First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
Post Reply Sound! Euphonium 2 Discussion
6375 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / The Abyss of Time
Offline
Posted 10/19/16

cay032692 wrote:

I could careless for most of the spiel. The asuka certainty is just so gringo.


Then don't comment on it.

As for Asuka: 1) she shows little to no interest in males and 2) she shows plenty of attraction towards other females; not hard to literally put the two together to the result of "gay or bi".
52869 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 10/19/16

xCrimsonEX wrote:


cay032692 wrote:

I could careless for most of the spiel. The asuka certainty is just so gringo.


Then don't comment on it.

As for Asuka: 1) she shows little to no interest in males and 2) she shows plenty of attraction towards other females; not hard to literally put the two together to the result of "gay or bi".


I'll comment on it, because, guess what I can. dafuq. Or is that privilege for only you now? D=

That's just such a gringo logic.


“Assumptions are dangerous things to make, and like all dangerous things to make -- bombs, for instance, or strawberry shortcake -- if you make even the tiniest mistake you can find yourself in terrible trouble. Making assumptions simply means believing things are a certain way with little or no evidence that shows you are correct, and you can see at once how this can lead to terrible trouble. For instance, one morning you might wake up and make the assumption that your bed was in the same place that it always was, even though you would have no real evidence that this was so. But when you got out of your bed, you might discover that it had floated out to sea, and now you would be in terrible trouble all because of the incorrect assumption that you'd made. You can see that it is better not to make too many assumptions, particularly in the morning.”

― Lemony Snicket
6375 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / The Abyss of Time
Offline
Posted 10/19/16 , edited 10/19/16

cay032692 wrote:

I'll comment on it, because, guess what I can. dafuq. Or is that privilege for only you now? D=

That's just such a gringo logic.


You can do whatever, say whatever; just be ready to deal with whatever comes afterwards. Though logically if you "could care less" about whatever then you shouldn't waste the time or effort on it, like you are here.

Its basic logic and analysis from watching the show.
62784 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 10/19/16
She just hasn't met the right guy yet.
6375 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / The Abyss of Time
Offline
Posted 10/19/16 , edited 10/19/16

bathroom64 wrote:

She just hasn't met the right guy yet.


Or she's just not into men, going by her repeated flirtations with females. Not every female is into men, its not some unheard of concept.
52869 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 10/19/16 , edited 10/19/16

xCrimsonEX wrote:


cay032692 wrote:

I'll comment on it, because, guess what I can. dafuq. Or is that privilege for only you now? D=

That's just such a gringo logic.


You can do whatever, say whatever; just be ready to deal with whatever comes afterwards. Though logically if you "could care less" about whatever then you shouldn't waste the time or effort on it, like you are here.

Its basic logic and analysis from watching the show.


There you go assuming again. But you see I don't care for most of your post, but I do care for you, I care. That's analysis based on a white world view. It's always so odd to see an asuka assumption like that , when it looks like basic familiarity, to me. Oh fyi so you can put it into perspective I was raised in the east afro-middle eastern sector. Her behaviour looks per the norm and not indicative of her sexuality.

..seriously...gringo isn't the center of the world...

It's 2016
6375 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / The Abyss of Time
Offline
Posted 10/19/16 , edited 10/19/16

cay032692 wrote:


Do me a favor and don't care for me, I'm just fine on my own.

Its hilarious how you assume I'm white via assuming my world view is of that race. I honestly don't care where you're from, it doesn't alter the analysis. Her behavior in most cases would be indicative of her being gay or bisexual, this isn't region locked its basic logic which has no location. Its also not a negative thing.

Yeah, its 2016 where being gay/bisexual isn't a big deal and isn't viewed negatively instead people are encouraged to be who they are. Asuka being gay or bi doesn't alter or affect you in anyway, unless ofc you want her as a waifu, though if that's its a sad state of mind.

52869 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 10/19/16

xCrimsonEX wrote:


cay032692 wrote:


Do me a favor and don't care for me, I'm just fine on my own.

Its hilarious how you assume I'm white via assuming my world view is of that race. I honestly don't care where you're from, it doesn't alter the analysis. Her behavior in most cases would be indicative of her being gay or bisexual, this isn't region locked its basic logic which has no location.

Yeah, its 2016 where being gay/bisexual isn't a big deal and isn't viewed negatively instead people are encouraged to be who they are. Asuka being gay or bi doesn't alter or affect you in anyway, unless ofc you want her as a waifu, though if that's its a sad state of mind.



Another assumption! I never assumed your race (you can go back and look through that I never assumed your race, to be clear, I mean the logic is so white-washed), D= . We are humans, we are social creatures, being on your own has to have its pitfalls.

Well thats rather harsh to not care where I am from, to give you an idea of how my school norm looked like =[, and rather dismissive...There are many things a white-washed/western view would consider gay, which was just a norm of familiarity back then, and very weird assumption to overcome moving here.

Sexuality isn't a big deal, and I am not sure why you needed to reference it being negative. Seeing as I am major proponent of other's being conformable with their sexuality and pretty much doing you as the lingo would go. No, I don't have waifus...but yeah I guess thanks for bringing down the conversation to that level I suppose...like dafuq...
22112 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Online
Posted 10/19/16



- Seriously how are Reina and Kumiko not a couple by now, aside from the fact Japan doesn't treat same-sex as legitimate and instead tries to sell it as "just a phase", as not a real relationship, or as a gimmick. They've gone into couple territory and I hope that KyoAni is willing to actually invest in that. If they were a hetero couple, they'd have been made official by ep. 8. I hope they say 'fk the source" and go their own route, cause the source's route sucks ass and is just a usual hetero asspull.
- They really need to stop trying to sell Shuichi x Kumiko, its a waste of time and if they absolutely need to do something with his character, have him actually realize how good of a catch Hazuki is and go with her. Otherwise he can just float off into the ethos for all I care, but no way do they need to try to push him with Kumiko. On the same token, I wish they'd drop with Reina's crush on Taki-sensei. Not only is it degrading to her character to not have her grow past it (especially as her relationship with Kumiko is growing) but its also squick territory (being current student/teacher) -.-
- Really wish they'd stop doing the usual gimmick of having f/f interactions that should lead to romance, but instead because "Japan" are treated as non-romantic. So infuriating seeing romantic potential tossed away because backwards thinking clowns can't come into modern thinking when it comes to same-sex.
- Asuka is totally awesome. She doesn't seem to give any cares for how others see her and she's totally either gay or bi.
- I mentioned once already but I'll repeat the sentiment again: Fk the source material's route! Its a total asspull that only serves to go with a b.s. hetero-normative thinking; I hope KyoAni chooses to go with the more progressive path.


Thank you for this. I am so upset with this season so far. This happens all the time in anime to yuri couples. They're willing to sell them until it's time to actually say they are, and then they abort because they want to sell the girls as waifu material to purity obsessed, lesbophobic otaku. I was so excited for this season, and suddenly it's a 180 and they're making this as hetero as they can.
22112 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Online
Posted 10/19/16

She just hasn't met the right guy yet.


Ew.
52869 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 10/19/16 , edited 10/19/16


If you want to discussion through inbox feel free to shot me a msg. the "lol dafuq" is harsh as an initial reply, but it did spark my need to want to kind of get this more from a different stand point. The Reina and Kumiko one just isn't in my radar at all, since the novel is said to tip toe around different relationships. and Kyoani just doesn't do relationships well..like at all. It doesn't matter the orientation, they are all weak in execution. But this Asuka one fascinates me.
52869 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 10/19/16


I am not sure if you watch cartoons...but if you want to see one that is beyond incredibly made, and light years ahead of most mediums in exploring bi and les dynamics...and just in general possibly one the best cartoons created. Check out Steven Universe. It is out of this world.
6375 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / The Abyss of Time
Offline
Posted 10/19/16 , edited 10/19/16

cay032692 wrote:



You clearly did, seeing as how you approached the entire thing as if I was viewing it from that race's worldview; when you have no clue what my race is (I will say its not Japanese). My "social aspect" is cared for by others I trust with it.

When it comes to the topic at hand, its irrelevant. There's also plenty of same-sex couples not being a thing because of the view that "oh they're just friends" when its more than that. Also last I checked openly flirting with someone of the same-sex = gay not "being familiar". Not to mention in media they use subtleties like this all the time to hint at these things without being upfront about it (since some countries are still stuck in old mentalities).

The implication is that it shouldn't matter if I think Asuka is gay or bi because it isn't a negative thing, it'd just be another trait. As for the waifu aspect, its the reasoning for a lot of people's dislike of same-sex couples; they don't want their waifu taken away.




I don't do Inbox messages, so I suppose this convo ends here. I'm sure if you poke around enough places someone else would be willing to explain Asuka and what not.


ClothStatue wrote:


I dunno so far I've been happy with the handful of shows I've decided to follow cause some are at least hinting at possibly going the legitimate route. Though I totally get the frustration on the yuri front, its either asspulled into hetero couples or used as a fan service/gimmick. I'm really hoping that for this series they either stick to not confirming anything and leaving it open to interpretation or they actually dare to go for a f/f pairing and ignore the source material.
52869 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 10/19/16 , edited 10/19/16

xCrimsonEX wrote:


cay032692 wrote:



You clearly did, seeing as how you approached the entire thing as if I was viewing it from that race's worldview; when you have no clue what my race is (I will say its not Japanese). My "social aspect" is cared for by others I trust with it.

When it comes to the topic at hand, its irrelevant. There's also plenty of same-sex couples not being a thing because of the view that "oh they're just friends" when its more than that. Also last I checked openly flirting with someone of the same-sex = gay not "being familiar". Not to mention in media they use subtleties like this all the time to hint at these things without being upfront about it (since some countries are still stuck in old mentalities).

The implication is that it shouldn't matter if I think Asuka is gay or bi because it isn't a negative thing, it'd just be another trait. As for the waifu aspect, its the reasoning for a lot of people's dislike of same-sex couples; they don't want their waifu taken away.




I don't do Inbox messages, so I suppose this convo ends here. I'm sure if you poke around enough places someone else would be willing to explain Asuka and what not.


ClothStatue wrote:


I dunno so far I've been happy with the handful of shows I've decided to follow cause some are at least hinting at possibly going the legitimate route. Though I totally get the frustration on the yuri front, its either asspulled into hetero couples or used as a fan service/gimmick. I'm really hoping that for this series they either stick to not confirming anything and leaving it open to interpretation or they actually dare to go for a f/f pairing and ignore the source material.

Hmmm well that's a a shame, I guess I'll just find out more on that n u over time


“The author concedes that humanity had the fatal tendency to shape truth to our beliefs rather than beliefs to the Truth.”

― Frank Turek,

If you do have time to spare, check out Steven Universe. If one common ground can come out of this.

I would suggest the last episodes of Korra as well.....but I think you were in the Korra Thread with me. #Korrasami?
6971 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / California
Online
Posted 10/19/16 , edited 10/19/16
Kumiko just say it, say that you want reina to choose you and not taki-sensei. Someone buy taki-sensei some pomade and a comb damn dude.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.