First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply GD has become awful these days
Werina 
205541 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/21/16 , edited 10/31/16
GD was never good to begin with.


just awful
145751 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Overlord's Castle
Offline
Posted 10/21/16 , edited 10/31/16
lol did you look at who keeps making them tho? That would explain a lot.

10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/21/16 , edited 10/21/16

sundin13 wrote:

I agree, but not for the exact same reason. I'm fine with political threads. In fact, I like political threads. However, lately I've somewhat had to change my way of handling threads because it no longer seems like a good environment for debate. The conversations are too volatile and lack focus and you can see how threads don't explore information, its more that people just say something inflammatory and move on. Moreso, there is very little respectful discourse. There is a tone in the discussion recently of dismissal and anger.

So yeah, GD has become a dumpster fire, but not because of the topics that are being posted (although those topics are largely a symptom). It is because of how things are being discussed. I think a lot of this comes down to the end of this political cycle, but also partially to the new users who have started posting around here and contributing to this change in atmosphere.

I hope I haven't said anything untoward, but that is what I have been thinking lately.


Hmm, not sure I agree with this. I've been around for a few years now.

This is the same shit I've seen since day one.

I enjoy debate threads. I do. And they've always been here. As far as PV is concerned- If you have nothing nice to say....

And there's always those few who jump in and act like asshats.... but usually they don't stick around for long.

I HAVE noticed an increase in straight up trolling threads caused by a small few individuals, and the overall lack of give a shit by loreen. (I mean, that's my opinion. Maybe people actually think loreen does a good job.) I mean, you post something linking to a Patreon account, it gets shut down.... you post something that is outright insulting of a certain group of people or belief structure? No big. There's also a number of other issues I've had involving a very blatant bias, disguised as having no other choice. That's BS. That's what cops say when they tell you they HAVE to give you a ticket. No, as someone who knows law enforcement, there are only a small amount of times they have to do anything of the sort. Same thing here, with the mods.

Then there were the What would you do? threads, literally a constant stream of new threads designed to do nothing but annoy, that polluted GD for days without any action taken. I started reporting every one of them. If I had to deal with them, someone else was going to have to deal with the flood of reports they caused.

And, I think this overall poor management of the forums by mods is exactly the reason no one, including me, takes these forums seriously. I can't remember the last anime series I watched here. I've been saying for almost two years the entire reason CR no longer has my money is because their forums have terrible management by extremely biased mods (one in particular). I suggested fixes to these problems. I get that CR is not only forums, but for me, it is a very large part of the website.

So, in short, yeah CR forums have went to hell. That's because this is the bastard/step-child of CR. Forums don't make money, therefore you are not important enough for quality assurance. This is practically the wild west with one outlaw sheriff and a handful of volunteer deputies who actually rarely contribute.


That's my take on it.
13131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 10/21/16

HolyDrumstick wrote:


sundin13 wrote:

I agree, but not for the exact same reason. I'm fine with political threads. In fact, I like political threads. However, lately I've somewhat had to change my way of handling threads because it no longer seems like a good environment for debate. The conversations are too volatile and lack focus and you can see how threads don't explore information, its more that people just say something inflammatory and move on. Moreso, there is very little respectful discourse. There is a tone in the discussion recently of dismissal and anger.

So yeah, GD has become a dumpster fire, but not because of the topics that are being posted (although those topics are largely a symptom). It is because of how things are being discussed. I think a lot of this comes down to the end of this political cycle, but also partially to the new users who have started posting around here and contributing to this change in atmosphere.

I hope I haven't said anything untoward, but that is what I have been thinking lately.


Hmm, not sure I agree with this. I've been around for a few years now.

This is the same shit I've seen since day one.

I enjoy debate threads. I do. And they've always been here. As far as PV is concerned- If you have nothing nice to say....

And there's always those few who jump in and act like asshats.... but usually they don't stick around for long.

I HAVE noticed an increase in straight up trolling threads caused by a small few individuals, and the overall lack of give a shit by loreen. (I mean, that's my opinion. Maybe people actually think loreen does a good job.) I mean, you post something linking to a Patreon account, it gets shut down.... you post something that is outright insulting of a certain group of people or belief structure? No big. There's also a number of other issues I've had involving a very blatant bias, disguised as having no other choice. That's BS. That's what cops say when they tell you they HAVE to give you a ticket. No, as someone who knows law enforcement, there are only a small amount of times they have to do anything of the sort. Same thing here, with the mods.

Then there were the What would you do? threads, literally a constant stream of new threads designed to do nothing but annoy, that polluted GD for days without any action taken. I started reporting every one of them. If I had to deal with them, someone else was going to have to deal with the flood of reports they caused.

And, I think this overall poor management of the forums by mods is exactly the reason no one, including me, takes these forums seriously. I can't remember the last anime series I watched here. I've been saying for almost two years the entire reason CR no longer has my money is because their forums have terrible management by extremely biased mods (one in particular). I suggested fixes to these problems. I get that CR is not only forums, but for me, it is a very large part of the website.

So, in short, yeah CR forums have went to hell. That's because this is the bastard step-child of CR. Forums don't make money, therefore you are not important enough for quality assurance. This is practically the wild west with one outlaw sheriff and a handful of volunteer deputies who actually rarely contribute.


That's my take on it.


I don't want to put this problem entirely on the mod's shoulders. I understand there is a bit of a fine line between a community being frustrated about "censorship" and a community frustrated about "trolling". Certain rules are very clearly spelled out, but when you go into the line of trolling/flamebaiting or controversial opinions, its not black and white. That said, I think the mods do have a bit of an obligation to keep Crunchy "healthy" as a community, and I think the line has been crossed too many times by certain users with seemingly no moderation... I would appreciate a greater effort to keep certain threads on topic and to push back against meme-ish posts, but obviously that would be a job for the mod team as a whole, not just Loreen. We need new mods in GD because I rarely see any of them other than Loreen.
48449 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / AZ
Offline
Posted 10/21/16

HolyDrumstick wrote:
I HAVE noticed an increase in straight up trolling threads caused by a small few individuals, and the overall lack of give a shit by loreen. (I mean, that's my opinion. Maybe people actually think loreen does a good job.)


I think loreen tries to do her best.
She has a real job after all and is a mod on here during her free time.
Whoever controls this place needs to removes the current inactive mods and find new ones.
There is plenty of users who would do a good job.
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/21/16 , edited 10/21/16

sundin13 wrote:
I don't want to put this problem entirely on the mod's shoulders. I understand there is a bit of a fine line between a community being frustrated about "censorship" and a community frustrated about "trolling". Certain rules are very clearly spelled out, but when you go into the line of trolling/flamebaiting or controversial opinions, its not black and white. That said, I think the mods do have a bit of an obligation to keep Crunchy "healthy" as a community, and I think the line has been crossed too many times by certain users with seemingly no moderation... I would appreciate a greater effort to keep certain threads on topic and to push back against meme-ish posts, but obviously that would be a job for the mod team as a whole, not just Loreen. We need new mods in GD because I rarely see any of them other than Loreen.



HuastecoOtaku wrote:
I think loreen tries to do her best.
She has a real job after all and is a mod on here during her free time.
Whoever controls this place needs to removes the current inactive mods and find new ones.
There is plenty of users who would do a good job.


Not that loreen doesn't try to do her best, or that we should put this all on the mods.

However, there is no true accountability for mods. It doesn't happen. In fact, I doubt my thoughts on this will stick around, because loreen or another mod usually quickly deletes any hint of criticism.

Yeah, they do their best, from their perspective. However, in the end, they are biased. And, without accountability PLUS the inactivity of other mods making it impossible to counter or balance a single mod's judgment, we're left dealing with problems.

I think that either mods need more accountability or we need to do away with them and utilize a much more effective blocking system.

I mean, with a blocking system, a functional and useful one, there is absolutely no reason for mods in the first place.

But, hey, you know.... my opinion doesn't matter. Because if it did, I'd still be paying a sub to CR.
Posted 10/21/16


I don't see anyone else coming up with anything better.
Humms 
10543 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CAN, ON
Online
Posted 10/21/16
I think it's funny

I'm having a good time. Not like a take it to heart. We ask a question and we answer it. A lot of GD threads have been personal interest and just wacky and fun. Sometimes you get a good thread, sometimes you don't. I come here to have good time and say what's on my mind. I'm not an angry person, I just love you laugh

You want to take this to the next level of sophistication? OK, maybe stop worrying about every little thing. Go ahead and do something about it, Seriously. If you don't like it, it's really not that hard to avoid it.
51277 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 10/21/16
Things will calm down a little bit shortly after November 8th. People will riot no matter who wins the election. Clickbait threads will start to die off slowly over time. Then the madness will escalate again when the next crazy person with a significant amount of followers decides to run for president. Polarizing topics are unfortunately permanent now that people these days have this mentality that if you disagree with them, you're the Antichrist. GD has become a reflection of society now. This mess could've been avoided if our politicians weren't such psychopaths.
49 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/21/16
Political threads everywhere.
Posted 10/21/16
I'm just here to judge people TBH
10565 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 10/21/16
My thread wasn't on the list
Sogno- 
45684 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/21/16
the threads in chit chat are more fun

bring back extended discussion and throw the political crap in there and bring chit chat over here to GD
41649 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 10/21/16 , edited 10/21/16
> the election has made everything awful tbh
> MAL's CE & CD are even worse
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/21/16
It sounds like the solution to almost every problem here is to stop following the election.

If it is about Trump or Hillary, I rarely comment.... and when I do, it's to note that both side suck.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.