First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply ‘Learn your manners,’ a white man wrote to his black neighbor. This was the response
18690 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 10/10/16

PrinceJudar wrote:

That be like if I did my usual stimming--then got pissed off and offended the people beneath me filed a complaint for jumping around at 2 am in the morning. I mean, how ableist would that be? My poor psychological well being!

I could never live next to people for that reason. RIP.

It's not news, just the media chowing down on the melodrama between the sensitive and insensitive.



hey judar, nice to see you again
22653 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 10/10/16

redokami wrote:

hey judar, nice to see you again


Yeah, same. I've been busy takin' care of my head. I'm fuckin' crazy, yah know?



Maybe I'll be less so when this election is finally over.

18690 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 10/10/16

PrinceJudar wrote:


redokami wrote:

hey judar, nice to see you again


Yeah, same. I've been busy takin' care of my head. I'm fuckin' crazy, yah know?



Maybe I'll be less so when this election is finally over.



I think we all want this election to be over, hurry up and get screwed over, why prolong it


I hope you feel better
16741 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 10/10/16
The first guy REALLY overreacted threatening to call the police and the second guy went racist bringing race into the matter.

Fuck both of them?
37319 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/10/16 , edited 10/10/16

Rujikin wrote:

The first guy REALLY overreacted threatening to call the police and the second guy went racist bringing race into the matter.

Fuck both of them?


In defense of the guy who wrote the note, he did admit, in the article, that he was tired and grumpy when he wrote the note, and he did state that he shouldn't have threatened to call the cops.

I live in an apartment. I go out of my way to be sure my PC gaming, and anime watching isn't too loud. From time to time, if I see my neighbors in the hallway, I ask if my speakers are too loud. And when my neighbors play their music so loud I can hear it (it wakes me from my sleep), I call the building security to report it.

There was one time when I actually called police, which is why I do my best to keep my noise levels down. I don't want the cops to knock on my door...
12041 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/10/16 , edited 10/10/16
Threatening to call a police over an issue that could have resolved with a simple knock on the door sounds like a death threat to a Black man. Seems like a stretch until...you know...everything that has been going on with Police and minorities. Remember police have the right to use deadly force if there is a perception that their life or that of bystanders are threatened. Perceived being the key word.
37319 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/10/16 , edited 10/10/16

5085trunks wrote:

Threatening to call a police over an issue that could have resolved with a simple knock on the door sounds like a death threat to a Black man. Seems like a stretch until...you know...everything that has been going on with Police and minorities. Remember police have the right to use deadly force if there is a perception that their life or that of bystanders are threatened. Perceived being the key word.


However, recall that the man who wrote the note, did not know the ethnicity of the noisy neighbor. Also, to say that police are a "death sentence to a black man" is racist in itself. Black folks call police all of the time, because that's how you solve problems that can get out of hand if you try to solve the problem yourself.

One of the reasons folks call police is because they don't know the people they're calling the cops on. You say, "go and try to solve the problem by talking to the neighbor." That's fine, but I actually tried that once, and almost got into a fight with that neighbor. That's why I call the cops now. Calling police should not be categorized as a racist act. It is a prudent act. Police are trained to deal with problems in a diplomatic fashion. However, if an individual is an ass, and acts like an ass when police are present. Then said individual might need to be dealt with in a more ramped up manner: citations, arrest, less than deadly force followed by arrest, deadly force, followed by hospitalizations, and then arrest, or a trip to the coroner's office.

People who don't have the sense to tone it down a bit when police show up, are already dangerous, and I'm generalizing, because people like that are of all races, ages, and genders. It's just that the media focuses on what sells more than on what actually happens. Numerically speaking, there really are more White people than Black people, except in big cities. Black people seem to live in cities and not in rural areas (most of the United States. I don't know why that is...) However, shootings and other situations where police have to use force that happens in the boondocks don't make the news. The news markets are all in the big cities. So, that's what gets covered by the news outlets....

Aggghhh!!! I'm thinking too hard!!!

I need to go out and get some ramen...
Sogno- 
45682 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/10/16
this shouldn't have been been a race issue
966 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / ɴᴇᴠᴇʀᴡʜᴇʀᴇ
Offline
Posted 10/10/16
No one would read it or care about it nor would it warrant a forum topic here if no one made it about race.
10813 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Auburn, Washington
Offline
Posted 10/10/16
White people threaten to call the police on each other ALL THE TIME.

That's a cultural thing, because when the cops get called on a white guy, they strut around being menacing and acting like dicks for ten minutes, then give you a stern warning and leave.

But when the cops get called on a minority, sometimes people get shot. For no good reason. It's stupid. And it's been like that... shit, literally as long as I can remember. Like, it was happening thirty years ago.

So to a black man, "I will call the cops" is basically a death threat.

Both sides of this were just a little bit ignorant of the other. Trouble is, these days, you're only allowed to criticise the white guy...
7104 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / United States
Offline
Posted 10/10/16
AWESOME. it happens again they should call the cops.
69881 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Oklahoma
Offline
Posted 10/10/16

cdarklock wrote:

White people threaten to call the police on each other ALL THE TIME.

That's a cultural thing, because when the cops get called on a white guy, they strut around being menacing and acting like dicks for ten minutes, then give you a stern warning and leave.


As a white guy that had a gun pulled on him by a cop at a small gathering: BS. Cops kill white people all the time too, it's just not as marketable by the media.
18690 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 10/10/16

cdarklock wrote:

White people threaten to call the police on each other ALL THE TIME.

That's a cultural thing, because when the cops get called on a white guy, they strut around being menacing and acting like dicks for ten minutes, then give you a stern warning and leave.

But when the cops get called on a minority, sometimes people get shot. For no good reason. It's stupid. And it's been like that... shit, literally as long as I can remember. Like, it was happening thirty years ago.

So to a black man, "I will call the cops" is basically a death threat.

Both sides of this were just a little bit ignorant of the other. Trouble is, these days, you're only allowed to criticise the white guy...


the other problem is the white guy didn't know the other guy was black
35896 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Georgia, USA
Online
Posted 10/10/16

cdarklock wrote:

White people threaten to call the police on each other ALL THE TIME.

That's a cultural thing, because when the cops get called on a white guy, they strut around being menacing and acting like dicks for ten minutes, then give you a stern warning and leave.

But when the cops get called on a minority, sometimes people get shot. For no good reason. It's stupid. And it's been like that... shit, literally as long as I can remember. Like, it was happening thirty years ago.

So to a black man, "I will call the cops" is basically a death threat.

Both sides of this were just a little bit ignorant of the other. Trouble is, these days, you're only allowed to criticise the white guy...


Except that statistics show that more whites are shot by police than black, period.
The black man only thinks calling the cops is a death threat because he lacks the ability to control his violent impulses.
10813 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
47 / M / Auburn, Washington
Offline
Posted 10/10/16

redokami wrote:


cdarklock wrote:


Both sides of this were just a little bit ignorant of the other. Trouble is, these days, you're only allowed to criticise the white guy...


the other problem is the white guy didn't know the other guy was black


Well, see, "didn't know" is kind of what "ignorant" means.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.