First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Science Racist?
qwueri 
16418 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Online
Posted 10/14/16
College student has batshit opinion, more news at 11.
14733 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/14/16

Amyas_Leigh wrote:

Is science racist? UCT students seem to think so.
Note how one man is forced to apologize for saying its not true that you can use black magic to control lightening.


A spokesperson for Asgard was quoted as saying "Foul miscreants! Midgard shall rue the spreading of such lies!"
6638 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 10/14/16
This is what happens when you let liberal arts students do the jobs of science majors.
8603 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F
Offline
Posted 10/14/16
Yes, science is racist. And mathematics is sexist, history is ageist, and English is homophobic

am I doing this right
18686 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 10/14/16 , edited 10/14/16
look its your typical liberal, next thing you know Obama is gonna invite her to the white house and talk about how to expand science education I Africa, ya know, "African" (?) science I guess

joking aside she is fucking retarded
edit: I mean I know Africans are really anti west , but this really makes me wonder how she passed her education, and what the education is even like
6031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 10/14/16

sinoakayumi wrote:

I do not always have time to watch videos especially on something that may be a trolls. And what about a superstition in Africa when superstitions is also common in the Western world with the invisible hand, evil foreign hive-mind, and the overpowered hard-working innovative Communists.


You mean Adam Smith's invisible hand isn't just a metaphor to describe how the market reacts seemingly without impetus from market agents? People in the West actually believe there is an unseen hand at work? Economically illiterate moron.

Evil foreign hive-mind
Who even believes this except for the occasional wandering conspiracy nut? It is tempting to lump people with different beliefs and other cultures into groups, but I don't think anyone right in the head actually believes that they comprise a hive mind.

Hard-working and innovative communists
My sides. Now there's a myth if ever I saw one. Everybody knows that communists are dirty dreadlocked hippies that live in little idle collectives together pondering nothing more than how to get a hold of their next pound of grass and channeling John Lennon while badly strumming stolen guitars. Down with the man bruh.

Come on now, you will have to try a little harder with your rhetoric. You could have picked literally any Western religion to take a shot at. Any one at all or all of them collectively. Instead you cited things that people don't actually believe in as a multicultural false-equivalency argument against a video you admit that you were too lazy to watch. *slow clap*
543 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/15/16

NillaWaferz wrote:


sinoakayumi wrote:

I do not always have time to watch videos especially on something that may be a trolls. And what about a superstition in Africa when superstitions is also common in the Western world with the invisible hand, evil foreign hive-mind, and the overpowered hard-working innovative Communists.


You mean Adam Smith's invisible hand isn't just a metaphor to describe how the market reacts seemingly without impetus from market agents? People in the West actually believe there is an unseen hand at work? Economically illiterate moron.

Evil foreign hive-mind
Who even believes this except for the occasional wandering conspiracy nut? It is tempting to lump people with different beliefs and other cultures into groups, but I don't think anyone right in the head actually believes that they comprise a hive mind.

Hard-working and innovative communists
My sides. Now there's a myth if ever I saw one. Everybody knows that communists are dirty dreadlocked hippies that live in little idle collectives together pondering nothing more than how to get a hold of their next pound of grass and channeling John Lennon while badly strumming stolen guitars. Down with the man bruh.

Come on now, you will have to try a little harder with your rhetoric. You could have picked literally any Western religion to take a shot at. Any one at all or all of them collectively. Instead you cited things that people don't actually believe in as a multicultural false-equivalency argument against a video you admit that you were too lazy to watch. *slow clap*


You Capitalist should recognize your own religion especially when you are implanting variation of your religion into many left-wing ideologies with your hacked accounts then criticizing the left-wing for embracing your own religion. You should not omitted my quoted post which state that 'scientific racism' is a pseudo-science using rigged experiments to justify racial division. Also, stop calling others lazy for not babysitting you.

You Capitalists restricted education on social science in primary schools so you can brainwash your own citizen and distort the religious glory of Adam Smith. Adam Smith (1776) described the invisible hand as a work by a benevolent God who administered the universe to maximized human happiness. The idea that the invisible hand magically work by the disorganized patterns of behaviors by many people without a shared goal is a recent modification; it is used to explain how anarchy can work effectively by making the people follow a collective hive-mind without incentive. Ironically, you also create fear of hive-mind by claiming that any Western citizen can suddenly follow a foreign hive-mind like the Communists or Muslim terrorists due to some magical power.

You Capitalism should stop projecting you negative image into the Communists. Even after the Cold War, you Capitalists create fear of Communists for their hard-work and innovation by claiming that Communists will become evil for no reason. You Capitalists even create fake Communist organizations and hack into Communists accounts so you can embrace your hippy collective hive-mind under Communist name and held the Communists responsible for your hippy culture.
Posted 10/15/16 , edited 10/15/16
If one is to honestly speak of Capitalism, then one must also note when deviations from it are present.

Capitalism requires all players to abide be the same sets of rules and measures. So in order to have true capitalism, we cant have a central bank that counterfeits money and its legal. Or messes with the interest rates and gives banks more money, fix exchange rates, fix precious metals markets, and on, and on and on.

Thus one simply cannot assert we have "Capitalism" because "crony capitalism" is nothing but a method of bribery that lies along the slope to fascism that allows big businesses easy access to cheap money that they can then use to move the government around.

This is ALL enabled by the capture of the Central Banks, the instatement of fractional reserve banking, the de linking of gold as a backing and switching it out for a consumable, which really just makes it all about FLOW of oil, money....see how all of this, and all the wars are tied together?

So flow is tied to counterfeiting, with the double whammy that we RENT the "money" from them to begin with. (which is why the assertion that "if all debts were paid off, there'd be no federal reserve note dollar" actually holds true in that weird sense.)

Does anyone here want to let someone cut their necks open, and have someone who isnt really a friend have your carotid in between their thumb and forefinger?
2248 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/15/16
Sure, knock yourselves out South Africa. In fact why just there, why not ALL of Africa?

Bin the science, throw the whites out of the country. The couple of thousand warlords who don't starve can be easily rolled up afterwards.

Population reduced, continent stabilised, job done.

You're welcome
42905 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/15/16
Racism has nothing to do with this. It's pure, unadulterated Idiocy.
6031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 10/17/16 , edited 10/17/16

sinoakayumi wrote:


You Capitalist should recognize your own religion especially when you are implanting variation of your religion into many left-wing ideologies with your hacked accounts then criticizing the left-wing for embracing your own religion. You should not omitted my quoted post which state that 'scientific racism' is a pseudo-science using rigged experiments to justify racial division. Also, stop calling others lazy for not babysitting you.


Nice strawman. I didn't call you lazy because I wanted you to baby sit me, I called you lazy because you claimed that your time was too precious to watch the short video the OP linked and set about making a false equivalency without even knowing the contents of said video. Moreover, I never asked you to babysit me, nor did I imply to such a request or do I desire that you would. Apparently you are intellectually dishonest in addition to lazy. You know nothing of my religion or any other beliefs I may hold; you merely assume what I believe. This is further evidence of your laziness, dishonesty and inability to rely on the merits of your own position. So you set up your pathetic strawmen and beat them with your feeble rhetorical sticks. I don't really care about "scientific racism," to be honest: Social Darwinism and other forms of pseudo-science used to justify institutionalized racism are relics of the 19th and 20th centuries. Notably, and perhaps ironically given your assertions, they were beliefs that were held by leftists in most cases. Either way, the hackneyed beliefs of racists who have been dead more than a century have no bearing on my life or the lives of anyone else except in backwaters where they persist.


sinoakayumi wrote:

You Capitalists restricted education on social science in primary schools so you can brainwash your own citizen and distort the religious glory of Adam Smith. Adam Smith (1776) described the invisible hand as a work by a benevolent God who administered the universe to maximized human happiness. The idea that the invisible hand magically work by the disorganized patterns of behaviors by many people without a shared goal is a recent modification; it is used to explain how anarchy can work effectively by making the people follow a collective hive-mind without incentive. Ironically, you also create fear of hive-mind by claiming that any Western citizen can suddenly follow a foreign hive-mind like the Communists or Muslim terrorists due to some magical power.


What "religious glory" is Adam Smith's? Let me hit you with some knowledge: Adam Smith never specifically mentions God in his writings. You assume that "Capitalists" have restricted the social sciences, yet in most disciplines Western students are taught to abhor themselves, their history and cultural heritage for injustices and prejudices of past generations which they can do nothing to affect. This is largely what is taught in our schools because the so-called educators that run them consist largely of Marxists of various stripes.

You clearly have no understanding of the invisible hand concept or grammar for that matter, so I am going to hit you with some knowledge. Smith presumes that each transaction has its own incentives and disincentives. The notion is that when free from duress, actors in the economy will act in their own self-interest to make transactions that maximize their own benefit. Because these transactions are voluntary, the other parties engaged in those activities also maximize their own benefit and they mutually profit by obtaining what the other has which they believe provides them with more utility than their current possessions. As an infinite number of these transactions occur, society is improved because each individual's circumstances improve with each transaction that they make. The only obstacles to this progress in a free market are duress or coercion by government, entropy, scarcity, and possibly unintended negative consequences of unfettered commerce such as pollution. Contrary to your assertion, "anarchy" or rather individual liberty incentivizes not a hive mind but instead engenders benign self interest. I don't think that there are many people who fear the radicalization of individuals due to magic power, that is patently absurd unless you can provide some evidence of Western belief in this so-called "magic." Radicals mainly come from among the disenfranchised or the idle upper classes in the West (Marx is a good example of the latter).


sinoakayumi wrote:

You Capitalism should stop projecting you negative image into the Communists. Even after the Cold War, you Capitalists create fear of Communists for their hard-work and innovation by claiming that Communists will become evil for no reason. You Capitalists even create fake Communist organizations and hack into Communists accounts so you can embrace your hippy collective hive-mind under Communist name and held the Communists responsible for your hippy culture.


I don't need to project any negative image onto Communism, the results speak for themselves: 100 million dead and counting from oppression and starvation. Self-determination is rejected in favor of the collective and incentive to perform dies with it. The means of production are seized for the "greater good," the will of benevolent (or perhaps not) dictators decide that they know better what should be produced, in what quantity and how it should be distributed. Because this production is wholly or partly divested from market forces (natural supply and demand) efforts and materials are wasted while simultaneously failing to meet the needs of the starving people who suffer under the commissars' will. Shortages lead to rationing, which in turn results in more suffering and unrest. Political opposition is quelled by force, ideas are suppressed when they do not conform to the Leader's orthodoxy. As Mao said, political power comes from the barrel of a gun. And so the people suffer with their "more equal" masters' guns pointed at them. With no incentive to perform, corners are cut in production and innovation is stifled because the only way to advance oneself is by being born into the political elite. The vast majority of technological and scientific progress made in the post-war Soviet Union resulted from spying and reverse-engineering western innovations. Unsurprisingly Communists seem to be good at stealing but not much else. Despite claims of egalitarianism and prosperity, Communism looks more like serfdom for the masses as they are lorded over by an unelected, inept gentry who in their unrivaled megalomaniacal delusions believe themselves the grand architects of progress.

tl;dr Your beliefs are misguided and constructed on innumerable fallacies and falsehoods. Educate yourself.
2994 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / In a Yaoi Fanfic
Online
Posted 10/17/16
Well, if electronic items in South Africa ran on ancient African curse power then she would have a point.

Also I'm pretty sure if lightning magic worked we would be spamming the crap out of it on Trump and Hillary.
6031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 10/17/16 , edited 10/17/16

Dogempire wrote:

Well, if electronic items in South Africa ran on ancient African curse power then she would have a point.

Also I'm pretty sure if lightning magic worked we would be spamming the crap out of it on Trump and Hillary.


Forget Trump and Hillary, more like everyone in Washington. If we ad a responsible, ethical legislature then it wouldn't even matter if either of these two clowns was in the White House.

Everybody is getting all whooped up about how awful these two are, but they shouldn't be that impactful without the complicity of Congress. Other than executive orders, which are supposed to be limited in scope or an represent a responsible emergency exercise of power (i.e. to resolve some acute problem rather than have a lasting impact on the public) Even SCOTUS nominees and cabinet appointments are subject to approval by the Senate.
54646 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 10/17/16
Many people were brought up to think what they felt was good was right. They could be thrown towards a black hole and instead of trying to gravity slingshot away they would rather debate how immoral the black hole is. These are the people who also crave power. Don't give them an inch, they preach dogma of a new modern religion.
5116 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/17/16

pandrasb wrote:

It's not a troll video

this is a troll video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ



I knew what video that would be and I still clicked it. I wasn't wrong.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.