First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply I dislike people who are vegan because its hip and cool
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 10/18/16

AlastorCrow wrote:


Sir_jamesalot wrote:


AlastorCrow wrote:
Talking about your typical asshole who'd set a dog on fire or drown a cat for personal enjoyment but I think everyone else except you got that.


I don't know how you expect anyone to get that from that.
For starters, that kind of violence is not typical.


I'd try to explain it but I'm afraid it'll probably just fly over your head again.

Your obsession with me is a little flattering as it is creepy, man. I already explained my reasoning for this last time and if you disagree with it, too bad. There's a few more billion people in the world with different opinions and you kinda just have to learn to live with that.

For a pseudo-intellectual armchair philosopher, you're really not that bright.


In other words you can't explain your ideas in ways that make sense and resort to generic insults?
1060 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 10/18/16
Vegan is very unhealthy, vegetarian is when you just don't eat meat but not eating anything that comes from animals? My mom did that in her youth and she eventually had to stop because she look malnourished.
555 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 10/18/16 , edited 10/18/16

Sir_jamesalot

In other words you can't explain your ideas in ways that make sense and resort to generic insults?




Already tried once. Other people even tried to explain it to you but you simply failed to grasp it. I mean every word I say, unless it's clear sarcasm. Believe what you want, it doesn't matter to me. Let me take the gloves off for a second and be extremely blunt with you: People like you simply talk, ones like me are more about actions. Between this reply and my last comment, I just sent in my scheduled monthly donations to charities I support. Within this past weekend, I managed to keep two people from dying. I also lead an online group for people who need help dealing with lack of motivation and emotional issues. Since you're so keen on stalking and criticizing me, I want to ask you: what have you done lately to benefit those around you? "Build" useless shit that no one wants or needs? Nothing.

Do you find validation by trying to put down other people because you can't find purpose in your own?

Unless you have anything important to say, this is my last reply to you. I grow tired of whining children who bitch and moan but are too lazy to do anything worthwhile to better themselves. You're a worthless person therefore your opinions are equally worthless.

Disclaimer: only valid if you're an adult. If you're still in highschool or just started college, then you're just a dumb kid with room for growth. But if you are a working adult and this is all you can muster, well.. shit, sucks to be you.
3415 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 10/18/16

Sogno- wrote: im not a fan of picky eaters
this, at least not those who just avoid it even if its the only thing you got.

Kadall wrote:
Veganism is gaining popularity because the internet makes the information so easily available, whether you want to research the consequences of eating meat (animal ethics, environmental damage or health) mixed with the sheer amount of choice people now have for meat or dairy free substitutes. I reckon the % of people who are doing it to be 'hip or cool' is very low, either way they are not contributing money to a terrible industry so it's a win?
haha... you make me laugh, the internet is sooo good at giving wrong or right info.
From what I get from vegans mostly is ill information they try to "teach" the youth or not teaching them the right way to do things.
As the process its not that simple, and you most likely have to find substitudes that you can't really get enough from the things around you.
"terrible industry"... depends who you are getting that from, and how its done.
Sure in places like China etc, the amount and request is so big.
That ethic's and morals is thrown out the window to support the masses.

Kadall 
12044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / England
Offline
Posted 10/18/16

SurgicalStriker wrote:

The "ethical vegans" who do it because they don't want to harm animals are ignorant of the truth. unless they ensure all their food is hand picked, they are killing a lot of animals. Farms are home to hundreds of small animals per acre generally (rabbits, mice, toads, etc), and the machinery used to harvest often grinds them up, or crushes them. Plus when you eat that food, the animals that depended on it for their own food source now have less and either have to travel to find more or die from starvation. When the crops are torn up before planting new, their homes are gone (leaving them vulnerable to predators).

While i can agree much of the industry for meat is cruel, most any food-production on a large scale ends up being cruel. The real solution is STOP HAVING KIDS. Let the population of the world dwindle a lot, we can lose probably over half the population and still be able to run things perfectly fine due to all the automation we have. Less people=less needs, so plenty of companies will close up shop or be integrated into other surviving companies, producing the reduced amount of goods required to supply a world with much lower population. Tell those 'ethical' people "everything your children eat, and their children, and their children-that's all on you for starting the chain!"

But good luck convincing people to stop popping out kids
How are they ignorant of the truth? The truth is by not eating meat you're greatly reducing the amount of damage done, just think, all this collateral damage you're putting down on harvesting is increased tenfold when you have to add in all the crops we grow just to feed the animals we eat. By abstaining from meat you don't just get rid of the animal in questions suffering but also all the crops it ate over its lifetime. So please tell me how being an ethical vegan is ignorant? I do agree on the stop having kids part though.

5926 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / montana
Offline
Posted 10/18/16
some people don't like animal cruelty..

I always find it curious that other people would criticize them. for many it must be issues with guilt they are unable to suppress their own animal instinct to consume. otherwise why get so butthurt over it
Banned
1524 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 10/18/16 , edited 10/18/16
Usually vegans are more likely to be low on iron unless they want to eat much stuff just to get it up that is non meat. But basically lentil is proteins and iron in it. I usually just keep that up til i get drowsy and then if its critical i sorta go for meat. And its more or less to sorta feel more grateful for life. It works the effect on my brain i think

I always find it curious that other people would criticize them. for many it must be issues with guilt they are unable to suppress their own animal instinct to consume. otherwise why get so butthurt over it


People are people. Its why its fun ^w^
555 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 10/18/16

trollbutter wrote:

some people don't like animal cruelty..

I always find it curious that other people would criticize them. for many it must be issues with guilt they are unable to suppress their own animal instinct to consume. otherwise why get so butthurt over it


The only ones that really annoy me are people who think you have no business contributing to charities or causes to end cruelty to animals because you're not vegan.
Humms 
10537 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 10/18/16
One does not simply vegan.

30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 10/18/16

AlastorCrow wrote:


Sir_jamesalot

In other words you can't explain your ideas in ways that make sense and resort to generic insults?




Already tried once. Other people even tried to explain it to you but you simply failed to grasp it. I mean every word I say, unless it's clear sarcasm. Believe what you want, it doesn't matter to me. Let me take the gloves off for a second and be extremely blunt with you: People like you simply talk, ones like me are more about actions. Between this reply and my last comment, I just sent in my scheduled monthly donations to charities I support. Within this past weekend, I managed to keep two people from dying. I also lead an online group for people who need help dealing with lack of motivation and emotional issues. Since you're so keen on stalking and criticizing me, I want to ask you: what have you done lately to benefit those around you? "Build" useless shit that no one wants or needs? Nothing.

Do you find validation by trying to put down other people because you can't find purpose in your own?

Unless you have anything important to say, this is my last reply to you. I grow tired of whining children who bitch and moan but are too lazy to do anything worthwhile to better themselves. You're a worthless person therefore your opinions are equally worthless.

Disclaimer: only valid if you're an adult. If you're still in highschool or just started college, then you're just a dumb kid with room for growth. But if you are a working adult and this is all you can muster, well.. shit, sucks to be you.



AlastorCrow wrote:
Keep an open mind and just be respectful.


1986 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Your Body
Offline
Posted 10/18/16
38948 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Your friendly nei...
Offline
Posted 10/19/16
Oh man I have the perfect image for this... but...


Ok ok, here it is....
555 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 10/19/16 , edited 10/19/16

thekevin4-snip


To be fair, that's a stereotype of very misguided person who happens to also be vegan. Not saying these people don't exist. Just that there are people who are vegan because of religion or their personal views on slaughtering animals for meat but don't necessarily believe in all those other things.

As for detox, colonics, and hollistic medicine...
Banned
1524 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 10/19/16

thekevin4 wrote:

Oh man I have the perfect image for this... but...


Ok ok, here it is....


I like mah woman buttered ^^
Posted 10/19/16

What's wrong with people who don't want to ask other people to hurt animals for them?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.