First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Post Reply Isnt following Abrahamic God kinda like admiring psychopathic brothers or family?
Banned
1527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 10/18/16

HolyDrumstick wrote:


Deyre wrote:
Did you know Psalm 2 is about the future messiah. You should read that. Lets be real its just putting butter on it, its basically a more softy God of punishment, its still the same taste.


Which is exactly the kind of crap people say when they are parroting someone else's opinion.


Please enlighten me what i am mistaken here. You said Jesus was sort of a hippie guy. I say he was a buttery guy who buttered up judgement with love as the key. But basically he's also not fond of people who dont aknowledge him, so its not really that much different. If i was in middle ages and i was a catholic or orthodox i would literally have no choice. Every knee shall bow is not a metaphor you know.
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/18/16

Deyre wrote:Did you know Psalm 2 is about the future messiah. You should read that. Lets be real its just putting butter on it, its basically a more softy God of punishment, its still the same taste.


Oh, and by the way. Psalms 2 is actually talking about Israel. More specifically King David and his enemies.

See, when I read it, I figured "Yeah, that's talking about Israel and it's enemies," but I actually did research to verify my assumption.


So..... basically..... um... yeah, no.
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/18/16

Deyre wrote:
Please enlighten me what i am mistaken here. You said Jesus was sort of a hippie guy. I say he was a buttery guy who buttered up judgement with love as the key. But basically he's also not fond of people who dont aknowledge him, so its not really that much different. If i was in middle ages and i was a catholic or orthodox i would literally have no choice. Every knee shall bow is not a metaphor you know.


It's not about punishment.

If it were about punishment, every single person would go to hell.


There's a lot of misunderstandings about the bible. One is that hell is universally eternal. But, in actuality, the bible only speaks of eternal damnation in a few specific situations, such as for false prophets (those who know the truth, but deliberately teach something else). Otherwise, scripture says people will be cast into the lake of fire and "consumed." Meaning gone. No more suffering. Nothing. emptiness.

So, the universal "eternal" hell thing was a ploy by the church to convince more people to convert. One that's still rolling to this day.

So, Jesus is like, "Believe in me, love God, love your neighbors, and you're good." You get to go to Heaven. Otherwise, you burn up in a lake of fire and cease to exist.

Personally, that's a pretty sweet deal, if you ask me. Fuck, that's like someone saying, "Hey, if you call me on my cell phone, I give you a million dollars. If you don't, you don't get any money." Then you bitching because you have to call them.

Banned
1527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 10/18/16 , edited 10/18/16

Oh, and by the way. Psalms 2 is actually talking about Israel. More specifically King David and his enemies.



In the general sense, Psalm 2 is interpreted as referring to King David, God's anointed, defeating the enemies of Israel who gather against her. In addition, Psalm 2 is often considered to be messianic, referring to the Messianic Era when the kingdoms of the world gather against Israel and are defeated, and Jerusalem becomes a house of prayer for the nations. In this vein, the "messiah" of Psalm 2 is interpreted not as David but as the future Messiah, who will restore Israel to its former glory and bring world peace.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psalm_2#Text_and_background

7 I will tell of the decree: the LORD said unto me: 'Thou art My son, this day have I begotten thee

Acts 13:33 he has fulfilled for us, their children, by raising up Jesus. As it is written in the second Psalm: "'You are my son; today I have become your father.'

Hebrews 5:5
In the same way, Christ did not take on himself the glory of becoming a high priest. But God said to him, "You are my Son; today I have become your Father."


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=garuRIyrS4w
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/18/16 , edited 10/18/16

Deyre wrote:

Acts 13:33 he has fulfilled for us, their children, by raising up Jesus. As it is written in the second Psalm: "'You are my son; today I have become your father.'


Acts 13:33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

KJV - Which can be interpreted differently.

Second Psalms spoke in past tense, meaning it had already been decreed to someone, that someone being King David. This is speaking of Jesus saying "Yeah, like it was back then, it is the same now." Not that Second Psalms spoke of Jesus. Because that would be impossible, considering it was way before Jesus was born.

Sigh.
24271 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 10/18/16

Deyre wrote:


HolyDrumstick wrote:

Deyre - All I can really say is that what you suggest is taken out of context, for one.

In addition, New Testament.

And also, Christianity doesn't create bigots, bigots use Christianity to justify bigotry. However, if one actually follows the teachings of Jesus, such bigotry is unacceptable.



Jesus is basically this nice guy who invites children for cake, but if they dissobey him he will flog them. Its more of a cynical love to describe it. Its basically the same only with a different tone in it.


So you hate religion then?


Not so much. But i dont think using much time on it would be the best way to get stuff done.


Okay. I didn't seem that way.
Humms 
10576 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CAN, ON
Online
Posted 10/18/16
Banned
1527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 10/18/16 , edited 10/18/16
Anderson is a pretty much summed up character in my view honestly. Which reminds me i need to watch Hellsing again. Divine instruments on earth sounds very Christian like if it was following Jesus words called "Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-okHc4NNzo
2044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / Your Body
Offline
Posted 10/18/16
"Go play in the garden my children. But the one thing you can never, ever do is eat fruit from the best tree in the middle of the garden or you will live lives of suffering and sin until you die." Do you think he lol'd as he sent them out to play?

Some time later...

Noah: "Holy shit, dad, you actually drowned everyone!?"
God: "Shhh... shhh... oh look! A sparkly rainbow to make it all better."

More time passes...

*Abraham about to kill his son Isaac, tears in his eyes*
*Angel swoops in*
Angel: "Oh, it's okay, dad was just fucking with you, Abraham. Lol, did you think he was serious?"

A bit more time...

God: "Egypt is still sort of pissing me off, even after the nine previous plagues. I guess I'll kill their oldest sons. Not the oldest daughters though; I don't give a shit about them."


I don't know what you mean, Deyre. He seems like a nice guy to me
Banned
1527 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 10/19/16
He was also screwing around with Pharaoh's hearth sometimes aswell.Basically making him harden his hearth to not let the israelites go. God is bored sometimes i guess
6073 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/19/16

Deyre wrote:

I mean... you basically are letting yourself be abused by threats if you dont follow a rulebook of what he claims to be authority over. I am just saying its sort of the mind of a psychopath.


Your straw man arguments are on point today hmmm? Go ahead give em hell lol.
Posted 10/19/16

Deyre I'm getting this impression that you've been in isolation and just stepped out into the real world asking nonsensical questions. Either that or you are seeking attention to a degree. I think anyone else would be worried that a 25-year-old believes that anything he reads online rings true. You're like a SJW without a real stance on anything it's way too fucking vague.

You want to take a "story" and hold it to the same standards we now live in today you're truly living in a fantasy world. Everything you view that is morally right now, has nothing to do with what happened in the past. It's a different world. You want to act like a believer but why would you give a God traits of a human to begin with? Isn't faith having faith in a God to do the right thing? Isn't the whole point to hold something of value over yourself?

No idea why I'm saying anything.
48498 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / ar away
Offline
Posted 10/19/16 , edited 10/19/16

HolyDrumstick wrote:
So, the universal "eternal" hell thing was a ploy by the church to convince more people to convert. One that's still rolling to this day.

So, Jesus is like, "Believe in me, love God, love your neighbors, and you're good." You get to go to Heaven. Otherwise, you burn up in a lake of fire and cease to exist.

Personally, that's a pretty sweet deal, if you ask me. Fuck, that's like someone saying, "Hey, if you call me on my cell phone, I give you a million dollars. If you don't, you don't get any money." Then you bitching because you have to call them.

Personally, I still don't see how this differs from the errancy of Pascal's Wager. Atheists would love to think that there really is a glorious afterlife, we'd take the deal no questions asked. But for us atheists it's kind of like being real confident in calling a bluff that only seems a little fishy. We call the bluff for the sake of taking pride in calling the bluff. From our perspective you won't get a million dollars if the phone guy is lying so it's almost as if seeing through the lie is priceless (compared to just a million bucks), plus we saved ourselves from making the stupid call and feeling stupid at the same time. And then there are those atheists who find the idea of hanging out with their in-laws for an eternity a far worse hell than any Lake of Fire ever imagined or depicted. And certainly worse than empty non-existence.

Posted 10/19/16
The entire abrahamic root is devoid of real spirituality and teaches nothing of spiritual matters outside of prayer/communication with the collective thoughtform known as an egregore. Or "the one and only God" as is taught by the abrahamic root. The entire story of Jesus was stolen and manufactured and augmented by the people who came to control the church. The biggest lie in it is that normal people cannot attain what Jesus attained - even though "Jesus himself" actually said that we were all like him. This is why the lie came about about the virgin birth, because that logically separates all the followers from the "real" leader that has god given powers unattainable by mere mortals.

/Cue circular arguments from believers in the abrahamic root that can only reference scripture to defend the position

(and dont bother trying to say I havent done my studies here)
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/19/16

JustineKo2 wrote:


HolyDrumstick wrote:
So, the universal "eternal" hell thing was a ploy by the church to convince more people to convert. One that's still rolling to this day.

So, Jesus is like, "Believe in me, love God, love your neighbors, and you're good." You get to go to Heaven. Otherwise, you burn up in a lake of fire and cease to exist.

Personally, that's a pretty sweet deal, if you ask me. Fuck, that's like someone saying, "Hey, if you call me on my cell phone, I give you a million dollars. If you don't, you don't get any money." Then you bitching because you have to call them.

Personally, I still don't see how this differs from the errancy of Pascal's Wager. Atheists would love to think that there really is a glorious afterlife, we'd take the deal no questions asked. But for us atheists it's kind of like being real confident in calling a bluff that only seems a little fishy. We call the bluff for the sake of taking pride in calling the bluff. From our perspective you won't get a million dollars if the phone guy is lying so it's almost as if seeing through the lie is priceless (compared to just a million bucks), plus we saved ourselves from making the stupid call and feeling stupid at the same time. And then there are those atheists who find the idea of hanging out with their in-laws for an eternity a far worse hell than any Lake of Fire ever imagined or depicted. And certainly worse than empty non-existence.



I was an atheist from 6 years old to 27 years old.

The fact of the matter is that it takes just as much faith to believe there is no godlike entity as it does to believe there is one. Now, if we're talking about specific religions, such as Christianity, then yeah, you can find a lot of scientific argument that a lot of what it in the bible is not true.

However, I was arguing against his point, not some silly pride based argument for denying God.

And, you can use scientific argument all you want, but as I told someone else: It would be far easier to prove God exists with science than it would be to disprove his existence with the same science. Why?

Because there is no real evidence that a God does not exist or that he does. Based on what we know, it's all based on faith. So, for shits and grins, let's say the chance of him existing and not existing are equal. Now, you would have to completely understand all of existence, without any blind spot, everything, to prove God does not exist. Until then, it is always a possibility. Whereas, to prove God exists, you only need to know just enough.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.