First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply Girlish Number Discussion
8039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/12/16
Oh how quick she did a 360 at the end there.

I imagine she's going to bomb at it .
Koda89 
33626 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Oklahoma City, OK
Offline
Posted 10/12/16

HowlingLotus wrote:

Oh how quick she did a 360 at the end there.

I imagine she's going to bomb at it .


I think one of two things happens. Either she bombs at it, or the show ends up being something like Hundred or Cerberus, as in, it's not a very good show.

2470 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/12/16
This will clearly be the absolute best gold mine for funny faces (and GIFs) I might see in a long time. I like the 4 panel manga feel to the show, there's that constant fluidity to movement that feels like the show will never slow down or get boring. It feels like a full throttle adventure despite the backwards plot. In short, I'm in love with the pacing. While I didn't expect much from the synopsis, I guessed the actual plot would be sort of aimless with a touch of "coming of age", but I get the feeling this one won't be taking itself seriously ever. The MC is absolutely lovable with her brutal honesty that really is relatable yet antagonistic.

In all honesty I'm not a fan of the bad mouthing the industry. I'm sure it'll get old and repetitive very quickly, I desperately hope they plan on adding comedy elements outside of that. I wasn't disappointed by the art, which by the way drew me in from the very beginning. The fabulous color and fashion is something highly uncommon. My overall opinion of the show so far is that it's missing a great deal in the central plot, but makes up for in the rest. This is one of the most laid back shows I've seen in quite a while. Judging this show artistically would be falling into their trap, it's clearly a satire.
31050 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Ar
Offline
Posted 10/12/16
From the SNAFU guy? Of course I will be watching this. The first episode was great. I still havent watched Shirabako so I'll need to go do that one week when I have the time.
12047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M
Offline
Posted 10/13/16

shaunj07 wrote:

From the SNAFU guy? Of course I will be watching this. The first episode was great. I still havent watched Shirabako so I'll need to go do that one week when I have the time.


And Seiyu's Life! if you have a Funi sub.
416 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Mars Orbit
Offline
Posted 10/13/16
Watari Wataru is easily my favourite author. I'm cynical and sarcastic, although nowhere near Hachiman's levels; but still enough to fully enjoy his works. Definitely looking forward to more of this (but please write that 12th volume too!)
31050 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Ar
Offline
Posted 10/13/16

Derekl1963 wrote:


shaunj07 wrote:

From the SNAFU guy? Of course I will be watching this. The first episode was great. I still havent watched Shirabako so I'll need to go do that one week when I have the time.


And Seiyu's Life! if you have a Funi sub.


I do have their sub. Thanks for the heads up.
4048 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/13/16
Ha that was funny, gloves off claws out, and I haven't seen that level of LN "bashing" since Saekano.
8039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/13/16

Koda89 wrote:


HowlingLotus wrote:

Oh how quick she did a 360 at the end there.

I imagine she's going to bomb at it .


I think one of two things happens. Either she bombs at it, or the show ends up being something like Hundred or Cerberus, as in, it's not a very good show.



Woah, now! Hundred is a decent guilty pleasure type show.

In terms of this episode...
I thought at first they were going to cast her in a hentai game. It made sense with the "this industry is rotten" thing they have going.
52891 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 10/15/16


"FUCKING YES!"


god I love this show waaaaaaay more than I should, and same goes for the cat face new girl, her face is just so appealing to me, just waiting for her to say Nyaaaa at some point. Could Chitose reaction faces be anymore funny and perfect? I just had to make a few...:
Spoiler-ed for size... lol
Can we take a second to appreciate that PV? all those STILL FRAMES, the bread a butter of "we have no fucking clue what to do with this" PV style lolol.

Anyway, if it isn't apparent yet, this might be my pet show of the season, just too much fun to be had, like its not a top 3, but has its own special place already. Heck, I might just give it top 5 beacuse of how much it became a pet show in 2 episodes. ~Gahahaha~
24927 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 10/15/16

cay032692 wrote:



"FUCKING YES!"


god I love this show waaaaaaay more than I should, and same goes for the cat face new girl, her face is just so appealing to me, just waiting for her to say Nyaaaa at some point. Could Chitose reaction faces be anymore funny and perfect? I just had to make a few...:
Spoiler-ed for size... lol
Can we take a second to appreciate that PV? all those STILL FRAMES, the bread a butter of "we have no fucking clue what to do with this" PV style lolol.

Anyway, if it isn't apparent yet, this might be my pet show of the season, just too much fun to be had, like its not a top 3, but has its own special place already. Heck, I might just give it top 5 beacuse of how much it became a pet show in 2 episodes. ~Gahahaha~


I was laughing so hard at the PV. Couldn't help but think A-1 did it. Like it was sooooooooooooooooooo bad but it was fucking great.

Also FUCKING YES!!!!!!

I like the new additions, Kansai girl is bae, and Hawawawawa is cute. Chitose is too great with her faces and her cockyness.

52891 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CA
Offline
Posted 10/15/16 , edited 10/15/16

Swaggercandy wrote:
I was laughing so hard at the PV. Couldn't help but think A-1 did it. Like it was sooooooooooooooooooo bad but it was fucking great.

Also FUCKING YES!!!!!!

I like the new additions, Kansai girl is bae, and Hawawawawa is cute. Chitose is too great with her faces and her cockyness.


Ayyyyyyy's Swag, nothing but 100 Ayyyy's!! D'= , it is not even close to being over yet and I am already gonna miss it.
49355 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M/F - Michigan
Offline
Posted 10/15/16
"cunning airhead" >_>
1458 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Europe
Offline
Posted 10/16/16
Chitose is easily the best MC of the season. So atypical for an industry filled with moe dense airheaded honest hard working genki heroines. Really refreshing.

And what is funny is that the other VAs are no-better. Even Koto, nice-girl with a kansai-ben accent is implied to be faking her accent for popularity. And going Chitose's thoughts, Yae's innocent shy girl behavior might also be that. Ironically the executives they have to deal with are eve worse people than them.

I hope Chitose does not get some change of heart. I hope she gets worse. I hope she ruins lives of some other VAs as a stepping stone for her own career. We need more realistic and flawed human heroines like Chitose.
6401 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / The Abyss of Time
Offline
Posted 10/16/16
Ep. 2

My liking of this show continues to increase as it shows more of the BTS of the anime production world. I actually have to wonder if the meeting shown early on is what happens in certain series when the anime studio wants to go for a cheap buck by adding in fan service or sexualizing the characters beyond the original designs.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.