First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Bill & Hillary Clinton’s Wikipedia pages hacked, replaced with porn
qwueri 
22852 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 10/13/16 , edited 10/13/16
How do you hack a wikipedia page? I thought anyone could technically contribute to them.
39 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 10/13/16 , edited 10/13/16

qwueri wrote:

How do you hack a wikipedia page? I thought anyone could technically contribute to them.


yes but wikipedia has moderators and they dont accept all changes
371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 10/13/16
"It's the end of the world as we know it"
1491 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Canada, Toronto
Offline
Posted 10/13/16

Dark_Alma wrote:


Amyas_Leigh wrote:

Those damn Russians just won't stop, clearly this is cause for military action

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/sep/1/clinton-us-will-treat-cyberattacks-just-any-other-/



Look up Stuxnet. Cyber attacks can do some crazy stuff...

Like cause a nuclear powerplant to melt down! Or you could get one into military computers and kill them all by simply turning off the fans and the notifications that it is overheating.

I do think Cyber Attacks can pose a real threat. The main story though? I really don't care!


I I can say something about my experience on hackers: open-source websites like wikipedia is vulnerable to hacking. The hacking is mostly conducted by the Capitalist elites who have a lot of time and resource for hacking as part of their white-collar criminal profession. The Capitalists also occupy administrative positions on many major social media where they conduct intensive white-collar hacking especially near election periods. The Capitalist will be like the first antagonist in the Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai (one of those anime which receive irrational criticism for opposing the Capitalist delusion), the Capitalists create overreaction to overpowered criminals while hiding the importance of authority to sustain a major criminal activities for long-term.
62379 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 10/13/16

daryo12 wrote:


qwueri wrote:

How do you hack a wikipedia page? I thought anyone could technically contribute to them.


yes but wikipedia has moderators and they dont accept all changes


I would think the easiest way is to hack a moderator's account so you could accept your own changes.
runec 
38550 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/13/16 , edited 10/14/16

qwueri wrote:
How do you hack a wikipedia page? I thought anyone could technically contribute to them.


You don't really ( as in you don't even really need too ). It was vandalized. Not "hacked". The changes were only up for a few minutes before they were reverted by moderators.



Rujikin wrote:
Good job whoever did this!



I'm glad everyone is thrilled that political discourse in the nation has fallen so low that you're cheering on this kind of shit and these sorts of people.


15100 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Massachusetts
Offline
Posted 10/13/16
Really not taking that dip in the polls well are you guys?
Posted 10/13/16
LOL
47839 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / SC
Offline
Posted 10/13/16 , edited 10/13/16


perfect
12305 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Abyss
Offline
Posted 10/13/16

sinoakayumi wrote:


I I can say something about my experience on hackers: open-source websites like wikipedia is vulnerable to hacking. The hacking is mostly conducted by the Capitalist elites who have a lot of time and resource for hacking as part of their white-collar criminal profession. The Capitalists also occupy administrative positions on many major social media where they conduct intensive white-collar hacking especially near election periods. The Capitalist will be like the first antagonist in the Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai (one of those anime which receive irrational criticism for opposing the Capitalist delusion), the Capitalists create overreaction to overpowered criminals while hiding the importance of authority to sustain a major criminal activities for long-term.


Open source websites are not that hard to deal with. I would be more worried about closed source.

Also, not 100% sure I agree with the capitalists. I mean, look at people like 4chan who do it for the loll's. For all I know, 4chan did this, like they voted for the polls to make it look like Trump won all of them. It could also be someone like Anonymus who carries out their own vigilante justice (some like the hack of West Borough Baptist Church I agree with, some I don't). Lizard Squad just hacked to be assholes.

Not all hackers have an agenda. You have those who do it for the loll's, some to cause damage, some for their own justice, some to topple a government and some to try to influence events. I don't think you can put all hackers under one umbrella.

One Punch Mod
117897 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 12/16/17
Year-end cleanup. Closing threads with no new posts since 12/31/2016.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.