First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply Girlish Number Discussion
26727 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Tokyo, Japan
Offline
Posted 10/12/16
caught episode 1 last week and If the actual anime industry is even half this bad....
144 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/12/16
Wow.

Um. Okay. So this show basically exists only to piss all over the animation industry. That, ironically, this show is a product of.

What goes on during the production of anime with voice actors and their opinions of writers and other voice actors and stuff? Honestly, I could care less about all that. I just watch anime. I don't really want to watch an anime about how much the people who make anime hate making anime.

Besides, as a writer myself, Momo's attitude towards writers made me angry and I don't think I can stand to look at her face. And Chitose's a bit too much of a brat to suffer as a main character.

Incidentally, to everyone in this thread who's trashing LN authors: Are you a writer? Have you ever written and published anything, anywhere? Professional, amateur, anything? If not, please shut the hell up. Thank you.

Oh, and nothing you enjoy would exist without writers. ^_^
52891 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 10/12/16 , edited 10/12/16

mythrilmothV2 wrote:

Wow.

Um. Okay. So this show basically exists only to piss all over the animation industry. That, ironically, this show is a product of.

What goes on during the production of anime with voice actors and their opinions of writers and other voice actors and stuff? Honestly, I could care less about all that. I just watch anime. I don't really want to watch an anime about how much the people who make anime hate making anime.

Besides, as a writer myself, Momo's attitude towards writers made me angry and I don't think I can stand to look at her face. And Chitose's a bit too much of a brat to suffer as a main character.

Incidentally, to everyone in this thread who's trashing LN authors: Are you a writer? Have you ever written and published anything, anywhere? Professional, amateur, anything? If not, please shut the hell up. Thank you.

Oh, and nothing you enjoy would exist without writers. ^_^


haahahahahahaahahahaha

Does OPEN SOURCE code count? or Academic Programming Thesis Count?...that one was published. =(
33785 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / AR
Offline
Posted 10/12/16

mythrilmothV2 wrote:

Wow.

Um. Okay. So this show basically exists only to piss all over the animation industry. That, ironically, this show is a product of.

What goes on during the production of anime with voice actors and their opinions of writers and other voice actors and stuff? Honestly, I could care less about all that. I just watch anime. I don't really want to watch an anime about how much the people who make anime hate making anime.

Besides, as a writer myself, Momo's attitude towards writers made me angry and I don't think I can stand to look at her face. And Chitose's a bit too much of a brat to suffer as a main character.

Incidentally, to everyone in this thread who's trashing LN authors: Are you a writer? Have you ever written and published anything, anywhere? Professional, amateur, anything? If not, please shut the hell up. Thank you.

Oh, and nothing you enjoy would exist without writers. ^_^

lol
33785 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / AR
Offline
Posted 10/12/16

cay032692 wrote:
Does OPEN SOURCE code count? or Academic Programming Thesis Count?...that one was published. =(

are you a player or a watcher?
57002 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Planet Sanno
Offline
Posted 10/12/16
Word of mouth is making me more and more interested in this show. Might have to give it a go.


mythrilmothV2 wrote:
Besides, as a writer myself, Momo's attitude towards writers made me angry and I don't think I can stand to look at her face.


Hmm. I thought you might be that Mythril Moth (from a certain FFML), and I think you've just sort of confirmed it, so, if that's so, welcome to Crunchyroll (... from somebody else who's been lurking on the aforementioned mailing list since around the late '90s).
52891 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 10/12/16

BigChocolate wrote:


cay032692 wrote:
Does OPEN SOURCE code count? or Academic Programming Thesis Count?...that one was published. =(

are you a player or a watcher?


Prisoner.
33785 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / AR
Offline
Posted 10/12/16

cay032692 wrote:


BigChocolate wrote:


cay032692 wrote:
Does OPEN SOURCE code count? or Academic Programming Thesis Count?...that one was published. =(

are you a player or a watcher?


Prisoner.

aye
144 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/12/16

rcsatcrunchyroll wrote:

Word of mouth is making me more and more interested in this show. Might have to give it a go.


mythrilmothV2 wrote:
Besides, as a writer myself, Momo's attitude towards writers made me angry and I don't think I can stand to look at her face.


Hmm. I thought you might be that Mythril Moth (from a certain FFML), and I think you've just sort of confirmed it, so, if that's so, welcome to Crunchyroll (... from somebody else who's been lurking on the aforementioned mailing list since around the late '90s).


Yeah, that's me. Formerly of the FFML, currently of FiMFiction.net.
23008 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 10/12/16
I found the show pretty funny and maybe more true then anime fans will except. I found it interesting how they bag on LN more than other works
15861 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 10/12/16
Hmmm this was surprisingly amusing. Love how they rip on light novels. I wouldn't be surprised if that's how everybody is like in the industry.
Koda89 
33626 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Oklahoma City, OK
Offline
Posted 10/12/16

mythrilmothV2 wrote:

Wow.

Um. Okay. So this show basically exists only to piss all over the animation industry. That, ironically, this show is a product of.

What goes on during the production of anime with voice actors and their opinions of writers and other voice actors and stuff? Honestly, I could care less about all that. I just watch anime. I don't really want to watch an anime about how much the people who make anime hate making anime.

Besides, as a writer myself, Momo's attitude towards writers made me angry and I don't think I can stand to look at her face. And Chitose's a bit too much of a brat to suffer as a main character.

Incidentally, to everyone in this thread who's trashing LN authors: Are you a writer? Have you ever written and published anything, anywhere? Professional, amateur, anything? If not, please shut the hell up. Thank you.

Oh, and nothing you enjoy would exist without writers. ^_^


I doth think you took her words wrong. She's not complaining about writers in general, just light novel writers who she views as people who still want to be involved in otaku media, but lack the talents to do any of the other jobs. Still a bit misguided from her, but not to the extent that you think.

Also, for the love of god, the whole, "You're complaining about the quality of work from this type of profession? I'd like to see you do it, then." defense needs to stop. It's always brought up, but it doesn't hold water. You can be critical of things without being able to do it yourself.

I'm not a published writer, but I'm still a writer and I laughed at Momo's comments, and hell all of the digs the show made at light novels in this episode, not because I hate light novels, in fact some of my favorite anime are light novel adaptations, but rather because the light novel field is insanely flooded right now with a crap ton of cookie cutter series out there and many of the ones I have read are honestly not that good in my opinion.
144 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/12/16

Koda89 wrote:

I doth think you took her words wrong. She's not complaining about writers in general, just light novel writers who she views as people who still want to be involved in otaku media, but lack the talents to do any of the other jobs. Still a bit misguided from her, but not to the extent that you think.

Also, for the love of god, the whole, "You're complaining about the quality of work from this type of profession? I'd like to see you do it, then." defense needs to stop. It's always brought up, but it doesn't hold water. You can be critical of things without being able to do it yourself.

I'm not a published writer, but I'm still a writer and I laughed at Momo's comments, and hell all of the digs the show made at light novels in this episode, not because I hate light novels, in fact some of my favorite anime are light novel adaptations, but rather because the light novel field is insanely flooded right now with a crap ton of cookie cutter series out there and many of the ones I have read are honestly not that good in my opinion.


Perhaps you're right. However, from my perspective as a writer, I've seen far too many artists go online and laugh at writers in general for having no skills, no talent, and basically being worth "less" than artists. Especially when it comes down to artists thinking they deserve more money for what they do than writers. Or that writers don't deserve money for writing at all.

THAT is why Momo's remarks pissed me off. Because it reminded me of artists' entitlement that I have taken issue with in the past and continue to take issue with.

In any event, this show is too sour, spiteful, and meta for me to derive any enjoyment from. I'll stick to watching things I enjoy for their quality, not for their self-referential satire.
Koda89 
33626 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Oklahoma City, OK
Offline
Posted 10/12/16

mythrilmothV2 wrote:


Koda89 wrote:

I doth think you took her words wrong. She's not complaining about writers in general, just light novel writers who she views as people who still want to be involved in otaku media, but lack the talents to do any of the other jobs. Still a bit misguided from her, but not to the extent that you think.

Also, for the love of god, the whole, "You're complaining about the quality of work from this type of profession? I'd like to see you do it, then." defense needs to stop. It's always brought up, but it doesn't hold water. You can be critical of things without being able to do it yourself.

I'm not a published writer, but I'm still a writer and I laughed at Momo's comments, and hell all of the digs the show made at light novels in this episode, not because I hate light novels, in fact some of my favorite anime are light novel adaptations, but rather because the light novel field is insanely flooded right now with a crap ton of cookie cutter series out there and many of the ones I have read are honestly not that good in my opinion.


Perhaps you're right. However, from my perspective as a writer, I've seen far too many artists go online and laugh at writers in general for having no skills, no talent, and basically being worth "less" than artists. Especially when it comes down to artists thinking they deserve more money for what they do than writers. Or that writers don't deserve money for writing at all.

THAT is why Momo's remarks pissed me off. Because it reminded me of artists' entitlement that I have taken issue with in the past and continue to take issue with.

In any event, this show is too sour, spiteful, and meta for me to derive any enjoyment from. I'll stick to watching things I enjoy for their quality, not for their self-referential satire.


That's fair enough. I never had to deal with that kind of stuff before(though as I'm both a writer and artist I suppose I'm just such a big enough critic of my own work that nothing anyone else says can phase me.... ), and it sucks that you have. Well, as long as you enjoy what you watch, it's all good.
7093 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / California
Offline
Posted 10/12/16 , edited 10/12/16
more direct satire to open more eyes to the thruth...reality is depressing...never leave your house....lul
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.