First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Post Reply Isnt following Abrahamic God kinda like admiring psychopathic brothers or family?
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/19/16

RaisedInACult wrote:

The entire abrahamic root is devoid of real spirituality and teaches nothing of spiritual matters outside of prayer/communication with the collective thoughtform known as an egregore. Or "the one and only God" as is taught by the abrahamic root. The entire story of Jesus was stolen and manufactured and augmented by the people who came to control the church. The biggest lie in it is that normal people cannot attain what Jesus attained - even though "Jesus himself" actually said that we were all like him. This is why the lie came about about the virgin birth, because that logically separates all the followers from the "real" leader that has god given powers unattainable by mere mortals.

/Cue circular arguments from believers in the abrahamic root that can only reference scripture to defend the position

(and dont bother trying to say I havent done my studies here)


I have heard these things. The entire reason the Catholic Church (original official Christian church) was created was to create a single religion that most people in the Roman Empire could jump on board with. I even think its creators didn't believe it. And, they're the ones that pieced together the bible.

As far as Jesus and whether we are like him... in a way, you are right. I mean, I personally believe that Jesus was the son of God. I believe he was born to a virgin, lived a life free of sin, was crucified for our sins, and was resurrected after three days. However, the truth is that we are all capable of demonstrating the power Jesus possessed. We can cast out demons, heal the sick, and even walk on water. Why do we not? Because we have a hard time believing those things with true faith, even when we say we do. We have trouble living like Jesus.

My church recently preached on this. The fact that we say we believe in these miracles, that we as Christians should be performing them, demonstrating the power, rather than telling everyone about it.

Anywho. Either way, I choose to simply follow Jesus and hope for the best, because I understand that things are so far beyond my understanding.
1058 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / many homes differ...
Offline
Posted 10/19/16
Nautik 
20022 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/19/16
Abrahamic God... that pretty much says... Hey, let me dip a line in and troll here. Belief is based on circumstance. The choice to believe in the circumstance being random, or not, is totally your choice. Regardless of how you believe, you can pick from as many genres from either side as you like, but it all comes down to circumstance. Now you have the power to make your own choice... What do you plan to do with it?
5423 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / A piece of land i...
Offline
Posted 10/19/16

drozy wrote:


Deyre I'm getting this impression that you've been in isolation and just stepped out into the real world asking nonsensical questions. Either that or you are seeking attention to a degree. I think anyone else would be worried that a 25-year-old believes that anything he reads online rings true. You're like a SJW without a real stance on anything it's way too fucking vague.

You want to take a "story" and hold it to the same standards we now live in today you're truly living in a fantasy world. Everything you view that is morally right now, has nothing to do with what happened in the past. It's a different world. You want to act like a believer but why would you give a God traits of a human to begin with? Isn't faith having faith in a God to do the right thing? Isn't the whole point to hold something of value over yourself?

No idea why I'm saying anything.


True true, I think you've hit the nail. He isn't replying to anyone who calls him out lol
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 10/19/16


I know right, the troll threads are real.
Banned
1524 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 10/19/16
But then again you could say fighting for a strict father's kingdom would basically be heaven, while people who wander they're own way is basically in that kingdom.. So i guess i was a tad aggressive here.
Posted 10/19/16

HolyDrumstick wrote:


I have heard these things. The entire reason the Catholic Church (original official Christian church) was created was to create a single religion that most people in the Roman Empire could jump on board with. I even think its creators didn't believe it. And, they're the ones that pieced together the bible.

As far as Jesus and whether we are like him... in a way, you are right. I mean, I personally believe that Jesus was the son of God. I believe he was born to a virgin, lived a life free of sin, was crucified for our sins, and was resurrected after three days. However, the truth is that we are all capable of demonstrating the power Jesus possessed. We can cast out demons, heal the sick, and even walk on water. Why do we not? Because we have a hard time believing those things with true faith, even when we say we do. We have trouble living like Jesus.

My church recently preached on this. The fact that we say we believe in these miracles, that we as Christians should be performing them, demonstrating the power, rather than telling everyone about it.

Anywho. Either way, I choose to simply follow Jesus and hope for the best, because I understand that things are so far beyond my understanding.


Truetrue, it was done partially to mitigate the collapse of rome, the sheer amount of gold in the vatican can attest to that...

I personally believe Jesus was a spiritually accomplished person and people saw some shit that blew their minds, and then 20-80 years later they wrote and rewrote until eventually the council of nicea put a lid on any real spirituality to christianity.

A lot of the points are plagiarized from the eastern internal alchemy process, but breaking it up in key points, i.e. separating the 30-40 day meditation culminating in the heart stopping for 3 days.

The entire story was fashioned for a purpose, and when my bullshit meter alarms off that loudly...but I'm sure most people wont put the 2+2 together of 'going to the light, going to god when you die' is actually abandoning the collapsing energetic potentials of the body and becomes ostensible food for....what's the nature of that grimiore, again? You just got spit back out the wheel, opening a new set of eyes before ever realizing it.

The abrahamic root turns spirituality on its head, but I'm sure the true believers will just say I'm blaspheming their religion....hey, hillary acts the same way when you call out her misdeeds, right...
3910 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Pandemonium
Offline
Posted 10/19/16
Yes it is.
But I'd say it's more like stocholm syndrome.
8351 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/19/16
Your question implies that not following the rule book results in negative against you, I suppose hell ultimately and bad consequences in this life? (Your question is kind of vague to me). The thing is that to not follow those "rules" is to follow ones own rules which are faulty and not the basis of a proper morality. Christ showed us what it means to live the perfect life and it doesn't mean expecting blessing, it means expecting persecution.
8351 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/19/16

RaisedInACult wrote:

The entire abrahamic root is devoid of real spirituality and teaches nothing of spiritual matters outside of prayer/communication with the collective thoughtform known as an egregore. Or "the one and only God" as is taught by the abrahamic root. The entire story of Jesus was stolen and manufactured and augmented by the people who came to control the church. The biggest lie in it is that normal people cannot attain what Jesus attained - even though "Jesus himself" actually said that we were all like him. This is why the lie came about about the virgin birth, because that logically separates all the followers from the "real" leader that has god given powers unattainable by mere mortals.

/Cue circular arguments from believers in the abrahamic root that can only reference scripture to defend the position

(and dont bother trying to say I havent done my studies here)


If Christianity is devoid of 'real spirituality' I think you need to share with us what 'real spirituality' is. The Christian spiritual tradition doesn't lack insights to human nature and Christ.

Now the church (which you seem to condemn) doesn't view Christ as totally separated from us. If Christ is a separate entity from the rest of humanity salvation for us has not been accomplished because he didn't restore our nature in himself but he restored a different type of humanity's nature in himself. It is the orthodox (Eastern Orthodox and Western Catholic/Protestant) position that Christ took on all that we were in order to save our fallen humanity. If Christ did not take on fallen humanity we are not saved. If Christ did not take on a genuine human will and experience this world as a man then we are not saved. Christianity claims both of these things.

If you have studied Christian theology I would like to know the sources of theology you have read which gave you such an impression.
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/19/16 , edited 10/19/16

RaisedInACult wrote:

The abrahamic root turns spirituality on its head, but I'm sure the true believers will just say I'm blaspheming their religion....hey, Hillary acts the same way when you call out her misdeeds, right...


I was raised with the belief that the only true blasphemy is when you know the truth, but speak against it. Therefore, not knowing the truth is not blasphemy. I find that rather true, because regardless of what your beliefs are, you are absolutely delusional if you think you can see the whole picture.

But, anyway... I am a true believer, but that also means that I'm not to judge. In fact, I'd like someone to show me a scripturewhere Jesus says, "Go out and force everyone to bow down to me. Make laws that support your beliefs. Tell everyone else how to live their life and that they are wrong."

He didn't say that. In fact, it was more of a "Go out and show people love." And why was that? Because quite frankly, when you show someone love, you are showing them the true nature of Christ. And, most people respond well to love. I have no damned clue how in the hell Christians think that walking around as bigots waving Christianity around and demanding people obey God is in any way good for the Church. Or even following the teachings of Christ. And another thing, we're all sinners, so singling out a certain sin does nothing but point out your bigotry.
Bigots use Christianity to justify bigotry. Christianity is expressly against bigotry.

As far as Hillary goes... I have given up on giving a shit about the candidates this year. The only reasonable candidates were eliminated way too early. Now, we're fucked regardless, so I'm going to worry about lubing up, rather than picking out the color of the dildo.
Banned
1524 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 10/19/16 , edited 10/19/16
But yeah... I think just be a good human, have sex with people you like and enjoy life. Atleast thats how i see it. Since goodness is a gift i think


I was raised with the belief that the only true blasphemy is when you know the truth, but speak against it. Therefore, not knowing the truth is not blasphemy. I find that rather true, because regardless of what your beliefs are, you are absolutely delusional if you think you can see the whole picture.


Philosophical truth is not real truth though. I mean its sort of a belief in a moral compass. I could say we create morals because we can be good and make the world a better place by learning from our mistakes, If we were to use the logic of middle ages we would stay there and nothing would change in terms of Enemies of god, victories. Humanism was a thing during the Renaissance for example, the belief that human dignity is of importance and that humans a value for the sake of being a human.
Posted 10/19/16
I hear ya - I came to my positions as I read more and more, I went through that point where I took a serious look at what I believe. I never claimed to know the whole picture, but at some point in my research I concluded that the entire abrahamic root is rotten and fraudulent - like any good lie its got to contain a certain amount of truth to be believable, ergo promote good deeds by the plebes. That of course doesnt preclude followers of the exoteric teachings from promoting core tenets of the exoteric - the esoteric just isnt included in what is proffered to the plebes. And to your point, too much of the esoteric is against what the exoteric outwardly promotes. Its just contradictions like that that led me straight away from it.

10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/19/16

Syndicaidramon wrote:

Yes it is.
But I'd say it's more like stocholm syndrome.


False. I was an atheist from 6 to 27 years of age.

I became Christian only once I had accepted 2 things:

1.) The true nature and teaching of Christ is love. If you think you're a Christian when you hate this type of sinner or that type of sinner, or you're trying to force people to make laws to support that bigotry, you're not following Christ. Christ expressly stated that only God should judge.
Why is that? I mean, if it were as simple as "They broke the rules, they go to hell," why would it matter if we said someone was going to hell or not? Psalms 21:2 "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD ponders the hearts." That means that on some level God's judgments are based on our intentions and hearts, not some set of rules. It isn't so black and white. And, we as humans cannot judge, because we cannot ponder the heart as God does.

2.) There is no way I can know everything. I mean, even if you supposed the bible was 100% accurate, there's still a whole lot of stuff that remains complete mystery. And the same can be said of science. Therefore, we cannot pretend to know everything. We can only have faith and hope we know enough.


So, for me, it truly isn't Stockholm Syndrome, because I was never held captive. I came to Christ only once I understood His nature for myself. But, I can promise you that only basing your beliefs on others' judgments is unhealthy for the believers and non-believers alike.
Banned
1524 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 10/19/16 , edited 10/19/16
Either way i realise even with the argument for "Fighting against Kingdom of God" God is still the definition of a psychopath. Even if we were to say Jesus or any stuff had a teacher as a founder or any abrahamic faith it still would be wrong and evil. Like you could say that fighting for god's kingdom is better than going your own way and to whatever happens or saying that he has strict rules for that reason, while some are universial and good and some are questionable, the problem with that argument is that you have to lie to yourself by saying god is good, or the fact he doesnt want to understand you but actually wants pure obedience otherwise he sends you to his evil brother to torture you forever. Just like saying an abusive father is good for not punching or hitting you. If you can make morals purely for being good then i say that is a reward for the sake of goodness and caring for one another.

So my point is dont worry about it. Just be good and do your best. That is a good human virtue
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.