First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Saber's Identity *Spoiler Alert*
Member
32369 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Japan/Malaysia
Offline
Posted 2/14/08
haha.. cool.. i've learned 3 words today ^^;;
Member
15242 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / In the "Throne of...
Offline
Posted 2/14/08

sir-henri wrote:


notsosterialtypical wrote: She drew Caliburn from the stone, Caliburn was the first English term used for Calaborg but it was " Latinized " into Excalibur, and everyone knows Exalibur was from a lake....


Calaborg was her first weapon and she/he got the Excaliburn later from the lake. Totally different weapons.
(Well as you said, but more simply put.)

V -I am quite sure that I read somewhere that the Caliburn and Excaliburn were different swords but in the end that doesn't matter that much...


Caliburn was as the name for Excalibur. Excalibur and the sword from the stone were considered separate swords but they are SOMETIMES considered the same.

And Caladbolg was from the irish mythology and is thought to be the source or analogue for excalibur
Member
32369 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Japan/Malaysia
Offline
Posted 2/15/08
The first time I learned about Excalibur, it was depicted as the stone from the sword.(i think it was on the tv.. lol)
I was young and didn't know that there were so many versions of the legend.. Excalibor, Caliburn, who cares? don't even know which one is original ^^;
Posted 2/19/08

notsosterialtypical wrote:

.... Wow i so didn't know that saber was arthur, enough sarcasm the whole K.A being female was not a creation of type-moon, it has been in many British novels made years before FSN and maybe even type-moon itself and beside saber is only loosly based on king Arthur i mean she drew Caliburn from the stone, Caliburn was the first English term used for Calaborg but it was " Latinized " into Excalibur, and everyone knows Exalibur was from a lake....


So King Arthur gender is not confirmed in myth....It has never been proven whether he is a guy or a girl?
I am confused...@_@
Member
32369 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Japan/Malaysia
Offline
Posted 2/19/08

sasukesrg wrote:


notsosterialtypical wrote:

.... Wow i so didn't know that saber was arthur, enough sarcasm the whole K.A being female was not a creation of type-moon, it has been in many British novels made years before FSN and maybe even type-moon itself and beside saber is only loosly based on king Arthur i mean she drew Caliburn from the stone, Caliburn was the first English term used for Calaborg but it was " Latinized " into Excalibur, and everyone knows Exalibur was from a lake....


So King Arthur gender is not confirmed in myth....It has never been proven whether he is a guy or a girl?
I am confused...@_@


Actually the original King Arthur is a male.. there are even statues in the UK of King Arthur. And Arturia Pendragon(Saber's real identity) is actually fully Type-Moon's creation. you can search for it on any search engine and you will only get Fate Stay Night results. It is not even a legend. it's fiction.

Anyways, as Type-Moon's creation, Arturia Pendragon is actually depicted as the successor a few generations after King Arthur. The dying King did not leave a son to the crown, so Merlin(I think he's like 200 years old already) asked her to pull out the sword from the stone to symbolize the King's election.
Member
6459 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / philippines
Offline
Posted 2/19/08
shit!!!!!!!!!! I AM ENLIGHTENED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


the fakeng shit! SO IT IS A FICTION! thnks desu~

any more facts to share aside from saber? please? im willing to read more, and i know others too !
Member
32369 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Japan/Malaysia
Offline
Posted 2/19/08
hehe.. actually i got all that from WIkipedia.. but in Wikipedia, it was written as if it was in the Arthurian legend.. i was confused, so I tried to search on google for Arturia Pendragon and couldnt find anything about it being a part of the legend.. ^^;; If u want to know more, Wikipedia is a good source.

Well another nice spoiler is that Archer is the adult Shiro Emiya, but I think most people could guess it.. ^^ I suspected it too when Archer seemed to understand Shiro's abilities so well.. but their personalities are just too different, so i prefer to think of them as different people.. =D
Posted 2/19/08

lonehunter88 wrote:

hehe.. actually i got all that from WIkipedia.. but in Wikipedia, it was written as if it was in the Arthurian legend.. i was confused, so I tried to search on google for Arturia Pendragon and couldnt find anything about it being a part of the legend.. ^^;; If u want to know more, Wikipedia is a good source.

Well another nice spoiler is that Archer is the adult Shiro Emiya, but I think most people could guess it.. ^^ I suspected it too when Archer seemed to understand Shiro's abilities so well.. but their personalities are just too different, so i prefer to think of them as different people.. =D


They are the same people....but when they mutter their incantations for their similar skill....it is like entirely different verse...So, it was weird...at first....but when you grow older, you would like a more funky incantation verse....to perform your skill....lol....
Member
32369 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Japan/Malaysia
Offline
Posted 2/19/08
haha.. more funky incantation verse.. lolz.. that's really funny.. ^^;
but then again, Shiro is a hero of justice, and Archer is so indifferent.. no matter how you look at it, they don't seem like the same person at all.. >.< Besides, Shiro can't have anything unfulfilled and it would be absurd to think he would actually give up his soul to be one of the Servants and join the Holy Grail War, so it's quite impossible.. hehe.. just wat i think..
Member
6459 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / philippines
Offline
Posted 2/20/08
now that you have said that, it is true, and i already knew that shirou is archer, simply by the skillz

and your avatar is haji right?
haha

and rider is medusa...

in what way?

my guess is that medusa rides the chariot @_@

and she has PEGASUS
oh fak the wat!
Member
32369 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Japan/Malaysia
Offline
Posted 2/20/08

At one point, Medusa was given Pegasus as a gift from Poseidon.

From wiki

Hehe didn't really care much about Rider.. didn't know she's so interesting too.. ^^ but i thought medusa should be a gorgon.. where's her tail? lolz..

yeap it's haji in my avatar. do u like blood+ too? ^^
Member
393 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / my own sweet loli...
Offline
Posted 2/21/08

debedowi wrote:

now that you have said that, it is true, and i already knew that shirou is archer, simply by the skillz

and your avatar is haji right?
haha

and rider is medusa...

in what way?

my guess is that medusa rides the chariot @_@

and she has PEGASUS
oh fak the wat!



in mythology pegasus is her son
Member
6459 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / philippines
Offline
Posted 2/21/08
@lonehunter88 = dude, dont look at the tail, look at the complicated hair, that will explain it a little

@zioni_rei = fuck the waht!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now i remember!!!!!!!!! THNX!!!!
Member
32369 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Japan/Malaysia
Offline
Posted 2/21/08
haha sorry.. i got the info straight from Fate stay night's encyclopedia.. didnt know the myth.. so i guess Type-Moon has a tendency of making fiction out of myths >.<
Member
6459 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / philippines
Offline
Posted 2/21/08
and addition to medusa, my friend told me that PEGASUS CAME FROM MEDUSA @,..@

ill search the myths haha
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.