Post Reply Crunchyroll payment not working.
hipten 
25076 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 10/13/16 , edited 10/13/16
I have never had this problem before but I got two emails one saying. Please update your payment method and the next one saying my premium membership has not expired.

Now the problem is when I put my information in, that was the same as last time, I'm getting a message saying There was a problem with your card. Please try again.
And there is another message saying There was a problem with your submission. Please try again. If i just try to add the card to the account.

How do you fix this problem because it's very annoying.
7005 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 10/14/16
I'm having the same issue.
Der Zoodirektor
23359 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 10/14/16
The automatic cancellation will take about 24 hours. Once your premium status resets to free member, use /premium_pick_plan?membership=premium to resubscribe.
hipten 
25076 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 10/14/16
I just did the 7 day free trial for now but when that is up I have to wait 24 hours ?
12063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Montreal, Qc, Canada
Offline
Posted 10/16/16
I am having the same issue, even after the 7 day free gift I've received from support had expired, I still get error messages when I try to enter my credit card info. I tried deleting the billing info from my profile but now it won't let me add it again, or subscribe to premium. I sent a message to support again. I've never had problem before in the two years I've subscribed...
Der Zoodirektor
23359 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 10/16/16

Kittysnape wrote:

I am having the same issue, even after the 7 day free gift I've received from support had expired, I still get error messages when I try to enter my credit card info. I tried deleting the billing info from my profile but now it won't let me add it again, or subscribe to premium. I sent a message to support again. I've never had problem before in the two years I've subscribed...


You could try using you card as the payment source for PayPal, and then use PayPal to subscribe.
55398 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/16/16
I had same problem. Wanted to renew for Premium+, but it said there was a problem.

I. too, deleted my perfectly correct credit card information and could not get the payment page to accept the information, again,

Did not feel like providing a new credit card into a glitchy system..

Used Der Zoodirektor's link. Credit Card still didn't work, but the Paypal option did work.


Tried to add credit card again, now that it shows Paypal as a payment method, but that still doesn't work.

Get your act together Crunchroll,

I nearly decided not to go Premium Plus, but I do truly love the product you provide and want to support what you all are doing.

Have to wonder how many people shugged and gave up... Don't you?

Der Zoodirektor
23359 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 10/16/16 , edited 10/16/16

shortnow wrote:

I had same problem. Wanted to renew for Premium+, but it said there was a problem.

I. too, deleted my perfectly correct credit card information and could not get the payment page to accept the information, again,

Did not feel like providing a new credit card into a glitchy system..

Used Der Zoodirektor's link. Credit Card still didn't work, but the Paypal option did work.


Tried to add credit card again, now that it shows Paypal as a payment method, but that still doesn't work.

Get your act together Crunchroll,

I nearly decided not to go Premium Plus, but I do truly love the product you provide and want to support what you all are doing.

Have to wonder how many people shugged and gave up... Don't you?



If a card is not accepted it usually means that one of the banks involved in the process does not like it. It is very likely that it is NOT us who refuse the card.
12063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Montreal, Qc, Canada
Offline
Posted 10/16/16

shinryou wrote:

If a card is not accepted it usually means that one of the banks involved in the process does not like it. It is very likely that it is NOT us who refuse the card.


A lot of user are experiencing the same issue so I doubt all our different bank and credit card company are to blame.

On my part though, I already did the verification with my credit company. They don't even see the transaction being made so it is not them blocking it, meaning it's not even processed here. Plus I have no problem with other subscription being renewed. So yeah, it seems more likely to me that the problem rest within CrunchyRoll's system.

Also I don't like how paypal operates hence I chose not to affiliate with them. I'd like to stay that way if possible which is why I submitted the problem to customer services first.
Der Zoodirektor
23359 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 10/16/16 , edited 10/16/16

Kittysnape wrote:
A lot of user are experiencing the same issue so I doubt all our different bank and credit card company are to blame.

On my part though, I already did the verification with my credit company. They don't even see the transaction being made so it is not them blocking it, meaning it's not even processed here. Plus I have no problem with other subscription being renewed. So yeah, it seems more likely to me that the problem rest within CrunchyRoll's system.

Also I don't like how paypal operates hence I chose not to affiliate with them. I'd like to stay that way if possible which is why I submitted the problem to customer services first.


There's more to it than just your bank. Might very well be ours. But that's outside of our control.
There are definitely some cards that they cannot process, like non-US AMEX cards.
12063 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F / Montreal, Qc, Canada
Offline
Posted 10/16/16 , edited 10/20/16

shinryou wrote:

There's more to it than just your bank. Might very well be ours. But that's outside of our control.
There are definitely some cards that they cannot process, like non-US AMEX cards.


You have a point but It also might be something else entirely and your answers make it sound like you're dismissing the problem. I'm not trying to put blame on anyone here but I'd like to go to the bottom of the issue.

I've been a client with CR with recurring payment on the same credit card that is now problematic for the past two years. Never had any trouble before so if any policy or contract with Visa has changed and you no longer accept that payment method well I'm sure I'm not the only one who would want to know.
hipten 
25076 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 10/19/16 , edited 10/20/16
I'm still not able to do the payment for premium. This is really starting to get annoying. Just like kittysnape I have been a reaccurig member for a while with no problems and now all of sudden my Visa card is not working only with crunchyroll. It works with Netflix FunimationNow so I know my card works. But I do see kittysnape does have visa as well is that the problem. Does crunchyroll not accept visa anymore ?
55398 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/19/16
I'm using the same card that I've been using for Crunchyroll subscriptions since I signed up, years ago. It's working everywhere else and is a main stream banking service. Nothing esoteric.

Also, it's the card I use with Paypal and it was accepted.

Just saying.

I'd check if a change was made recently to the payment page programming. Not that I've looked at it in the last year, but it is different from last year, so changes do get made.

Or, since the behavior resembles a system that isn't picking up a connection, it may be that a server was upgraded and someone didn't update the database path to identify whatever the new server might be named.


hipten 
25076 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 10/22/16 , edited 10/22/16
So the premium membership is still not working and this is really starting to get frustrating. I did the 7 day free trial just to see if that would help and that went through but it only went through with iTunes but the card I have on my iTunes is the same card I'm trying to use to pay for the premium membership. So how does that work for the iTunes payment but it doesn't work when I want it to pay with just the card?

Edit: I just called my bank and they said they saw that you guys denied my transaction because you guys still have my old expiration date number and old cv number and even though I took off my cards saved on file since it's the same account but a new updated card it's conflicting with that. So I'm guessing this is on crunchyrolls end right now. I don't know how I would fix that

Edit 2: it's sad that one of the answers that I keep on getting from people is to make a whole new account. I shouldn't have to make a whole new account to pay for something.
You must be logged in to post.