Post Reply Berserk 2017, Possible new art style?
995 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Miami/Hawaii
Offline
Posted 10/18/16
So, do you think there's any possible chance Berserk would go back to being a 2D animation? I'd say if the anime was rendered the way the animations in the OP were it'd look incredible! I still enjoyed it 'cause it's Berserk, but the CGI was nothing less than lackluster, clunky, and bland.

Anyhow, does anyone know about any news about them possibly changing the art style for the next season?
263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 10/18/16 , edited 10/18/16
I can't believe studios even use CGI .. It just reminds me of the days when I used to watch Zoid Chaotic Century before I went off to school ... literally the CGI quality is still the same as way back then :/ BTW I'm 27 so that was a LONG time ago! Berserk CGI quality is no different to the CGI used in Zoids heck even Beast Wars had similar CGI :/
995 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Miami/Hawaii
Offline
Posted 10/18/16

EmperorGanishka wrote:

I can't believe studios even use CGI .. It just reminds me of the days when I used to watch Zoid Chaotic Century before I went off to school ... literally the CGI quality is still the same as way back then :/ BTW I'm 27 so that was a LONG time ago! Berserk CGI quality is no different to the CGI used in Zoids heck even Beast Wars had similar CGI :/


Yeah! It's a slap in the face that they did this to fanatics. I mean, the wait was insanely long. (Especially for those who have been on par since the beginning!) Also, it's one of the best drawn manga, for it to be rendered so poorly just isn't right, it's Berserk! Anyhow, I hope there's some change in the future, at least more effort. If you pause and look closely on some of the scenes, some of the "possessed" cultists in the mob are literally copy pasted about four times.
263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 10/18/16

salamisama wrote:


EmperorGanishka wrote:

I can't believe studios even use CGI .. It just reminds me of the days when I used to watch Zoid Chaotic Century before I went off to school ... literally the CGI quality is still the same as way back then :/ BTW I'm 27 so that was a LONG time ago! Berserk CGI quality is no different to the CGI used in Zoids heck even Beast Wars had similar CGI :/


Yeah! It's a slap in the face that they did this to fanatics. I mean, the wait was insanely long. (Especially for those who have been on par since the beginning!) Also, it's one of the best drawn manga, for it to be rendered so poorly just isn't right, it's Berserk! Anyhow, I hope there's some change in the future, at least more effort. If you pause and look closely on some of the scenes, some of the "possessed" cultists in the mob are literally copy pasted about four times.


The odd times the characters are actually drawn in and they are drawn so well it's like... err why CGI bruuh!? I was hype for Ajin but then when I saw CGI it really put me off :/
VeggyZ 
2624 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / North Dakota
Offline
Posted 10/18/16 , edited 10/18/16
Agreed, CGI is garbage. It "can" be nice, but the amount of love and attention it needs to be that way doesn't really justify using it. Animation has always been nice, and modern animation is something I'm a huge fan of.

CGI... just has so little impact, it definitely LOOKS computer generated.

Honestly, even good CGI is a bit lackluster... and most of it isn't "good CGI" anyway, no matter what production you're talking about. I would have been more satisfied with the original drawing style / animation style. Much less "copy / paste"
Koda89 
33626 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Oklahoma City, OK
Offline
Posted 10/18/16
If they keep the same studios....nope it will remain CGI with 2D thrown in here and there.

There are two main studios involved with the animation in Berserk 2016, one that is more geared towards CG animation and the other is a 2D animation studio, but all of their non-Berserk works have been shorts with episodes no longer than 4 minutes(it's the studio that took over doing the Teekyuu franchise after MAPPA and has done all of its spin offs).

Even if they ditch the CG studio and kept the 2D studio I can assure you the show would eventually look like ass, because this studio has never done a full length anime yet(even in Berserk they only ended up doing bits and pieces), so I don't think they could handle the workload a full length 2D show requires.

You want a fully 2D animated Berserk that means getting new studios, which means the production committee needs to open up their wallet and spend a little. But it is clear they are doing this on the cheap so unfortunately either stick to the manga or accept that Berserk will probably never have the visual fidelity in anime form it requires(which honestly has a lot to do with the insane detailing of the manga, not even the best studios can fully recreate that detailing and keep it going for even 12 episodes).
223 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/18/16 , edited 10/18/16
It's does not matter because they don't have enough skilled people and time to get even close to the manga art Quality and I'm not even talking about the new chapters. This anime has been a cash grab for the get go and a fuck you to manga readers. I find it amazing how people give this Anime a pass for its Quality but will rip other anime.
81889 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 10/18/16 , edited 10/18/16
Yeah I'd say there's absolutely no chance they're going to drop the CG lol.

Here and there in the anime there were some quick snippets of 2D to rub salt in the wounds actually.



Also there are very different levels of CG quality, compare the studio that did Sidonia/Ajin to the studio doing Berserk to the studio doing BBK/BRNK for instance.
Koda89 
33626 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Oklahoma City, OK
Offline
Posted 10/18/16

Demimaelstrom wrote:

Yeah I'd say there's absolutely no chance they're going to drop the CG lol.

Here and there in the anime there were some quick snippets of 2D to rub salt in the wounds actually.



Also there are very different levels of CG quality, compare the studio that did Sidonia/Ajin to the studio doing Berserk to the studio doing BBK/BRNK for instance.


Sanzigen, the studio doing BBK/BRNK(and who also did Arpeggio of Blue Steel), are the best studio when it comes to doing an entire work out of CGI, at least when it comes to TV anime.
You must be logged in to post.