanuki, huh? The lack of Sayo makes me sad.


Tsuru apparently joins next week. Along with Akita and Midare.

All the ones who hated the fact that the males look feminine are gonna loooooooooooooooovvveeeeeeeeeee Midare-chan.

I'm just happy that Ookurikara and Izuminokami will join in too.
278 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 10/3/16
I'm guessing everyone up to Nihongou will make an appearance somewhere, according to the OP. I hope they can contain them all without it feeling crowded or complicated.

Honestly, I'm tired of seeing people complain about the show who knew nothing about the games. Sure it might just be another browser game to some, but it's one I've been enjoying playing for over a year now and looking into all the characters and such taught me a lot about Japanese history.
17031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 10/3/16 , edited 10/3/16

PinKunoichi wrote:



Honestly, I'm tired of seeing people complain about the show who knew nothing about the games. Sure it might just be another browser game to some, but it's one I've been enjoying playing for over a year now and looking into all the characters and such taught me a lot about Japanese history.


In a way, I can understand that complaint. If Funi indeed has this and plans to dub it/put it out, they'd have to market it in a way that would be attractive to a Western audience. Because most Westerners only know about the Shisengumi or Masamune Date/Oda Nobunaga. They ain't gonna know who Minamoto Yoshitune(?) is. Also, unless you're familar with the game itself somewhat...you're not really going to give a shit about most of these guys or you'll be going 'Wait, who?'

I've only been playing since May myself. It's a good way to learn about Japanese history, other than the usual suspects.

On the other hand, I haven't seen this much hatred for a female-oriented show since Free. Wow. 'TOO MANY TRAPS WHAT IS THIS FUJOSHIT....' If this was all females, I bet y'all wouldn't have no damn problems with it

278 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 10/3/16
Gotta love them double standards, huh?

I really can't see anyone picking this up for a dub, if only because it's so niche... I'm not sure if Kancolle ever got dubbed or not, if that's any indication. Plus there's just so many characters that they would have to put a voice to. Casting would be hell, that's for sure. Seems it would be too much trouble for what it's worth.
17031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 10/3/16

PinKunoichi wrote:

Gotta love them double standards, huh?

I really can't see anyone picking this up for a dub, if only because it's so niche... I'm not sure if Kancolle ever got dubbed or not, if that's any indication. Plus there's just so many characters that they would have to put a voice to. Casting would be hell, that's for sure. Seems it would be too much trouble for what it's worth.


It makes me a little mad, only because it's not even really Yaoi-ish. Unless you read the hundreds of fanart/fiction/doujinshi out there. Yet you if you say something about a harem series and insult someone's waifu, you get hell.
76829 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
本丸
Offline
Posted 10/3/16 , edited 10/3/16

PinKunoichi wrote:

I'm guessing everyone up to Nihongou will make an appearance somewhere, according to the OP. I hope they can contain them all without it feeling crowded or complicated.

Honestly, I'm tired of seeing people complain about the show who knew nothing about the games. Sure it might just be another browser game to some, but it's one I've been enjoying playing for over a year now and looking into all the characters and such taught me a lot about Japanese history.



and nihongou will drink all day =DD also, hakata, that boy most likely will be japanese businessmen LOL

too bad that all sadamune won't be there, bc they're too new #sighs.

honestly want to see kikkou M-side xDD i'm still grinding for him here omg
17031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 10/4/16 , edited 10/4/16
The Maschoist will probably show up in the ufotable series, unless ufotable is really going full on Shisengumi.


I'd rather see Sada-chan in Hanamaru though. He's just too cute He and CCP would be cuteness overload.



ETA: This is getting the dub treatment from Funi!


Not sure who I'd pick for Kashuu, but Todd Haberkorn as Yams.

And I always heard Johnny Young Bosch as either Tsurumaru, Izuminokami or Mitsutada.

And J. Michael Tatum as Kasen.


24306 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Various
Offline
Posted 10/4/16 , edited 10/4/16
.... oh my god this is getting a dub.

I will get into this if Johnny Yong Bosch is in it.


No, but he should play this one.



Who doesn't seem to be in this show.

But wow look at him...

JYB should play someone a little bit twisted though.
(I don't know these characters at all except for Hotarumaru and Munechika)

Todd Haberkorn and J. Michael Tatum, too. Yes. Good.

. . . Ricco Fajardo was really good in Arslan, from the two seconds I saw (because most of the rest of them were eh, I switched back to Japanese). He could be in it.
Anyone else from Geass and K besides JYB and Todd Haberkorn -> yes because I'm obsessed with those dubs.

(Then again, Free!'s dub wasn't great and they were in it but still.)

. . . there's like five cute-male-filled shows this season, those guys are going to be busy. Or they'll bring in new people. Either way, I hope the quality doesn't suffer... more than it has from the whole broadcast thing...
I hope they don't focus everything on Joker Game and 91 Days; Kiss Him, Not Me; and All Out!, (because those are recognizably popular categories...)
17031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 10/4/16

LavenderMintRose wrote:

.... oh my god this is getting a dub.

I will get into this if Johnny Yong Bosch is in it.


No, but he should play this one.



Who doesn't seem to be in this show.

But wow look at him...

JYB should play someone a little bit twisted though.
(I don't know these characters at all except for Hotarumaru and Munechika)

Todd Haberkorn and J. Michael Tatum, too. Yes. Good.

. . . Ricco Fajardo was really good in Arslan, from the two seconds I saw (because most of the rest of them were eh, I switched back to Japanese). He could be in it.
Anyone else from Geass and K besides JYB and Todd Haberkorn -> yes because I'm obsessed with those dubs.

(Then again, Free!'s dub wasn't great and they were in it but still.)

. . . there's like five cute-male-filled shows this season, those guys are going to be busy. Or they'll bring in new people. Either way, I hope the quality doesn't suffer... more than it has from the whole broadcast thing...
I hope they don't focus everything on Joker Game and 91 Days; Kiss Him, Not Me; and All Out!, (because those are recognizably popular categories...)


I don't have him yet (only been playing the game since May). He does look like Fushimi though.


The dub cast from K would be good: Shiro's VA might be good as Munechika and Matt Mercer(Kuroh) as maybe Kasen, Mitsutada (eyepatch guy) or one of the more adult looking characters...


Casting Midare might be a challenge though; would they go with an actress for a dub? I can hear Luci Christian or Clinkenbeard as him.
24306 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Various
Offline
Posted 10/4/16
Matt Mercer - > yeeesss <3

I don't know their personalities, so it's hard to say, but it would be so great if Sam Riegel (Shiro) were in it.... except I don't think he does much anime anymore (he does Disney Channel stuff now). He's so perfect, though.

They're CA, though, except for a few that go back and forth. And a lot of the Geass people don't do anything by now.

17031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 10/4/16
Todd Haberkorn does a lot of both so he could probably help cast some CA people for TR.
76829 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
本丸
Offline
Posted 10/4/16 , edited 10/4/16

Nogara-san wrote:


LavenderMintRose wrote:

.... oh my god this is getting a dub.

I will get into this if Johnny Yong Bosch is in it.


No, but he should play this one.



Who doesn't seem to be in this show.

But wow look at him...

JYB should play someone a little bit twisted though.
(I don't know these characters at all except for Hotarumaru and Munechika)

Todd Haberkorn and J. Michael Tatum, too. Yes. Good.

. . . Ricco Fajardo was really good in Arslan, from the two seconds I saw (because most of the rest of them were eh, I switched back to Japanese). He could be in it.
Anyone else from Geass and K besides JYB and Todd Haberkorn -> yes because I'm obsessed with those dubs.

(Then again, Free!'s dub wasn't great and they were in it but still.)

. . . there's like five cute-male-filled shows this season, those guys are going to be busy. Or they'll bring in new people. Either way, I hope the quality doesn't suffer... more than it has from the whole broadcast thing...
I hope they don't focus everything on Joker Game and 91 Days; Kiss Him, Not Me; and All Out!, (because those are recognizably popular categories...)


I don't have him yet (only been playing the game since May). He does look like Fushimi though.


The dub cast from K would be good: Shiro's VA might be good as Munechika and Matt Mercer(Kuroh) as maybe Kasen, Mitsutada (eyepatch guy) or one of the more adult looking characters...


Casting Midare might be a challenge though; would they go with an actress for a dub? I can hear Luci Christian or Clinkenbeard as him.





LavenderMintRose wrote:

Matt Mercer - > yeeesss <3

I don't know their personalities, so it's hard to say, but it would be so great if Sam Riegel (Shiro) were in it.... except I don't think he does much anime anymore (he does Disney Channel stuff now). He's so perfect, though.

They're CA, though, except for a few that go back and forth. And a lot of the Geass people don't do anything by now.



idk anything about dubbed version, since i never watch any.

but that's Akashi kuniyuki, the lazy king from Rai's school xDD
he's really so lazy, and doesn't want to do anything, also, he's crazy over hotarumaru bc he said himself that he's actually hotarumaru & aizen kunitoshi's guardian, but he's blatantly favor hotaru more, he keeps talking about hotarumaru in citadel and even his destroyed line mention hotarumaru. bc of that everyone portrayed him as slightly shotacon over hotaru & kinda mean to aizen.

one of the fastest tachi in the game and although he's a normal rarity tachi (R3), i need 2-3 months to grind map 6-2 just to get him.

24306 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Various
Offline
Posted 10/4/16

clear wrote:


but that's Akashi kuniyuki, the lazy king from Rai's school xDD
he's really so lazy, and doesn't want to do anything, also, he's crazy over hotarumaru bc he said himself that he's actually hotarumaru & aizen kunitoshi's guardian, but he's blatantly favor hotaru more, he keeps talking about hotarumaru in citadel and even his destroyed line mention hotarumaru. bc of that everyone portrayed him as slightly shotacon over hotaru & kinda mean to aizen.

one of the fastest tachi in the game and although he's a normal rarity tachi (R3), i need 2-3 months to grind map 6-2 just to get him.



So have you seen a show called K?


Because he bears a rather striking resemblance to the character in blue here. And that description fits him, with the guy in red (Misaki Yata) being the one he's obsessed with (they used to be on the same side, the Red Clan, but the blue one - Saruhiko Fushimi - left and joined the Blue Clan).

From what little I've seen of Hotarumaru (just the nendoroid), I don't think he's that similar to Misaki, except for the adorable blushing.

But yeah, Fushimi is voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch, so that's why I said that ^_^;
76829 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
本丸
Offline
Posted 10/4/16 , edited 10/4/16

LavenderMintRose wrote:




Yes, i've watched K.

may be you should see Aizen kunitoshi, bc he slightly similar to misaki.
akashi is aizen's guardian, but he's kinda meanie to aizen (the fans tend to draw them like that)
most people keep saying that akashi & aizen should back to K bc of it =D

56403 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Online
Posted 10/5/16

Nogara-san wrote:


I don't have him yet (only been playing the game since May). He does look like Fushimi though.



Have you been playing the event? Because he drops in the 2nd map of the event! I have been able to get 2 of him so far. 8D Makes me quite happy since the other map is a beach to grind.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.