First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Dragon ball Super Heading to Crunchyroll
91 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 10/19/16
Ok i dont know how accurate this is but i read and watch a video saying Dragon Ball Super is coming to Crunchyroll soon. how soon i dont know but the whole series will be on crunchyroll. i honestly thought funimation was gonna get first grabs on Dragon Ball Super but it seems we are gonna get official subs for the series on crunchyroll. are you guys excited. does anyone watch Dragon Ball Super? what are your thoughts if its true.
One Punch Mod
85944 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 10/19/16 , edited 10/19/16

VampireValor wrote:

Ok i dont know how accurate this is but i read and watch a video saying Dragon Ball Super is coming to Crunchyroll soon. how soon i dont know but the whole series will be on crunchyroll. i honestly thought funimation was gonna get first grabs on Dragon Ball Super but it seems we are gonna get official subs for the series on crunchyroll. are you guys excited. does anyone watch Dragon Ball Super? what are your thoughts if its true.


It was reported on Anime News Network with a fair amount of detail about the simulcast and past-episode roll-out plan, so I"m sure we'll be seeing an official Crunchyroll announcement soon.

Here's a link to the ANN article.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-10-19/dragon-ball-super-to-simulcast-on-crunchyroll-daisuki-animelab/.107853
91 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 10/19/16
Dragon Ball was one of my first anime growing up so this is huge for me. im glad theyre going to start with the future trunks arc first
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/19/16 , edited 10/22/16
I tried to watch Dragon Ball Super, but then I realized I'm an adult.
kavzee 
42162 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Sydney
Offline
Posted 10/19/16
Fantastic news! Will be tuning in every week for it, releasing FT arc first then 10 episodes a week after 30th October until the whole series is on. I'm an adult but I'll always be a DB fan haha.
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/19/16 , edited 10/22/16

kavzee wrote: I'm an adult but I'll always be a DB fan haha.


It's actually more due to how terrible it is. Watching it reminded me of exactly why I stopped watching DBZ before the Buu Saga ended. Or how I tried to watch DBGT and was like, NOPE.

There's a whole lot I love about it, but Dragon Ball Super seemed to be a chance to reboot the series into something less idiotic, but instead, they opted for more idiotic.

31085 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/19/16 , edited 10/19/16
I will admit the first few episodes are pretty cringe worthy. But once the action starts it's basically same old DBZ stuff. It also reaffirms that Future Trunks is the most badass character in the DBZ universe.
1246 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 10/19/16
I love that they're having Future Trunks in it but I can't stand who they are pairing him up with. Seriously?! What's up with THAT??? She's about old enough to be his grandmother!
kavzee 
42162 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Sydney
Offline
Posted 10/19/16

HolyDrumstick
There's a whole lot I love about it, but Dragon Ball Super seemed to be a chance to reboot the series into something less idiotic, but instead, they opted for more idiotic.


That is fair enough and I respect your opinion, Dragonball always had light hearted elements in it and I find it has a good balance right now between serious and silly.

Sure, sometimes it goes a bit too far on the silly side but it will never be the same as DBZ. I find it has great potential down the line for plot development, I'm still loving it and so are many other people which is always great to see.
6073 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/19/16 , edited 10/19/16
I'm way ahead on this which sucks because that means...
A) I have to wait for CR to catch up.
B) Keep watching on [other site].
Tbh if I do wait on CR i'll probably just cave and watch the dub on [other site] because Goku the strongest manliest most masculine Warrior in the universe aught not sound like a 6 year old.
One Punch Mod
85944 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 10/19/16 , edited 10/19/16

52infinity wrote:

I'm way ahead on this which sucks because that means...
A) I have to wait for CR to catch up.
B) Keep watching on [other site].
Tbh if I do wait on CR i'll probably just cave and watch the dub on [other site] because Goku the strongest manliest most masculine Warrior in the universe aught not sound like a 6 year old.


You don't need to wait for CR to catch up. They'll be simulcasting the current episode (63) on Saturday. Then they'll be backfilling with the old episodes in batches after Oct 30. It sounds like the full FT arc will go up before the older stuff--possibly even as early as Saturday, though the wording from the article isn't entirely clear: "The streaming platforms will also offer the full Future Trunks arc (beginning with episode 47)."
3ngag3 
272 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/19/16
I kinda wished they would have started with the Universal Tournament arc, but the Goku Black arc seems to be more engaging right now.
6073 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/19/16

lorreen wrote:


52infinity wrote:

I'm way ahead on this which sucks because that means...
A) I have to wait for CR to catch up.
B) Keep watching on [other site].
Tbh if I do wait on CR i'll probably just cave and watch the dub on [other site] because Goku the strongest manliest most masculine Warrior in the universe aught not sound like a 6 year old.


You don't need to wait for CR to catch up. They'll be simulcasting the current episode (63) on Saturday. Then they'll be backfilling with the old episodes in batches after Oct 30. It sounds like the full FT arc will go up before the older stuff--possibly even as early as Saturday, though the wording from the article isn't entirely clear: "The streaming platforms will also offer the full Future Trunks arc (beginning with episode 47)."


Oh wow that's really helpful looks like you've all got it figured out.
32377 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / St.Louis - USA
Offline
Posted 10/19/16
party hard
4792 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / New Zealand
Offline
Posted 10/20/16
Nice
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.