Post Reply How do you curb internet use
27251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 10/15/16
I have resorted to plugging the router up to a lamp timer
42905 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/15/16
Who's use are you curbing? Also, most routers will let you manage when they're available without having to resort to a lamp timer.
Posted 10/15/16
for some reason this made me think of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaB_G1WNT70
4003 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Abyss
Online
Posted 10/15/16
Self discipline. Tell myself I should go for a run, or read in the sun.

Posted 10/15/16
I don't

27251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 10/15/16 , edited 10/15/16

mlchanges wrote:

Who's use are you curbing? Also, most routers will let you manage when they're available without having to resort to a lamp timer.


mostly mine

"oh lookie it's 3am"

Somehow the option on ddwrt custom firmware doesn't work... I'd probably have to revert back to default firmware for it to work


RaisedInACult wrote:

for some reason this made me think of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaB_G1WNT70


Guardian of A/M/P
65266 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Yo Mama's House
Offline
Posted 10/15/16
You kind of accept it and do some kind of self discipline.

I have to use the internet to live my life and earn my money, so it is kind of hard to just stop or avoid a lot of the temptations of just being on it to lounge and such.

I probably just go and exercise, but then again, I still use the internet for streaming my musics. "LAWL"
33341 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Socal
Offline
Posted 10/15/16

nanikore2 wrote:


mlchanges wrote:

Who's use are you curbing? Also, most routers will let you manage when they're available without having to resort to a lamp timer.


mostly mine

"oh lookie it's 3am"

Somehow the option on ddwrt custom firmware doesn't work... I'd probably have to revert back to default firmware for it to work


RaisedInACult wrote:

for some reason this made me think of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaB_G1WNT70




Damn you transistors, damn you *shakes fist*
2604 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Whale Island
Offline
Posted 10/15/16

nanikore2 wrote:

I have resorted to plugging the router up to a lamp timer


curb internet use ? ...

97899 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
68 / M / Columbia, MO
Offline
Posted 10/15/16
EMF strike
4197 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 10/16/16
Having enough responsibilities and things you know you have to do. Growing up does that to you. Though it can still be hard to be disciplined and do what you need to do first, before going online.
5447 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
54 / M / Tacoma, WA. wind...
Offline
Posted 10/16/16
Well . . . I got a notice from Comcast that I can only have one terabyte of bandwidth a month, so I will be doing what I have always done....
Nothing....

31119 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 10/16/16
I just read a few of the political threads on CR. I'm usually ready to drink myself into a stupor after only a handful of posts no matter how early in the day it is.

You might say I'm simply replacing one bad habit with another, but I say it's karma. I'm sure my liver did terrible things in a past life.
1442 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/22/16
get a job
hang out with friends
volunteer
play sport
learn something new

etc..

either that.. of sign up with internet provider that give you pretty crappy internet cap and will charge you extra if you go over that will help for sure..
You must be logged in to post.