First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Capcom pro tour discussion.
4714 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 10/18/16

miGneto wrote:

I was hoping Mago would win SCR 2016 (I love watching his Karin) but it seems Cammy's pressure was too much for him to deal with (Xiao Hai put him in losers and then KBrad sent him home).

Speaking of Xiao Hai, when he's on point he seems unbeatable. He's definitely gonna be bringing a lot of momentum into the Capcom Cup finals.

Early on it seemed like Infiltration would win everything but there are at least 5 players right now who can take it all at the finals:

- Tokido
- Momochi
- Xiao Hai
- Daigo
- Infiltration



Personally I don't think Daigo is really as great as he's hyped up to be, and I haven't paid enough attention to tokido. Xiao Hai gave us a great showing at SCR but I still think that if anyone is going to be able to bring down infiltration at the capcom cup it's most likely going to be momochi.
34129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Vancouver, BC, Ca...
Offline
Posted 10/18/16 , edited 10/18/16

octorockandroll wrote:
Personally I don't think Daigo is really as great as he's hyped up to be, and I haven't paid enough attention to tokido. Xiao Hai gave us a great showing at SCR but I still think that if anyone is going to be able to bring down infiltration at the capcom cup it's most likely going to be momochi.



Yeah, he definitely hasn't been his usual self in Street Fighter V.. Some tournaments he seems like he's very apprehensive in his play but in the Milan tournament he was in top form, IMO, so you can never really count him out.
4714 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 10/18/16

miGneto wrote:


Yeah, he definitely hasn't been his usual self in Street Fighter V.. Some tournaments he seems like he's very apprehensive in his play but in the Milan tournament he was in top form, IMO, so you can never really count him out.


Fair point, I guess all we can do for rn though is speculate, sadly.
107960 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / strangereal
Offline
Posted 10/18/16
Personally, I don't think Daigo is all that into or invested in the game especially considering how long he's been going at it. He's been awesome throughout the years from his debut and ssf4 so I think he's left enough but that's my opinion.
4714 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 10/20/16

ragnarok6789 wrote:

Oh man I haven't seen a guile in forever and yeah he was a dlc character. Thanks I'll be sure to check that one out.


In case you haven't found it here it is, because I'm bored.
107960 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / strangereal
Offline
Posted 10/20/16
I don't see any links but I did watch some of this guy's matches on capcom tourney page on youtube. He has some really cool stuff. I liked his set with bonchan and mov so far.
4714 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 10/21/16

ragnarok6789 wrote:

I don't see any links but I did watch some of this guy's matches on capcom tourney page on youtube. He has some really cool stuff. I liked his set with bonchan and mov so far.


Oh, oops. That's my bad

And yeah, I really like I'mStillDaddy, it's a shame he didn't win. Europe is really short on big names. I can't even think o any beside him Luffy and Phenom.
34129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Vancouver, BC, Ca...
Offline
Posted 10/21/16

octorockandroll wrote:

And yeah, I really like I'mStillDaddy, it's a shame he didn't win. Europe is really short on big names. I can't even think o any beside him Luffy and Phenom.


Ryan Hart has done fairly well of late. He's always a threat at any given tournament he enters.

Will2pac is easily one of the best Laura players at the moment.

4714 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 10/21/16

miGneto wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

And yeah, I really like I'mStillDaddy, it's a shame he didn't win. Europe is really short on big names. I can't even think o any beside him Luffy and Phenom.


Ryan Hart has done fairly well of late. He's always a threat at any given tournament he enters.

Will2pac is easily one of the best Laura players at the moment.



Oh yeah I forgot about Ryan Heart. I can't remember anything from will2pac though, which sucks seeing as we apparently share a given name. Good for europe though. Now if only Canada cpuld get some good name recognition out there.
34129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Vancouver, BC, Ca...
Offline
Posted 10/21/16

octorockandroll wrote:

Oh yeah I forgot about Ryan Heart. I can't remember anything from will2pac though, which sucks seeing as we apparently share a given name. Good for europe though. Now if only Canada cpuld get some good name recognition out there.



Yeah, Canada has Chi-Rithy and... uhh... that's about it

Air has been quite vocal about his dislike of the game so he hasn't played at all after that mini-Canada Cup they had in Vancouver a few months ago.

During the Street Fighter III: Third Strike era and all of SFIV there were some notable Canadians.
107960 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / strangereal
Offline
Posted 10/21/16
Yeah I agree there aren't many notable europe players despitr having a very sizable fanbase there. I recall in one of their official streams they were wondering if RX would come back for SFV for Urien but I doubt it since most 3rd strike players invest in that game only in japan.
4714 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 10/21/16

ragnarok6789 wrote:

Yeah I agree there aren't many notable europe players despitr having a very sizable fanbase there. I recall in one of their official streams they were wondering if RX would come back for SFV for Urien but I doubt it since most 3rd strike players invest in that game only in japan.


Why doesn't sfiii get played more anyway? I still see tournaments for street fighter 1 2, the alpha games, 4 and of course 5 but never 3.
4714 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 10/21/16
Any of you guys watching the FV cup tomorrow?
107960 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / strangereal
Offline
Posted 10/22/16
Huh really? I see plenty enough SF III tournaments or matches still today. You probably have to follow the right person. I recommend TheShend if you haven't subscribed to that person on youtube already.

I might depending on when it starts.
34129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Vancouver, BC, Ca...
Offline
Posted 10/30/16 , edited 10/30/16
Anyone watching Canada Cup 2016? Some pretty good matches yesterday (e.g., Daigo Umehara vs 'NuckleDu) and Hsien Chang surprising everyone with Juri.

Xiao Hai is, unsurprisingly, steamrolling the competition.. IMO he's the one to beat in Canada Cup but I'm rooting for John Takeuchi or Onuki. On another note, Infiltration once again going with a secondary character (when he faced Daigo) instead of sticking with his tried and true Nash
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.