First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
There is no such thing as a female brain or male brain in trans
Banned
1527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 10/5/16 , edited 10/5/16
According to Milo atleast, which i happen to agree with. But its the idea of making mental disorder into a normal reality, the reason is it would be like me saying i identify as a dog. Like its cool that you wish to be one but to literally become one is a mental disorder. Pure and simple
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bS1LFKTgxg
2792 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/5/16
Honestly all the attention that this trans shit gets now makes me irritated and subconsciously makes me "hate" it and expect the worst when talking to anyone who is trans. It doesn't even matter what it is about anymore, I'm just so sick of hearing about it and the stupid extreme shit out there has really destroyed my mental image of the whole scene, which is a shame, because I've always wanted to be the opposite gender since I can remember.
VeggyZ 
2624 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / North Dakota
Offline
Posted 10/5/16 , edited 10/5/16
To me this topic is extremely straightforward and so all the debating over it seems like wasted effort. I know what I can see, and what the sexual organs are, and I know that most people who think things, think that they're correct. They create their own reality and in that reality maybe there's something deeper to being male or female, or not either.

To me, a man is a man, and a woman is a woman. A man might want to be a woman, or might want to chop his pieces off, but he's still male to me, and what he considers himself to be is irrelevant. Thinking in that direction makes things needlessly complicated and anything further like defining what makes one male or female in spirit is an argument over an idea that can never be proven one way or the other.

What one considers it is to be a man (in spirit), is most likely not the criteria I use. We ARE ALL different psychologically, male or female be damned, and the only time I whip out those labels is when there's a penis or a vagina involved.

I should also add that those very sex organs are the motivator behind segregated bathrooms. It's not "feelings" - it's so that men and women aren't whipping out their sex organs in each other's presence and being tempted by each other.
4730 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 10/5/16

Ocale wrote:

Honestly all the attention that this trans shit gets now makes me irritated and subconsciously makes me "hate" it and expect the worst when talking to anyone who is trans. It doesn't even matter what it is about anymore, I'm just so sick of hearing about it and the stupid extreme shit out there has really destroyed my mental image of the whole scene, which is a shame, because I've always wanted to be the opposite gender since I can remember.


That's really close-minded tbh. It's a current civil rights issue. Of course it's going to get brought up a lot.
Posted 10/5/16
This dude's gonna become the forum's next biggest shit-starter. I can feel it
20859 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 10/5/16

VeggyZ wrote:

To me this topic is extremely straightforward and so all the debating over it seems like wasted effort. I know what I can see, and what the sexual organs are, and I know that most people who think things, think that they're correct. They create their own reality and in that reality maybe there's something deeper to being male or female, or not either.

To me, a man is a man, and a woman is a woman. A man might want to be a woman, or might want to chop his pieces off, but he's still male to me, and what he considers himself to be is irrelevant. Thinking in that direction makes things needlessly complicated and anything further like defining what makes one male or female in spirit is an argument over an idea that can never be proven one way or the other.

What one considers it is to be a man (in spirit), is most likely not the criteria I use. We ARE ALL different psychologically, male or female be damned, and the only time I whip out those labels is when there's a penis or a vagina involved.

I should also add that those very sex organs are the motivator behind segregated bathrooms. It's not "feelings" - it's so that men and women aren't whipping out their sex organs in each other's presence and being tempted by each other.


So if a man had a whole body swap aka his brain put into a female body you would consider him still a guy?

Hemaphrodites also exist... but i won't go there
2792 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/5/16

octorockandroll wrote:

That's really close-minded tbh. It's a current civil rights issue. Of course it's going to get brought up a lot.


You're not wrong, but it's less of a headache and disappointment to block it all out instead of try to be involved. The whole movement once gave me a small feeling of hope, but now I always feel annoyed and disgusted and just want to avoid being affiliated with any of it at all.
Posted 10/5/16
Man thank god Milo said it other wise I wouldn't have been convinced.
35972 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Georgia, USA
Online
Posted 10/5/16

Ryulightorb wrote:

So if a man had a whole body swap aka his brain put into a female body you would consider him still a guy?

Science fiction isn't real though
I don't think we are anywhere near close to transplanting brains and even if it was possible the result would be a mentally insane abomination.


4730 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 10/5/16 , edited 10/5/16

Ocale wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

That's really close-minded tbh. It's a current civil rights issue. Of course it's going to get brought up a lot.


You're not wrong, but it's less of a headache and disappointment to block it all out instead of try to be involved. The whole movement once gave me a small feeling of hope, but now I always feel annoyed and disgusted and just want to avoid being affiliated with any of it at all.


How am I wrong? That civil rights issues get talked about a lot? The black rights movement people in the 60s didn't exactly reach their goal by staying in and only bringing the issue up every once and a while. If you're frustrated with how frequently an issue is brought up, then the best way to fix that would be to help fix the problem. Being apathetic about it won't change anything.


EDIT: ARCK!! Im so sorry, I misread the shit out of that Q_Q. Yeah thats my bad, thank you, other person who pointed that out (I already forgot your name, Im sorry for that too. I should probably get more sleep before I post here more)
Posted 10/5/16

octorockandroll wrote:

How am I wrong?


Let's read properly sweety
4730 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 10/5/16 , edited 10/5/16
Let's just leave this here in case its needed.


octorockandroll wrote: anyone making those hilariously outdated helicopter jokes is comparing an abstract and unquanitfiable state of being to a physical one. That comparison makes no sense.
20859 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 10/5/16

Amyas_Leigh wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

So if a man had a whole body swap aka his brain put into a female body you would consider him still a guy?

Science fiction isn't real though
I don't think we are anywhere near close to transplanting brains and even if it was possible the result would be a mentally insane abomination.




Not really science fiction when it will most likely happen in my lifetime.

Also the result would unlikely be an insane abomination now thats just science fiction.

It would be no different then saying someone who replaces their arm becoming an abomination.
VeggyZ 
2624 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / North Dakota
Offline
Posted 10/5/16

Ryulightorb wrote:


VeggyZ wrote:

To me this topic is extremely straightforward and so all the debating over it seems like wasted effort. I know what I can see, and what the sexual organs are, and I know that most people who think things, think that they're correct. They create their own reality and in that reality maybe there's something deeper to being male or female, or not either.

To me, a man is a man, and a woman is a woman. A man might want to be a woman, or might want to chop his pieces off, but he's still male to me, and what he considers himself to be is irrelevant. Thinking in that direction makes things needlessly complicated and anything further like defining what makes one male or female in spirit is an argument over an idea that can never be proven one way or the other.

What one considers it is to be a man (in spirit), is most likely not the criteria I use. We ARE ALL different psychologically, male or female be damned, and the only time I whip out those labels is when there's a penis or a vagina involved.

I should also add that those very sex organs are the motivator behind segregated bathrooms. It's not "feelings" - it's so that men and women aren't whipping out their sex organs in each other's presence and being tempted by each other.


So if a man had a whole body swap aka his brain put into a female body you would consider him still a guy?

Hemaphrodites also exist... but i won't go there


In the case of a Ginyu Body Swap, the sex organs and physical makeup are what denote male and female. I would consider the body whatever sex it is, because the rest is literally the notion of that individual and what they consider themselves to be / want to be. That part I have no say in, and as such it does not determine what sex they are. It's still trying to define yourself by what you believe you are.

But a hermaphrodite is a hermaphrodite, right? There are some who have predominant traits, but they have both sex organs and so throwing the label of male or female on them doesn't ... actually... mean anything, does it?
20859 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 10/5/16

VeggyZ wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:


VeggyZ wrote:

To me this topic is extremely straightforward and so all the debating over it seems like wasted effort. I know what I can see, and what the sexual organs are, and I know that most people who think things, think that they're correct. They create their own reality and in that reality maybe there's something deeper to being male or female, or not either.

To me, a man is a man, and a woman is a woman. A man might want to be a woman, or might want to chop his pieces off, but he's still male to me, and what he considers himself to be is irrelevant. Thinking in that direction makes things needlessly complicated and anything further like defining what makes one male or female in spirit is an argument over an idea that can never be proven one way or the other.

What one considers it is to be a man (in spirit), is most likely not the criteria I use. We ARE ALL different psychologically, male or female be damned, and the only time I whip out those labels is when there's a penis or a vagina involved.

I should also add that those very sex organs are the motivator behind segregated bathrooms. It's not "feelings" - it's so that men and women aren't whipping out their sex organs in each other's presence and being tempted by each other.


So if a man had a whole body swap aka his brain put into a female body you would consider him still a guy?

Hemaphrodites also exist... but i won't go there


In the case of a Ginyu Body Swap, the sex organs and physical makeup are what denote male and female. I would consider the body whatever sex it is, because the rest is literally the notion of that individual and what they consider themselves to be / want to be. That part I have no say in, and as such it does not determine what sex they are. It's still trying to define yourself by what you believe you are.

But a hermaphrodite is a hermaphrodite, right? There are some who have predominant traits, but they have both sex organs and so throwing the label of male or female on them doesn't ... actually... mean anything, does it?




That's a fair enough assessment.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.