First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Does anyone know of any therapy or programs that can change ones personality
20753 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 10/19/16 , edited 10/19/16
Curious as alot of people have left me due to my personality and i really want to change it and have been.

So i want to see if there is any type of therapy or program to change ones personality and who they are.
18092 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F
Offline
Posted 10/19/16
17430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Croatia
Offline
Posted 10/19/16 , edited 10/19/16
Change is gradual and requires a lot of time. You can't change your whole personality on a whim. Not in a healthy and recommended manner, that is. Besides, you don't want to be friends with a person who is so rotten that everything they say directed towards you contains all sorts of toxins. It doesn't matter how nice they appear, all that matters it that they are not nice towards you and there is a good reason for that. Still, I like to think that neither party is responsible for that. People don't necessarily get along and that's just how it is. C'est la vie.
20753 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 10/19/16

Nalaniel wrote:

Change is gradual and requires a lot of time. You can't change your whole personality on a whim. Not in a healthy and recommended manner, that is.


I don't care about my health xD but time is something i have alot of o.o
20753 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 10/19/16
17430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Croatia
Offline
Posted 10/19/16

Ryulightorb wrote:


Nalaniel wrote:

Change is gradual and requires a lot of time. You can't change your whole personality on a whim. Not in a healthy and recommended manner, that is.


I don't care about my health xD but time is something i have alot of o.o


You should. You won't have that much time if you don't care about your health.
20753 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 10/19/16

Nalaniel wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:


Nalaniel wrote:

Change is gradual and requires a lot of time. You can't change your whole personality on a whim. Not in a healthy and recommended manner, that is.


I don't care about my health xD but time is something i have alot of o.o


You should. You won't have that much time if you don't care about your health.


Friendships come first ^^
17430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Croatia
Offline
Posted 10/19/16

Ryulightorb wrote:

Friendships come first ^^


You're delusional. You can't force friendships with that method. Every type of personality will get you a different bunch of friends. You can't have all the friends.
20753 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 10/19/16

Nalaniel wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

Friendships come first ^^


You're delusional. You can't force friendships with that method. Every type of personality will get you a different bunch of friends. You can't have all the friends.


So what else do you do when you want specific people to be your friends?

I don't want everyone to be my friend only the people who are important to me that i want to be friends with.

There is always something you can do and i can't give up i need to find a way to be friends with friends i lost that's my reason for living now to get them all or some of them back :P

Otherwise im not that interested in living if i can't have atleast one of my old friends back eventually ....so i will live waiting i think
2792 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/19/16
Get a better reason to live or just live for no reason like literally everyone else in the world past the age of 18
17430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / Croatia
Offline
Posted 10/19/16

Ryulightorb wrote:

So what else do you do when you want specific people to be your friends?

I don't want everyone to be my friend only the people who are important to me that i want to be friends with.

There is always something you can do and i can't give up i need to find a way to be friends with friends i lost that's my reason for living now to get them all or some of them back :P

Otherwise im not that interested in living if i can't have atleast one of my old friends back eventually ....so i will live waiting i think


Why can't you have a reason for living that is less convoluted? Here is a good one: committing suicide is too difficult.

Jokes aside, my point stands. You can't drastically change your personality in a matter of months. Your brain is already wired in a certain way and that also took time (19 years). If you don't get your friends back, you have to accept that fact and learn to move on. You can try, but don't put yourself down if you don't succeed. Many factors play an important role in interhuman relationships. Nobody says you will not find people you will cherish the same way you did your old ones. Why be stuck in the past when there is the future?
8577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Whale Island
Offline
Posted 10/19/16
Well since you're already in the process of changing it, just keep doing what you're doing. You obviously won't see changes instantly, just like how you won't see body changes after one exercise. Why not try and write down the personality traits that you don't particularly like about yourself and measure out the pros and cons, this could be a good way to help motivate you.

I've actually never heard of any programs or therapies that alter a persons personality.
20753 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 10/19/16

Nalaniel wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

So what else do you do when you want specific people to be your friends?

I don't want everyone to be my friend only the people who are important to me that i want to be friends with.

There is always something you can do and i can't give up i need to find a way to be friends with friends i lost that's my reason for living now to get them all or some of them back :P

Otherwise im not that interested in living if i can't have atleast one of my old friends back eventually ....so i will live waiting i think


Why can't you have a reason for living that is less convoluted? Here is a good one: committing suicide is too difficult.

Jokes aside, my point stands. You can't drastically change your personality in a matter of months. Your brain is already wired in a certain way and that also took time (19 years). If you don't get your friends back, you have to accept that fact and learn to move on. You can try, but don't put yourself down if you don't succeed. Many factors play an important role in interhuman relationships. Nobody says you will not find people you will cherish the same way you did your old ones. Why be stuck in the past when there is the future?



I don't move on unless people make me hate them o.o i believe you can always regain what is lost...or die trying ^^
13577 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / Australia
Offline
Posted 10/19/16
I like to call it, "The Environment".
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.