First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Capcom pro tour discussion.
4566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 10/30/16

miGneto wrote:

Anyone watching Canada Cup 2016? Some pretty good matches yesterday (e.g., Daigo Umehara vs 'NuckleDu) and Hsien Chang surprising everyone with Juri.

Xiao Hai is, unsurprisingly, steamrolling the competition.. IMO he's the one to beat in Canada Cup but I'm rooting for John Takeuchi or Onuki. On another note, Infiltration once again going with a secondary character (when he faced Daigo) instead of sticking with his tried and true Nash


Honestly I just want a Canadian to win. It has always kind of upset me how under represented sfv competitors can be in their own country, but it's worse when its my country.

Sadly I have not watched it. I've been at comic con all weekend. Someone give me a list of all the best fights please
34041 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Vancouver, BC, Ca...
Offline
Posted 10/31/16 , edited 10/31/16

octorockandroll wrote:

Honestly I just want a Canadian to win. It has always kind of upset me how under represented sfv competitors can be in their own country, but it's worse when its my country.

Sadly I have not watched it. I've been at comic con all weekend. Someone give me a list of all the best fights please


I was looking forward to top 8 but they were delayed by quite a bit thanks to Smash (per usual). I went to sleep around 7:30 pm PST (early, yeah, but I had to get up at 4 am PST to workout lol).

Anyway, NuckleDu took the tourney over Xiao Hai:

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/oct/28/canada-cup-2016-live-stream-ft-infiltration-armada-xiao-hai-gamerbee-ally-haitani-hungrybox-daigo-jwong-nuckledu-mew2king-phenom-and-more/

Here's a playlist of the matches in top 8:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnJYUs2wpsOLb5UQ7006bFgI1IRNZhlpz
4566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 29 days ago , edited 29 days ago

miGneto wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

Honestly I just want a Canadian to win. It has always kind of upset me how under represented sfv competitors can be in their own country, but it's worse when its my country.

Sadly I have not watched it. I've been at comic con all weekend. Someone give me a list of all the best fights please


I was looking forward to top 8 but they were delayed by quite a bit thanks to Smash (per usual). I went to sleep around 7:30 pm PST (early, yeah, but I had to get up at 4 am PST to workout lol).

Anyway, NuckleDu took the tourney over Xiao Hai:

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/oct/28/canada-cup-2016-live-stream-ft-infiltration-armada-xiao-hai-gamerbee-ally-haitani-hungrybox-daigo-jwong-nuckledu-mew2king-phenom-and-more/

Here's a playlist of the matches in top 8:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnJYUs2wpsOLb5UQ7006bFgI1IRNZhlpz


It was an ok top 8 but I'm still salty that no Canadians were in it. Oh well, at least it was fun. NuckleDu busted out a few cool tricks so I look forward to seeing what he'll do at capcom cup.

Anybody watched CPTLAF?
93794 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 28 days ago
I'm here waiting for Capcom Pro Talk to come back.
34041 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Vancouver, BC, Ca...
Offline
Posted 27 days ago
Red Bull Battlegrounds (last chance qualifier for the Capcom Cup) going on today and tomorrow

https://www.twitch.tv/capcomfighters


4566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 27 days ago

miGneto wrote:

Red Bull Battlegrounds (last chance qualifier for the Capcom Cup) going on today and tomorrow

https://www.twitch.tv/capcomfighters




Fuuuuuuuuuuck

Why do exams have to happen whenever something cool is going on?
34041 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Vancouver, BC, Ca...
Offline
Posted 27 days ago

octorockandroll wrote:

Fuuuuuuuuuuck

Why do exams have to happen whenever something cool is going on?


Just get your work done today and tune in tomorrow because that's when all the heavy hitters will be playing anyways Today is just to have maybe a couple of people qualify for the main event tomorrow. Basically, today is a tournament for a tournament which is also for another tournament

Off topic, just noticed that you and I have Goku avatars.
4566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 27 days ago

miGneto wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

Fuuuuuuuuuuck

Why do exams have to happen whenever something cool is going on?


Just get your work done today and tune in tomorrow because that's when all the heavy hitters will be playing anyways Today is just to have maybe a couple of people qualify for the main event tomorrow. Basically, today is a tournament for a tournament which is also for another tournament

Off topic, just noticed that you and I have Goku avatars.


We do indeed have Goku avatars, although I'm probably going to change mine after the american election, seeing as my posts will probably not match the disappointed look shown in the .gif. But yeah, I'm not gonna be able to watch it. Maybe the Grand Final, but I really do need to study like hell. One of the things I'm being tested on is anatomy
34041 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Vancouver, BC, Ca...
Offline
Posted 26 days ago , edited 26 days ago
34041 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Vancouver, BC, Ca...
Offline
Posted 25 days ago , edited 25 days ago
NuckleDu wins Red Bull Battlegrounds coming from the Loser's bracket versus Tokido.

Du is far and away the best player in the US and is easily top 5 worldwide right now.

Oh, and he's coming



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy93FuRk8YI
8233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / SW Ontario, Canada
Online
Posted 25 days ago


Ugh.. not a surprise given how popular he is, but Akuma is such a boring character. There's so many more interesting characters in the SF/Capcom universe they could have tapped. Hopefully the rest of season 2 or whatever they're going to call it is better.
34041 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Vancouver, BC, Ca...
Offline
Posted 25 days ago

StriderShinryu wrote:

Ugh.. not a surprise given how popular he is, but Akuma is such a boring character. There's so many more interesting characters in the SF/Capcom universe they could have tapped. Hopefully the rest of season 2 or whatever they're going to call it is better.


Understandable, but I'm quite interested to see what changes Capcom implements to his move set.

As far as other characters go, I definitely want more from Street Fighter III (e.g., Dudley, Makoto, Q, Oro, Necro) and I really, really want Sodom.
4566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 25 days ago

StriderShinryu wrote:



Ugh.. not a surprise given how popular he is, but Akuma is such a boring character. There's so many more interesting characters in the SF/Capcom universe they could have tapped. Hopefully the rest of season 2 or whatever they're going to call it is better.


A boring character? Akuma? I mean, I'm not saying that there aren't any better characters, but Akuma is easily one of, if not the, best villains in the series. I mean who can top him? Sure we have our holy quartet of Balrog, Vega, Sagat and M.Bison of course, but are they really that great as characters? I would say M. Bison is and I could see the argument being made for Sagat but the other two are just eh. There's also Gil, who has a cool story and design but is awful in terms of gameplay. Then there's Seth (the less I say about him the better) and F.A.N.G. who I don't dislike, but I'm really not sure what to make of him. Plus Akuma is one of the few characters who has a personal beef with Ryu, so I think that adds to his character personally.
8233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / SW Ontario, Canada
Online
Posted 25 days ago

octorockandroll wrote:


StriderShinryu wrote:


miGneto wrote:


Ugh.. not a surprise given how popular he is, but Akuma is such a boring character. There's so many more interesting characters in the SF/Capcom universe they could have tapped. Hopefully the rest of season 2 or whatever they're going to call it is better.

A boring character? Akuma? I mean, I'm not saying that there aren't any better characters, but Akuma is easily one of, if not the, best villains in the series. I mean who can top him? Sure we have our holy quartet of Balrog, Vega, Sagat and M.Bison of course, but are they really that great as characters? I would say M. Bison is and I could see the argument being made for Sagat but the other two are just eh. There's also Gil, who has a cool story and design but is awful in terms of gameplay. Then there's Seth (the less I say about him the better) and F.A.N.G. who I don't dislike, but I'm really not sure what to make of him. Plus Akuma is one of the few characters who has a personal beef with Ryu, so I think that adds to his character personally.



Eh, not that the Shadoloo group has had great stories but Akuma's story has basically just been "I'm strong so I kill stuff." His most interesting story developments have actually come in Tekken 7. Plus, as a character, he's just a juiced up shoto that waves the "evil guy" flag so that everyone and their dog ends up playing as him because he's "the cool one." Oh, and he's also almost always a strong character so the few people that don't play him for the "cool" factor play him for the "powerful character" factor.

Really, they wouldn't need Akuma at all if they hadn't totally wasted any potential that Necalli had as a villain (and if they didn't need the pop that Akuma gives them with the masses just like he gave Tekken 7).
4566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 25 days ago

StriderShinryu wrote:

Really, they wouldn't need Akuma at all if they hadn't totally wasted any potential that Necalli had as a villain (and if they didn't need the pop that Akuma gives them with the masses just like he gave Tekken 7).


Yeah I can see that.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.