First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
Post Reply Atheism debunked.
Posted 10/18/16

NyxUlric wrote:

I will waste my breath lecturing you because you are young... if you were mid 20s or older I wouldn't even waste my time, because by that stage, the brainwashing is complete.

Firstly, the only way to debunk atheism is to prove that any deity exists, which none of you religious nutcases can because it simply doesn't exist. Saying the bible is evidence for god is like saying Harry Potter books are evidence of wizards and witches, in other words it's a completely stupid argument and people who came up with such an argument should be ashamed of their incredibly low intellect.

Secondly, if you really want to dig further back, we not only came from the same things as monkeys, we actually came from bacteria or cyanobacteria. So why do bacteria still exist today? Because they don't have a need to evolve into mammals or complex things. Organisms evolve based on their environment, bats evolve night vision because they hunt in the night, dolphins evolve ultrasound to communicate underwater. We evolve intelligence, but apparently religious people have the intelligence of monkeys, it's why you can come up with such stupid arguments in the first place.


Also, why would you want to believe a deity exists? and not communicate with its creation? It's very stupid. Why would it communicate via a burning bush, and not communicate with us now that we have technology to verify its existence? Seems utterly dumb.

Why did it choose to communicate with stupid people who didn't know anything about science or mathematics? Sounds to me like those uneducated people made up these ridiculous stories because they had schizophrenia or some sort of mental illness that think bushes talked.

Furthermore, how can people have freewill if a deity can see the future? It means the future is already determined and there's no way we can change it. And if it can't see the future, then its power is limited and not perfect. See the list of contradictions? Also why can it heal cancerous people but not amputees? Lol?

Atheism is the logical choice, we are born atheists. It's people and society that brainwash you into believing an imaginary friend exists.


What you say may be true, nobody actually knows until they kick the bucket. I don't think it's nice to call 6-7billion people who believe in a god 'nutcases' though. That's how people literally lose their heads in some places.
Posted 10/18/16
Big assumption that we have technology to verify its existence.

Time is a component of spacetime - the present is an eternal now as interpreted by our consciousness - ergo, there is no time-component to consciousness. The fact that one is ostensibly tethered to a certain bag of spacetime does not refute the fact that the consciousness does not experience the passage of time, everything is always right now.

So when one asks what it'd be like to be a photon, traveling the speed of light where time stops.... think again, you are already there where time stops - its just that you're not the hadrons you're tethered to.

There's more than just what your eyes see, they only see a very narrow range of frequencies. But that itself is also not a proof for God.
1068 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Sumwhere
Offline
Posted 10/18/16 , edited 10/18/16
Can't you guys ever have a proper discussion without insulting the other group?. Give your point and don't insult others just because they don't believe what you believe in, is that really a hard thing to do?, come on guys.
Posted 10/18/16

Xxanthar wrote:
What you say may be true, nobody actually knows until they kick the bucket. I don't think it's nice to call 6-7billion people who believe in a god 'nutcases' though. That's how people literally lose their heads in some places.


If they don't want to be called nutcases, then they should stop believing in fairy tales and wake up to reality.
That's also another stupid argument, "you can't know until you die".

This what makes religious people nutcases, because some old uneducated men made the argument, "you can't know until you die", they start worshiping some imaginary friend. I'm sorry but that is incredibly stupid to me. So if someone said you have to eat poop otherwise you'll go to hell, are you going to believe that too? lmao... what a joke.
426 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22
Offline
Posted 10/18/16 , edited 10/18/16


There's almost a sense of irony here given this post and your status below it.
Posted 10/18/16

NyxUlric wrote:


Xxanthar wrote:
What you say may be true, nobody actually knows until they kick the bucket. I don't think it's nice to call 6-7billion people who believe in a god 'nutcases' though. That's how people literally lose their heads in some places.


If they don't want to be called nutcases, then they should stop believing in fairy tales and wake up to reality.
That's also another stupid argument, "you can't know until you die".

This what makes religious people nutcases, because some old uneducated men made the argument, "you can't know until you die", they start worshiping some imaginary friend. I'm sorry but that is incredibly stupid to me. So if someone said you have to eat poop otherwise you'll go to hell, are you going to believe that too? lmao... what a joke.


You are being just as fanatical with your 'no god' religion as people with their 'god' based religions.

Religion requires no proof only faith.
Posted 10/18/16

Xxanthar wrote:
You are being just as fanatical with your 'no god' religion as people with their 'god' based religions.

Religion requires no proof only faith.


Religion requires low IQ and schizophrenia.
If you go around telling people you've talked to a burning bush, are they going to think you're sane?
2518 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M
Offline
Posted 10/18/16 , edited 10/18/16

salamisama wrote:

In the past few months I have spent my time questioning the rationality on behalf of the theory of evolution, and i'm completely confident I have come with a claim that will lay things to rest.

Now, how could humans have evolved from monkeys if monkeys still exist today?


Well everyone, revel in the knowledge you have been bestowed.


OMG!!! How is it that nobody else in all of history has thought of something so genius? Ahh to be young and at that stage where you believe you have found enlightenment. Let us all pray he doesn't discover Ayn Rand next. Unless this is meant as sarcasm then I applaud you. You cannot debunk Athiesm nor can you debunk the belief in a God. It's impossible. How are lizards still here today? How are crocodiles still here today? Evolution takes it's time and doesn't always involve going from point A to B. Think outside of the box. Something like this A (plus x,y, and z) + B (plus l, m and n) = C, D, or E (with all the variations included). You forget things such as interbreeding. Cro magnon man coupled with the Neanderthals which created many of mutations in our gene pool. Monkeys mixed with other primates = different primates. Quit assuming we evolved from the local monkey at your zoo.

I vastly prefer being an agnostic to an atheist. I have not closed my mind to any possibility including a higher power. I just don't pretend to know what it is. As far as evolution is concerned, it can and has been proven but we may not be spot on with all the facts. Our DNA is constantly mutating. Ever smoked pot or done other drugs? You just changed your DNA, permanently. Many things cause our DNA to change. I highly doubt we evolved from a monkey that's alive today. We evolved from primates of some type but there's probably been countless primates including some we don't know about. It was once thought that cro magnon man and the Neanderthal didn't mix but we've found that's not true. Who knows what twists of fate went into creating us? It's way too limited in thinking to say evolution doesn't exist because monkey's are still around. It's not even a half way good argument.
1521 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 10/18/16 , edited 10/20/16

salamisama wrote:

In the past few months I have spent my time questioning the rationality on behalf of the theory of evolution, and i'm completely confident I have come with a claim that will lay things to rest.

Now, how could humans have evolved from monkeys if monkeys still exist today?


Well everyone, revel in the knowledge you have been bestowed.


Dinosaurs also had saddles on their backs too!
Posted 10/18/16

NyxUlric wrote:


Xxanthar wrote:
You are being just as fanatical with your 'no god' religion as people with their 'god' based religions.

Religion requires no proof only faith.


Religion requires low IQ and schizophrenia.
If you go around telling people you've talked to a burning bush, are they going to think you're sane?


have you at least figured out that you're not the flesh you currently occupy, yet?
25589 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Northern Ireland
Offline
Posted 10/18/16 , edited 10/19/16

lorreen wrote:This is the best theological pondering I've encountered in a while.


I ask the big questions.
21827 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 10/18/16
my black friend from highschool shared this on fb lol
7158 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / New York
Offline
Posted 10/18/16
Holy shit the troll topic took off. Fuck
39169 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/18/16

redokami wrote:

my black friend from highschool shared this on fb lol



Check this lecture out. I found it very interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz4mTVIMc1g
Ejanss 
16831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 10/18/16 , edited 10/18/16

redokami wrote:


Actually, modern theory suggests the Cro-Magnons didn't go on some organized genocidal slaughter of the surviving Neanderthals, as we all white-guilt thought for years, but simply that...hey, when there weren't that many other humanoids around, you weren't that picky.
The Neanderthals may not have been "killed off", but just disappeared from generations of Jungle Fever.


NyxUlric wrote:


Xxanthar wrote:
What you say may be true, nobody actually knows until they kick the bucket. I don't think it's nice to call 6-7billion people who believe in a god 'nutcases' though. That's how people literally lose their heads in some places.


If they don't want to be called nutcases, then they should stop believing in fairy tales and wake up to reality.
That's also another stupid argument, "you can't know until you die".


Well, y'see, that's because we keep running out of ways to say that "Logic dictates that nothing can be un-proven, so if you can't, you shut up and leave it alone", and have to find simpler and simpler ways of expressing the scientific concept of an open conclusion.
At least without digging out the Crayola crayons, and slapping the wishful thinker out of trying draw the world with his own.

Stupid, yes, but, y'know....you can't.
Sort of like asking "At what point do you black out when falling off a cliff?"--The only empirical scientific way to prove it one way or the other would be for one of the experimenters to jump, and then it's often difficult to report the data.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.