Post Reply Its not fair - paying same premium amount for less content than other regions
4014 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Denmark
Online
Posted 10/5/16
As a danish viewer and premium member I find it unfair that I pay the same amount as other premium member, in for example the US, but the library i have acces to i smaller then thiers. I believe that crunchyroll need to justify these actions. I know that lincese agreements are expensive, but I dont see that as a proper reason, only a bad excuse to there scandinavian subscribers.

Sorry for the spelling english is my third language
Posted 10/5/16

mdschou wrote:

As a danish viewer and premium member I find it unfair that I pay the same amount as other premium member, in for example the US, but the library i have acces to i smaller then thiers. I believe that crunchyroll need to justify these actions. I know that lincese agreements are expensive, but I dont see that as a proper reason, only a bad excuse to there scandinavian subscribers.

Sorry for the spelling english is my third language


Maybe another company licensed the show for your region. Or maybe there are not enough subscribers from your region to pay for the extra licensing costs. Fair has nothing to do with it, It's a business with investors that they have to keep happy by not operating at a loss.
29995 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 10/5/16 , edited 10/5/16

mdschou wrote:

As a danish viewer and premium member I find it unfair that I pay the same amount as other premium member, in for example the US, but the library i have acces to i smaller then thiers. I believe that crunchyroll need to justify these actions. I know that lincese agreements are expensive, but I dont see that as a proper reason, only a bad excuse to there scandinavian subscribers.

Sorry for the spelling english is my third language


It's not up to Crunchyroll though. They're the service, the content is controlled by publishers. So, it all depends on what and where they want to outsource their media to. If Denmark isn't profitable for them, then they're going to tell Crunchyroll no. Hell, it can easily just be a simple case of them not wanting to because they can. Sorry that Denmark doesn't get as much love as the U.S., but as unfortunate as it may be, the United States is Crunchyroll's main market.
104009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 10/5/16

mdschou wrote:

As a danish viewer and premium member I find it unfair that I pay the same amount as other premium member, in for example the US, but the library i have acces to i smaller then thiers. I believe that crunchyroll need to justify these actions. I know that lincese agreements are expensive, but I dont see that as a proper reason, only a bad excuse to there scandinavian subscribers.

Rather than repeat the same explanation, I'll just link to it:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-967813/region-lock-and-prices?fpid=54852761

Der Zoodirektor
25647 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 10/6/16

mdschou wrote:

As a danish viewer and premium member I find it unfair that I pay the same amount as other premium member, in for example the US, but the library i have acces to i smaller then thiers. I believe that crunchyroll need to justify these actions. I know that lincese agreements are expensive, but I dont see that as a proper reason, only a bad excuse to there scandinavian subscribers.

Sorry for the spelling english is my third language


Our subscription pricing bears no relation to the availability of content at all. If we gave you a discount on your subscription in Denmark, we'd be losing money getting the content to you. If that were the case, there'd be no point in serving Danish customers at all.
Just an example: The subscription price for you has not changed ever since we started serving Denmark, and you probably received access to about 200 or more series in the meantime.
27427 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M / Surrey, UK
Offline
Posted 10/8/16 , edited 10/31/16

shinryou wrote:

Our subscription pricing bears no relation to the availability of content at all. If we gave you a discount on your subscription in Denmark, we'd be losing money getting the content to you. If that were the case, there'd be no point in serving Danish customers at all.
Just an example: The subscription price for you has not changed ever since we started serving Denmark, and you probably received access to about 200 or more series in the meantime.


Here's the problem. What you say makes perfect business sense. Your operating costs are going to be largely similar regardless of where you're operating, where someone if watching form and whether they watch ten hours' worth of assorted shows per month or just ten hours' worth of Naruto.

From Crunchyroll's standpoint, all the value is in the service.

From a member's point of view though, the value is in the content. So the perception is very different.
We pay the same price, regardless of location, but the selection we can choose from is very different depending on which country we are in at the time.

You see it as providing the same service, regardless of location. We see it as getting less choice depending on location, but still paying the same rice as people in the more favoured areas.

This perception is not going away any time soon. Because we are paying the same for access to less, regardless of how you attempt to spin it.
1103 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / España
Offline
Posted 10/8/16
As an Spanish user, I think that with the last lies from Crunchyroll (they have been promised for the last month that they would bring Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood to us) I think that the best would be to close the service on Spain. We are fed up with promises and outright lies from them, and most probably it would be better for anime if they would not interfere with the Spanish licensors (which already are offering the major series as Hakyuu on channels like Youtube since CR refused to deal with them)
If CR didn't exist, we would have a better offer of anime on other channels, but their amateurish way of dealing with licensing (And outright lying to people promising series that don't delivering, just to keep the subscription level up) is making the thinks worse.
Der Zoodirektor
25647 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 10/8/16

dirheim wrote:

As an Spanish user, I think that with the last lies from Crunchyroll (they have been promised for the last month that they would bring Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood to us) I think that the best would be to close the service on Spain. We are fed up with promises and outright lies from them, and most probably it would be better for anime if they would not interfere with the Spanish licensors (which already are offering the major series as Hakyuu on channels like Youtube since CR refused to deal with them)
If CR didn't exist, we would have a better offer of anime on other channels, but their amateurish way of dealing with licensing (And outright lying to people promising series that don't delivering, just to keep the subscription level up) is making the thinks worse.


Members of the Crunchyroll staff will never do anything along the lines of promising a specific show for a specific region. We also will never discuss any details of licensing deals in public. Neither will any other party involved in these talks.
Whomever you have that dubious information from is making things up, or is trying to hurt our reputation on purpose.
1103 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / España
Offline
Posted 10/8/16 , edited 10/8/16

shinryou wrote:


dirheim wrote:

As an Spanish user, I think that with the last lies from Crunchyroll (they have been promised for the last month that they would bring Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood to us) I think that the best would be to close the service on Spain. We are fed up with promises and outright lies from them, and most probably it would be better for anime if they would not interfere with the Spanish licensors (which already are offering the major series as Hakyuu on channels like Youtube since CR refused to deal with them)
If CR didn't exist, we would have a better offer of anime on other channels, but their amateurish way of dealing with licensing (And outright lying to people promising series that don't delivering, just to keep the subscription level up) is making the thinks worse.


Members of the Crunchyroll staff will never do anything along the lines of promising a specific show for a specific region. We also will never discuss any details of licensing deals in public. Neither will any other party involved in these talks.
Whomever you have that dubious information from is making things up, or is trying to hurt our reputation on purpose.


You should check before what is happening with Crunchyroll Spain before being so assertive. I invite you to check the spanish CR page ( https://www.facebook.com/Crunchyroll.es/ ) and most important, the message where they correct the previous announcement:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/10/07-1/correccin-fullmetal-alchemist-brotherhood-disponible-nicamente-para-territorio-americano

You even have the previous announcement:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/10/05/full-metal-alchemist-brotherhood-tiene-por-fin-fecha-de-llegada-a-crunchyroll
Sadly, they have edited the page after that, but thanks to google cache you can see than on October 5 it was announced for SPAIN and Latinoamerica:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/10/05/full-metal-alchemist-brotherhood-tiene-por-fin-fecha-de-llegada-a-crunchyroll



But this was not only announced in the last days, since the last Japan Weekend (convention last september) all events from CR has been regarding FMAB.

So yes, they've been lying regarding bringing FMAB to Spain, even in convention. So don't you think that spanish user are in our right to be pissed when CR has lied in our faces about FMAB?
But of course, they are in full damage control mode (removing FB post, editing news) since they have done false adversing and they could be facing a formal enquiry
Der Zoodirektor
25647 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 10/8/16 , edited 10/8/16
It was probably a communication miss. In this case it is an Aniplex of America show, they don't even deal in licenses for Spain.

LATAM licenses will, with a probability close to 100%, never include Spain.
1103 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / España
Offline
Posted 10/29/16

shinryou wrote:

It was probably a communication miss. In this case it is an Aniplex of America show, they don't even deal in licenses for Spain.

LATAM licenses will, with a probability close to 100%, never include Spain.


A communication miss that again affected only Spain and kept many people like myself from cancelling the premium. A very smart move that "miss" with special comics in the front page and FMAB merchandise in the CR booths on anime convention.
A communication miss, what a new way of calling the age old false advertising, like the Dragon Ball Super or One Piece ads we get when the series are not available. How many people falls in that "communication issue" scam each month?
You must be logged in to post.