First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Hillary to be the most unpopular president in U.S. history
27273 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 10/13/16 , edited 10/13/16
I'm certainly less certain about this than I am about Hillary being the next president (reference all instances of me saying "who cares, Hillary's the next president anyway") but I am still fairly sure that Hillary is going to be the most unpopular U.S. president in history.

(...To U.S. residents anyways. I don't really care what people from other countries think of her- probably something meh like "better than Trump" like many people here)

1. People are going to vote for her, not because she's any good but because they think she's the smaller of two turds

2. Same goes with all the Republicans and independents voting for her, basically

3. Same goes with all the Bernie backers who are no doubt still at least a bit pissed off if not still VERY pissed off about how she worked with the DNC to sneakily screw Bernie over (I'm not going to talk about how Bernie rolled over afterwards, that's OT)

So yeah, she's gonna be basically even less popular than Dubuhyah was in the "good ole days" of... Dubuhyah. Hillary's got a whole LOT of work to do to climb herself out of that poll hole after being sworn in next year, if she even care about such a thing.

As for the rest of the presidency? Same ole rotten business as usual, nothing to see there, move along until 2020 when who knows she might even be elected AGAIN depending on how fucked up the Republicrat party is then (...or is it Demopublicans? same diff)
10620 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/13/16
As long as Mike Pence takes over as President, who cares?
48449 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / AZ
Offline
Posted 10/13/16
She'll be up there with Warren G. Harding.
27273 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 10/13/16

gornotck wrote:

As long as Mike Pence takes over as President, who cares?


That couldn't happen unless Donald's the next president, and Donald's not going to be the next president...
19555 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / NYC Metro Area
Offline
Posted 10/13/16 , edited 10/15/16
I still think Trump has a decent chance to win. The man has been grossly underestimated and at least where I am there are a lot of closet Democrat Trump supporters who keep their viewpoints from being public in order not to jeopardize their job or standing within their community, clubs, organizations, etc. There will often be more WikiLeaks dumps, she has a scandal almost weekly now, although the media blaming everything on the Russians has been working with many of the uninformed.

So for argument sakes, let's say she wins. Yeah, she is going to make us miss the Obama and Dubya days.
Congress is going to love her though, hell you are going to see record numbers of bills pass through Congress like we haven't seen in a while since she is bought out by many of the same benefactors. She has the media in her pockets, so we will probably all be told lies how grand things are even as the debt continues to go through the roof, see more bills that raise our taxes, our deductibles and our general cost of living, while our wages will fall due to the signing of a few more flawed trade deals.

2020, well the Republicans got nobody that is acceptable to their base anymore, well perhaps Pence I guess, maybe. Especially if Clinton wins, the anti-establishment feelings in the GOP will be even larger than they are now. It's not like the Dems can nominate someone to beat her in 2020 election since they will rig the rules to make that impossible.

If she wins, she will be a 2 term President, I guarantee it. Also of interest, if Trump loses the Republicans (voters) will sack Paul Ryan as Speaker of the House by throwing his house reelection and God only knows how long it will take to agree on another. Actually I take that back, Ryan is getting sacked either way at this point, just follow his fb page to see what I mean

614 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/13/16 , edited 10/14/16

kevz_210 wrote:

There will often be more WikiLeaks dumps, she has a scandal almost weekly now, although the media blaming everything on the Russians has been working with many of the uninformed.


Donald has to be the best at everything in his mind so for every scandal she gets he creates 3 more for himself.
19555 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / NYC Metro Area
Offline
Posted 10/13/16 , edited 10/13/16

EichiXIII wrote:


kevz_210 wrote:

There will often be more WikiLeaks dumps, she has a scandal almost weekly now, although the media blaming everything on the Russians has been working with many of the uninformed.


Donald has to be the best at everything in his mind so for every scandal she gets he creates 3 more for himself.


Yes although most of his "scandals" are about something stupid he said, to be fair. Actually up until his recent fiasco, I think he created a vast majority of these so called scandals to get free media coverage since he cannot financially compete with the Democrats in a traditional manner, especially since the Republican party leaders hate his guts.

Unrelated, love your avatar one of my favorite mangas
581 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / F
Offline
Posted 10/13/16 , edited 10/14/16
Actually, it doesn't matters who wins. If Clinton wins she'll be the most unpopular president. If Trump wins he'll be the most unpopular president. Either way, we are screwed. The only way to save our country at this point is to get rid of the two party system.
614 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/13/16

kevz_210 wrote:


EichiXIII wrote:


kevz_210 wrote:

There will often be more WikiLeaks dumps, she has a scandal almost weekly now, although the media blaming everything on the Russians has been working with many of the uninformed.


Donald has to be the best at everything in his mind so for every scandal she gets he creates 3 more for himself.


Yes although most of his "scandals" are about something stupid he said, to be fair. Actually up until his recent fiasco, I think he created a vast majority of these so called scandals to get free media coverage since he cannot financially compete with the Democrats in a traditional manner, especially since the Republican party leaders hate his guts.

Unrelated, love your avatar one of my favorite mangas :happy:


I wouldn't doubt it if he did do it for that reason but then he also can't complain if that is part of the very thing that makes him lose.

Thanks! Though I was considering changing it soon...
27273 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 10/13/16

kevz_210 wrote:

I still think Trump has a decent chance to win. The man has been grossly underestimated and at least where I am there are a lot of closet Democrat Trump supporters who keep their viewpoints from being public in order not to jeopardize their job or standing within their community, clubs, organizations, etc. There will often be more WikiLeaks dumps, she has a scandal almost weekly now, although the media blaming everything on the Russians has been working with many of the uninformed.



Well Trump has a chance if he suddenly becomes laser-focused on how ole Hillary is a proven crook versus him being an unproven crook

http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-press-buries-hillary-clintons-sins-1476401308

(fat chance.) of COURSE he's not gonna be doing that because he's all too busy being trolled out of his yoooge head and back

He's too trolled to do anything but swinging and smacking himself silly in the process
19555 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / NYC Metro Area
Offline
Posted 10/13/16

nanikore2 wrote:


kevz_210 wrote:

I still think Trump has a decent chance to win. The man has been grossly underestimated and at least where I am there are a lot of closet Democrat Trump supporters who keep their viewpoints from being public in order not to jeopardize their job or standing within their community, clubs, organizations, etc. There will often be more WikiLeaks dumps, she has a scandal almost weekly now, although the media blaming everything on the Russians has been working with many of the uninformed.



Well Trump has a chance if he suddenly becomes laser-focused on how ole Hillary is a proven crook versus him being an unproven crook

http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-press-buries-hillary-clintons-sins-1476401308

(fat chance.) of COURSE he's not gonna be doing that because he's all too busy being trolled out of his yoooge head and back

He's too trolled to do anything but swinging and smacking himself silly in the process


Hmm, good point it showed big time in the first debate, however in the 2nd he did just that. Regardless, I highly doubt there are heaps of undecided voters left, I mean the two of them are so different so it could be argued that the debates won't change whatever is the final outcome, but at least its quality entertainment.
9322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / The Void
Offline
Posted 10/13/16
We're probably going to be in a Nuclear War no matter who wins, so I don't even care anymore.
27273 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 10/13/16

LadyPsychic wrote:

Actually, it doesn't matters who wins. If Clinton wins she'll be the most unpopular president. If Trump wins he'll be the most unpopular president. Either way, we are screwed. The only way to save our country at this point is to get rid of the two party system.


The only we we'd be rid of a two party system is if there's an event of apocalyptic, ACTION MOVIE proportions that sends everything burning up in FLAMES


...but I wouldn't want that because if that happens chances are it'd be a North Korean missile which would vaporize me since I live on the left coast
19555 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / NYC Metro Area
Offline
Posted 10/13/16 , edited 10/14/16

EichiXIII wrote:


kevz_210 wrote:


EichiXIII wrote:


kevz_210 wrote:

There will often be more WikiLeaks dumps, she has a scandal almost weekly now, although the media blaming everything on the Russians has been working with many of the uninformed.


Donald has to be the best at everything in his mind so for every scandal she gets he creates 3 more for himself.


Yes although most of his "scandals" are about something stupid he said, to be fair. Actually up until his recent fiasco, I think he created a vast majority of these so called scandals to get free media coverage since he cannot financially compete with the Democrats in a traditional manner, especially since the Republican party leaders hate his guts.

Unrelated, love your avatar one of my favorite mangas :happy:


I wouldn't doubt it if he did do it for that reason but then he also can't complain if that is part of the very thing that makes him lose.

Thanks! Though I was considering changing it soon...


Completely agree, although I would argue that given that financial situation he would lose going the traditional route so he has nothing to lose.

Looking long term, in 2-3 more election cycles the Democrats will win automatically due to demographic changes and it is already going that route. Any Republican basically has to win a decent majority of swing states to win already, and when a few more states turn blue the election will be little more than a formality.
27273 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 10/13/16 , edited 10/14/16

keeton52 wrote:

We're probably going to be in a Nuclear War no matter who wins, so I don't even care anymore.


wow I wrote my last comment about North Korean missiles the same time you wrote that, it's like freakish psychic
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.