First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply I think marriage should be restricted to 25
Posted 10/5/16

Hail_King_Kakao wrote:

It should be lowered, I think 13 year old me would have had a chance at not dooming myself to die alone.


Banned
1527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 10/5/16

drozy wrote:


Hail_King_Kakao wrote:

It should be lowered, I think 13 year old me would have had a chance at not dooming myself to die alone.




But honestly that would just send a message that child pedophilia is ok. I dont want that honestly. Already heard some trying to legislate it so its bad enough of just suggesting it.
Posted 10/5/16 , edited 10/5/16

Yeah how could you suggest such horrible things STOP SEXUALIZING CHILDREN.


*INSERT MAD FEMINIST MEME HERE*
28685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 10/5/16

drozy wrote:


Yeah how could you suggest such horrible things STOP SEXUALIZING CHILDREN.


*INSERT MAD FEMINIST MEME HERE*


What are you trying to say here exactly?
Posted 10/5/16

Lemontitties wrote:


drozy wrote:


Yeah how could you suggest such horrible things STOP SEXUALIZING CHILDREN.


*INSERT MAD FEMINIST MEME HERE*


What are you trying to say here exactly?


I'm saying don't sexualize children that's bad. Also a line I hear everywhere which is true but also overused in the statements above.
9524 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Imoutoland!
Offline
Posted 10/5/16

Deyre wrote:

Considering the immature mind of people. They likely wont be fully mature til they read books and figure out their own identity, because high school years and stuff. Or if you plan on going to college. Either way i am just wondering?


And I suppose you're mature?
9802 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / Johnstown, PA, USA
Offline
Posted 10/5/16 , edited 10/5/16
Old enough to drive, smoke, have children, and do most anything else except run for president of the USA, but not old enough get married prior to twenty-five? I suppose the most worthwhile reason behind why I'm opposed to the idea is that there's no conceivable way to enforce this kind of thing upon people who are considered legal adults most all other aspects of the law. At least, not when we're working with thousands upon millions of people. It's not like the barring of marriage does much to prevent children-- You just get kids with single parents, and we already have plenty of that.
Banned
1527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 10/5/16

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


Deyre wrote:

Considering the immature mind of people. They likely wont be fully mature til they read books and figure out their own identity, because high school years and stuff. Or if you plan on going to college. Either way i am just wondering?


And I suppose you're mature?


Its just a suggestion. But yeah sorry about that. I am pretty sure people no matter what age has some gift that differs from others. Arrogance is usually snobby. so that i appologise for
27273 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Online
Posted 10/5/16

Lemontitties wrote:


redokami wrote:


more like ppl having too many kids too youngedit when I say young I mean 20


True. I personally know a few women who I went to school with who ended up having kids at 17-19 years of age. I can never understand how people think they're ready for such a responsibility when they're not even financially stable for it to begin with. Now, one woman I know who had a kid at 17 doesn't even have legality over him anymore. It's truly sad.


How many of those are accidental pregnancies and how many are actual bad decisions
28685 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 10/5/16

nanikore2 wrote:


How many of those are accidental pregnancies and how many are actual bad decisions


Um, none of them are accidental as I know them fairly well. Is this your way of trying to defend teen pregnancy?
Banned
1527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 10/5/16

Lemontitties wrote:


nanikore2 wrote:


How many of those are accidental pregnancies and how many are actual bad decisions


Um, none of them are accidental as I know them fairly well. Is this your way of trying to defend teen pregnancy?


Some people have fetish for pregnancy for some reason. I just consider it a part of life.
Sogno- 
45726 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/5/16
in that case im old enough to be married

qwueri 
16470 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 10/5/16 , edited 10/6/16
25 isn't some magical point in life where you're suddenly more mature or have read more books. Finished an undergraduate/masters degree maybe, college isn't exactly an incubator for maturity either.

Some people mature because they have kids to care for. Some people are never ready to be parents. Let adults make their own decisions.
836 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / somewhere on earth
Offline
Posted 10/5/16
I mean if they are able to work and fund for their family then I think marriage is ok at any age over 18, there is no need for a restriction.
13618 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Australia
Offline
Posted 10/5/16

sundin13 wrote:

This sounds like a terrible idea. Let people make their own decisions.


I mean letting people make their own decisions also sounds like a terrible idea but HEY, we're here I guess.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.