First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply Brave Witches Discussion
19147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M
Offline
Posted 10/12/16
Hey Brave Witches, this is a little embarrassing, but when you fly around like that, your ... CG is showing.
31050 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Ar
Offline
Posted 10/12/16
That quote from Hikari on page 2 of the announcements caught me off guard. I was wondering if they were going to try and mold her somewhat like Yoshika, but she gets a high score on the "big balls" scale for that quote. Hikari is gonna need a lot of training though so I'm intrigued to see how things work out. Maybe she will get to go visit that certain someone who helped
. That would be a neat crossover to see.
416 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Mars Orbit
Offline
Posted 10/12/16 , edited 10/15/16
My main gripe with this is how silly the girls look when they have a serious conversation while wearing just a shirt and no pants/skirts. Just can't take them seriously...
12047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M
Offline
Posted 10/13/16

shaunj07 wrote:

That quote from Hikari on page 2 of the announcements caught me off guard. I was wondering if they were going to try and mold her somewhat like Yoshika, but she gets a high score on the "big balls" scale for that quote.


Indeed - Hikari is very different from Yoshika. I like that.

31050 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Ar
Offline
Posted 10/13/16

Derekl1963 wrote:


shaunj07 wrote:

That quote from Hikari on page 2 of the announcements caught me off guard. I was wondering if they were going to try and mold her somewhat like Yoshika, but she gets a high score on the "big balls" scale for that quote.


Indeed - Hikari is very different from Yoshika. I like that.



Absolutely. I was hoping for her to be different not to slight Yoshika, but to give the story it's own appeal not because it feels 100% like the other story.
1840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Finland
Offline
Posted 10/13/16
Somehow, i'm finding few similarities from the original. Just a few. Not that it really matters.

I'm pretty sure i spotted two typing errors. Shouldn't Fusou be Fuso as well as Suomis be Suomus? Crunchyroll, if you read this sometimes, fix them. Thank you.
39429 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/13/16
Loving what I'm seeing so far. I like the more measured ramp up instead of banking on the Strike Witches series to go full bore and possibly throw off new viewers. Plus it give us time to get to know the new Witches.
51825 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Online
Posted 10/14/16
Episode 2

This episode we see Takami practice with her striker unit and gives Hikari a try at using hers but doesn't go so well. The next day they are attacked by a group of Neuroi and Takami goes out to stall while the back up comes. while fighting she gets wounded and is out match so she uses a technique and is able to beat them. Now she is in state of a coma and more Neuroi are attacking in a different location so now Hikari goes in her place. while not putting much of a fight Hikari seems to tap into the same power that her sisters has but doesn't know it. just in time the Brave Witches come and take care of the Neuroi. In the state that Takami is in she is going to be sent home so Hikari volunteers to take her sisters place.

30065 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / In a van down by...
Offline
Posted 10/14/16 , edited 10/15/16
I was hoping the bath scene from the first episode was a one off and not a foreshadow of the what was going to be the focus. I was happy the second episode didn't have any of the same fan service.


Brave Witches Episode 2 Review
170 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Online
Posted 10/14/16

Yoshithehero wrote:

Somehow, i'm finding few similarities from the original. Just a few. Not that it really matters.

I'm pretty sure i spotted two typing errors. Shouldn't Fusou be Fuso as well as Suomis be Suomus? Crunchyroll, if you read this sometimes, fix them. Thank you.


The "so" part of Fuso is a slightly extended syllable, so Fusou is just as correct as Fuso in spelling terms. I'm pretty sure the word Suomi is used somewhere in universe in reference to Suomus, but yes, that ones wrong since it's referring to the country.


I also noticed one in episode 2, one of the guys on the ship calls Hikari Hikaru at one point.
1840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Finland
Offline
Posted 10/15/16

03burstspear wrote:


Yoshithehero wrote:

Somehow, i'm finding few similarities from the original. Just a few. Not that it really matters.

I'm pretty sure i spotted two typing errors. Shouldn't Fusou be Fuso as well as Suomis be Suomus? Crunchyroll, if you read this sometimes, fix them. Thank you.


The "so" part of Fuso is a slightly extended syllable, so Fusou is just as correct as Fuso in spelling terms. I'm pretty sure the word Suomi is used somewhere in universe in reference to Suomus, but yes, that ones wrong since it's referring to the country.


I also noticed one in episode 2, one of the guys on the ship calls Hikari Hikaru at one point.


Oh, really? Huh, good to see someone who knows this kind of stuff.
119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 10/15/16
It'll likely be more of the same but with some better animation. The original was a big guilty pleasure of mine. The obsurdity (and Major Sakamoto) certainly got my attention. The show already has a much better protagonist (a bit more generic but still much better) and the animation just brings up more kancolle comparisons. All we can do now is wait and see.
9418 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 10/16/16
too cliche for me. dropped
Posted 10/16/16
Liking it. Seems to feel more advanced than Strike Witches in some regards.
64928 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / Seattle
Online
Posted 10/19/16
Episode 3

Hikari has begun her training with the 502nd unit, and Kanno is causing a lot of commotion, while Nipa is there to keep her under control. And then a Neuroi attacks with Hikari struggling on the battlefield with Kanno having to save her bacon. Nipa's striker unit ends up getting broken and Hikari is asked to find her, but another Neuroi attacks. Thanks to Hikari, Kanno was able to destroy it. That was a solid way to break in Kanno and Nipa seeing that Kanno was none too pleased that it was Hikari joining their unit.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.