First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Sweden doodles with terrorists
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 10/19/16 , edited 10/19/16
This really isn't a topic related to immigration or it's good and bad sides, but rather how Sweden seems hellbent on destroying itself from the inside. A couple of months ago Miljöpartiet (the environmental party) got a shit ton of media attention as they got outed for having a adviser who was sexist and refused to respect woman and shake their hands due to his "religion" and allegedly having a IS/ISIS/ISIL sympathizing opinions. Other parties were pretty quick to make a stance against it and going as far as to claim something like that would never happen again. Well shit looks like it did happen anyway as this article got published on the 18th https://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=83&artikel=6540648 (it's in Swedish, but you can prob use google translate or something)

So Sweden is pretty much considering offering "ex-terrorists" jobs and housing, this coming from a country with some of the highest unemployment rates in the EU and a housing crisis where people born in the country sometimes have to 18 years to even get a change to get somewhere to live. And then localities within the government considers offering killers/terrorists jobs and a place to live when they should be locked up and pushed to the side from society. And no SD isn't a magic fix to everything, their just as guilty as all other parties when it comes to fucking up sweden. Piratpartiet (the pirate party) is the only sane party in Sweden, but their pretty much too small to accomplish anything
1044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 10/19/16
The results of Extreme Liberalism at its finest.
1044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 10/19/16 , edited 10/19/16
When a country adopts globalism as its primary agenda, it stops caring for it's own people, and starts giving aid to just about anyone else. While extreme nationalism is not the answer either, the right answer tends to be a good mix of the two, with a lean towards nationalism, but with interest and care in the worlds affairs.
4706 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 10/19/16
Sweden's always been sweet on criminals, as I recall. This doesn't shock or worry me that much.
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 10/19/16 , edited 10/19/16

octorockandroll wrote:

Sweden's always been sweet on criminals, as I recall. This doesn't shock or worry me that much.


Yeah Sweden have a history over the last 10 or so years to be very generous with prisoners and giving them access to playstation, xbox, TV and all other kinds of things they may want during their stay in the prisons (unless you violated copyright laws, because then the Swedish government will make sure you're down right fucked for the rest of your life). But that's not really the point or the problem I'm having with this.

The problem I'm having is that people who have violated human rights, most likely raped and also killed innocent lives are welcomed back with a silver plate of rewards that lawful citysens have a extremely hard task of even getting in the first place. This also is part of the massive segregation happening in Sweden that most people (including media) tries to do all it can to ignore, when in fact Sweden should do all it can to integrate people into it's system without pushing everyone to the side and grouping them
4706 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 10/19/16

TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

Sweden's always been sweet on criminals, as I recall. This doesn't shock or worry me that much.


Yeah Sweden have a history over the last 10 or so years to be very generous with prisoners and giving them access to playstation, xbox, TV and all other kinds of things they may want during their stay in the prisons (unless you violated copyright laws, because then the Swedish government will make sure you're down right fucked for the rest of your life). But that's not really the point or the problem I'm having with this.

The problem I'm having is that people who have violated human rights, most likely raped and also killed innocent lives are welcomed back with a silver plate of rewards that lawful citysens have a extremely hard task of even getting in the first place. This also is part of the massive segregation happening in Sweden that most people (including media) tries to do all it can to ignore, when in fact Sweden should do all it can to integrate people into it's system without pushing everyone to the side and grouping them


I think you grossly misunderstood what I mean by them being sweet on criminals. First of all the examples you cited are all things we do as well and second, the reason they still do what you described in the second paragraph is because it works. I'm not saying I agree with it necessarily but Sweden has built up a reputation for taking the worst of humanity and turning them into fully functioning members of society. I don't know what the exact success rate is, but I would assume that they would not still be doing it if it was even renotely low. Will this work with terrorists? I don't claim to know the answer, but I can say that they definitely have more credibility behind them for this sort of thing than one might think.
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/19/16
What is the true issue here?

The true issue is that the fear of appearing like bigots or whatever, you know, the fear of the worse thing possible--offending someone--makes people step back from using sound judgement.

I mean, NO, we shouldn't be bigoted assholes and throw every Muslim into a deep hole for the rest of their lives, and yet, on the other hand, maybe we should not give a shit how bigoted we look if a particular few are actually involved with terrorist activity.

I'm sorry, but at some point there's going to have to be some middle ground. On one side you have a bunch of ignorant bigots (I'm looking at you, white trash America) who actually fuel the terrorists' recruitment by pissing people off, and on the other side you've got people like Sweden, who's basically bending over a barrel and saying "Take me with your large, middle eastern, missile!"

Bah. Idiots.
Posted 10/19/16
If you think you can do a better job, then get a position in the parliament and change things yourself.

Ranting on here isn't going to change anything.
14755 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/19/16

NyxUlric wrote:

If you think you can do a better job, then get a position in the parliament and change things yourself.

Ranting on here isn't going to change anything.


Yeah! What the calm voice of reason said!

As for "doodling with terrorists", I was sort of picturing graffiti on buildings??
9293 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 10/20/16

NyxUlric wrote:

If you think you can do a better job, then get a position in the parliament and change things yourself.

Ranting on here isn't going to change anything.


Yeah because its that easy!
And the people that actually do always get shot down and vilified.
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 10/20/16

NyxUlric wrote:

If you think you can do a better job, then get a position in the parliament and change things yourself.

Ranting on here isn't going to change anything.


I would if it was that easy. Sometimes it's easy to say things but almost impossible to accomplish them. To start off if I were to join a politicl party then I would be expected to follow their politics exclusively or get thrown out. And if I were to start my own party then I'd be required to find a massive amount of people with similar viewpoints and opinions and then after that be able to find some way to advertise it without banks or government support as the party would be considered too small. Some company would maybe be willing to support the party, but where do I find such a company? And if I don't then where will I get money to advertise it? Also this isn't a politicle policy on a parlament level, it's on a localities level, i.e a party that may or may not be in parlament but rather on a city level of politics
46382 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Sweden
Offline
Posted 10/20/16

octorockandroll wrote:


TheOmegaForce70941 wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

Sweden's always been sweet on criminals, as I recall. This doesn't shock or worry me that much.


Yeah Sweden have a history over the last 10 or so years to be very generous with prisoners and giving them access to playstation, xbox, TV and all other kinds of things they may want during their stay in the prisons (unless you violated copyright laws, because then the Swedish government will make sure you're down right fucked for the rest of your life). But that's not really the point or the problem I'm having with this.

The problem I'm having is that people who have violated human rights, most likely raped and also killed innocent lives are welcomed back with a silver plate of rewards that lawful citysens have a extremely hard task of even getting in the first place. This also is part of the massive segregation happening in Sweden that most people (including media) tries to do all it can to ignore, when in fact Sweden should do all it can to integrate people into it's system without pushing everyone to the side and grouping them


I think you grossly misunderstood what I mean by them being sweet on criminals. First of all the examples you cited are all things we do as well and second, the reason they still do what you described in the second paragraph is because it works. I'm not saying I agree with it necessarily but Sweden has built up a reputation for taking the worst of humanity and turning them into fully functioning members of society. I don't know what the exact success rate is, but I would assume that they would not still be doing it if it was even renotely low. Will this work with terrorists? I don't claim to know the answer, but I can say that they definitely have more credibility behind them for this sort of thing than one might think.


I'm not really sure what you are referring to exactly, but maybe it is imported workforce? If it is then that was a program back after the 2nd world war and cold war when there was plenty of poor european countries after the war that Sweden took in. This in turn led to a massive boom in Sweden's space, military, auto motors and industrial complex. But that type of politics wouldn't really work in Sweden today as Sweden lost that power after the great financial crash in the 90's, something Sweden haven't fully recovered from since. But regarding the criminal part, the people who got in by this program may have stolen food or money to be able to survive, not killing and such. So giving those people a proper life would solve the issues, but I don't see the same thing happening to terrorists. All I can say is that terrorists will probably use this as yet another tool to recruit terrorist, just like they already do in a legal way in Sweden
9293 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Australia
Offline
Posted 10/20/16
^One thing that you will fast learn about octorockandroll is that he is a Muslim lover. Ok so maybe not but he is one of those very voicful defenders of Islam and an Islam apologist.
A cringe worthy Islam apologist. A real know it all for a 19 year old also.
Dont get me wrong, i think he is inelligent but just a know it all and acts beyond his years. Seems a bit of a typical "educated" SJW in some aspects.
4706 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 10/20/16 , edited 10/20/16

MrAnimeSK wrote:

^One thing that you will fast learn about octorockandroll is that he is a Muslim lover. Ok so maybe not but he is one of those very voicful defenders of Islam and an Islam apologist.
A cringe worthy Islam apologist. A real know it all for a 19 year old also.
Dont get me wrong, i think he is inelligent but just a know it all and acts beyond his years. Seems a bit of a typical "educated" SJW in some aspects.


How is anything I'm saying "islam apologising"? I am pointing out that the kind of behaviour exemplified here has been going on for years already towards non-muslims. What does that have to do with Islam? I didn't even mention that religion. Hell, I didn't even say it would work, all I said was that there is a historical precedent. I suggest you try listening to what I'm saying before you start throwing buzzwords around.
4706 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 10/20/16 , edited 10/20/16
Just so everyone is clear, this is one of the examples of what I mean when I say Sweden has always been going easy on its criminals.
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/society/2014/nov/26/prison-sweden-not-punishment-nils-oberg?client=ms-android-rogers-ca
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.