First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Saber's Identity *Spoiler Alert*
Member
15742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / koko de... matte...
Offline
Posted 3/24/08
the ones only that i remembered only
Member
2054 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 3/28/08

notsosterialtypical wrote:


sir-henri wrote:


Calaborg was her first weapon and she/he got the Excalibur later from the lake. Totally different weapons.
(Well as you said, but more simply put.)


Actually in FSN calaborg is a totally different weapon, and before i was talking about the actually myth of Excalibur just to prove how loosely related the Arthur in fate is to the legendary Arthur. but no caliburn and Excalibur were not different weapons, just different words for the same item, argh how can i explain.

Legend


(sword from the stone)It is just called the sword in the stone

(sword from the lake)Calaborg(welsh)----- Caliburn(first old English translation) --------------- Excalibur(adapted version)

Fate

(Sword from the stone) Caliburn

(Sword from the lake) Excalibur

(next random drill thingy) Calaborg

(As you can see type-moon has taken the three different translation from the sword given to Arthur by the LOL( Lady of the lake) and used them as different swords, very confusing for noobs, like you Henri (joke))


from what i read in a novel Caliburn is the sword in the stone but was destroyed due to King Arthur's unchivalric mission and later he received a new sword that is known as the Excalibur that was given by the lady in the lake...
1882 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / where my love is
Offline
Posted 3/31/08
there's alot n our history dat we dunno 'bout. n d past, girls weren't dat well respected, so i'd assume dat she managed 2 take d sword and became king but can't really call herself queen? i dunno, but it's my guess *_*
41113 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 5/1/08
i think that its cool that saber was king arthur =]

it would just be way cooler if saber was a boy instead of a girl tho =]

also i think like since it was a war right , then saber died by the lake , and that was how king arthur died by the lake .
Member
378 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / philippines
Offline
Posted 5/4/08

lonehunter88 wrote:


So for those who have finished the anime/game, you know Saber's true identity in the anime/game, right? I don't see a thread discussing about this. Why is it so?

When the anime revealed little by little about cute Saber's identity through the sword Excaliburn, I actually thought she was Queen Guinevere. Probably she stole excalibur from Arthur.. haha..

However, as it is, Saber is revealed as the very King Arthur himself. Now, answer my question.. How can a King be a girl??? I know Queen Elizabeth, but Queen Arthur?


I got your point!
me either is thinking the same question!
how come the king is a girl?
and not only a king! she is king arthur!englands mythical king!
and the quest for the holy grail is really disappointing! how come a holy grail is the source of all evil!

Member
15242 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / In the "Throne of...
Offline
Posted 5/4/08

marc002345 wrote:


lonehunter88 wrote:


So for those who have finished the anime/game, you know Saber's true identity in the anime/game, right? I don't see a thread discussing about this. Why is it so?

When the anime revealed little by little about cute Saber's identity through the sword Excaliburn, I actually thought she was Queen Guinevere. Probably she stole excalibur from Arthur.. haha..

However, as it is, Saber is revealed as the very King Arthur himself. Now, answer my question.. How can a King be a girl??? I know Queen Elizabeth, but Queen Arthur?


I got your point!
me either is thinking the same question!
how come the king is a girl?
and not only a king! she is king arthur!englands mythical king!
and the quest for the holy grail is really disappointing! how come a holy grail is the source of all evil!



The servant's gender can be changed by the holy grail. it just so happens that king arthur became a girl. And the Holy grail isn't a source of evil. It was tainted with evil during the 3rd war
Posted 8/6/08
weee~!!!
you all getting me confused!!!
Member
15242 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / In the "Throne of...
Offline
Posted 11/18/08


marc002345 wrote:


lonehunter88 wrote:


So for those who have finished the anime/game, you know Saber's true identity in the anime/game, right? I don't see a thread discussing about this. Why is it so?

When the anime revealed little by little about cute Saber's identity through the sword Excaliburn, I actually thought she was Queen Guinevere. Probably she stole excalibur from Arthur.. haha..

However, as it is, Saber is revealed as the very King Arthur himself. Now, answer my question.. How can a King be a girl??? I know Queen Elizabeth, but Queen Arthur?


I got your point!
me either is thinking the same question!
how come the king is a girl?
and not only a king! she is king arthur!englands mythical king!
and the quest for the holy grail is really disappointing! how come a holy grail is the source of all evil!



Let me correct myself. In the Nasuverse legend. King Arthur was actually a girl. Her parents hid that fact because they know that the people will not accept a female as heir. So when Arturia (Saber) governed her country she didn't reveal her gender
Posted 4/16/10




wht about medea?(caster)
and others?
Member
15242 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / In the "Throne of...
Offline
Posted 7/24/10

The_Faint_Smile wrote:





wht about medea?(caster)
and others?


The other servants' history is more so the same from the original stories except for a few alterations. Nasu likes to do this kind of stuff

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.