Post Reply MegaMan X would make great animations, but anime community would ruin it
Banned
1524 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 10/10/16 , edited 10/10/16
Sadly considering most are perverts it would likely not be good : I. But there is hope from this one scene.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlpXQ2WQtrQ

Notice no chibi effects, its just the characters fighting adding that effect. I dont really mind the dialouges so much Funimation ruins the pitch of girls in most cases and makes them sound like 9 year old even if its 15 year old. You wanna know why they do? Because its a fetish in Japan of making 15 year old girls or 18 sound younger than they are, sometimes its due to their age actually but in most cases its likely for bad fetish reason. And somehow we are inclinced to imitate that awful perversion here.

My point is anime has lots of potential. But i fear with modern fanbase that it will just suffer and be a circle jerk of NSFW fans. I mean the world has really become perverted ever since we went out of the 90s. Broken Sword 2 quote seems to say it the best "Its this type of smut that is declining morality in the western world"
56910 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / Planet Sanno
Online
Posted 10/10/16
Might I recommend playing the Maverick Hunter X version of Mega Man X? It includes a short anime prequel to the events of the game, and it is not half bad. (MHX is a PSP game, but might still be available from the PSN Store as a download if you have a Vita, IIRC.)
12031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / El Mirage, AZ
Offline
Posted 10/10/16
So is this about megaman x or voice acting in general? cause your title and post are saying two different things.
Banned
1524 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 10/10/16
Its about both
1788 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Finland
Offline
Posted 10/10/16
Mega Man X as anime? Probably would've worked in 90's but nowdays? I don't know...
21175 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/10/16
But there is already a Maverrick hunter X OVA that served as a prequel for X1 and it was great. X and Sigma were voiced by the two best rival too for the dub. The same VAs as Domon and Master Asia from G Gundam.

So yes Megaman X would surely work as an anime.
4583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Decemberunderground
Offline
Posted 10/10/16 , edited 10/10/16

GoldCrusader wrote:

But there is already a Maverrick hunter X OVA that served as a prequel for X1 and it was great. X and Sigma were voiced by the two best rival too for the dub. The same VAs as Domon and Master Asia from G Gundam.

So yes Megaman X would surely work as an anime.


It was horrible and got Zero wrong.

There was a Megaman anime. The ops post did make me laugh from how stupid it is though.
21175 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/10/16

Kerst wrote:


GoldCrusader wrote:

But there is already a Maverrick hunter X OVA that served as a prequel for X1 and it was great. X and Sigma were voiced by the two best rival too for the dub. The same VAs as Domon and Master Asia from G Gundam.

So yes Megaman X would surely work as an anime.


It was horrible and got Zero wrong.

There was a Megaman anime. The ops post did make me laugh from how stupid it is though.


Insanity! The dub was fantastic! It gave so much life and personality to each character. Zero was great too, his VA did an awesome job.
144 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/10/16

Deyre wrote:

Sadly considering most are perverts it would likely not be good

My point is anime has lots of potential. But i fear with modern fanbase that it will just suffer and be a circle jerk of NSFW fans.


You really shouldn't start troll threads that get in the way of legitimate discussion. It isn't nice.

4583 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Decemberunderground
Offline
Posted 10/10/16

GoldCrusader wrote:


Kerst wrote:


GoldCrusader wrote:

But there is already a Maverrick hunter X OVA that served as a prequel for X1 and it was great. X and Sigma were voiced by the two best rival too for the dub. The same VAs as Domon and Master Asia from G Gundam.

So yes Megaman X would surely work as an anime.


It was horrible and got Zero wrong.

There was a Megaman anime. The ops post did make me laugh from how stupid it is though.


Insanity! The dub was fantastic! It gave so much life and personality to each character. Zero was great too, his VA did an awesome job.


They made Zero weak.
You must be logged in to post.