First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply How original is your character?
42391 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 10/23/16
The object of the game is simple. The person below must rate the person above character then list information on their character. The goal is to see who has an original character. This will help build your character and reveal what type of person he or she is.

Here is the list:

Character's Name

Age

Strengths

Weakness

Occupation

Fun Fact


Follow the Example:



And so on and so forth.




My Turn:

Character Name: Demetrius Zachariah Alexander Eisenhower (Demi)

Age: 17

Strengths: Demetrius is a caring but stern person who thinks highly of his sister. He is intelligent and clever. Demetrius may not look it be he cares deeply about his country which is why he serve in the military. He is very protective of people he starts to care about once he gets to know them. As a Grand-Prince he is well known in politics and has what it takes to make a fine Grand-Emperor.

Weakness: Demetrius has a rather cold demeanor and is very blunt. He is a jerk who is strict and really stern. Even though he cares he about people. It will take some getting use to for him to at least show that he is caring. His sister hates his jerk ways even though he is nice to her. Demetrius is partially xenophobic towards Prometheans due to a traumatic experience

Occupation: Grand-Prince and Arch-Knight

Fun Fact: He is good at playing the guitar.


Enjoy!!!



4614 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 10/23/16
Demetrius seems nice. His personality looks like it could lead to a compelling character arc and potebtial heel turn down the line.

Name: Praevar Pardieu (last name subject to change in the future due to cringe)

Age: changes throughout the story

Strengths: Praevar has experience beyond his years when it comes to combat. From an early age he was taught white magic to assist the cathedral that doubled as his orphanage in their royally decreed duty: to act as supports for the nation's war effort. Due to the sufferings his adoptive family incurred because of this, Praevar became determined to overthrow all the tyrannical kingdoms of the world and unite the land of Taurialba under his fair and protective rule. This lead Praevar to hone his physical ability as well as his magical finess, and resulted in him innovating offensive uses for white magic. All this means that he can function both as a healer and a tank, throwing punches and dishing out throws and grapples with his buffs. And if should he ever start taking too much damage he need only heal himself, and he's no slouch when it comes to spell reportoire. Praevar is a natural leader, and was able to inspire some of the strongest people in the land to join his cause, bringing multiple victories to his rag-tag army in a short amount of time.

Weaknesses: Praevar is a natural fighter who can dish out lots of damage as well as take it, but he is physically very slow. This issue is only compounded by his large size, making him an easy target for enemies who favor speed, or long distances. His desire to protect those around him, and his boundless ambition lead to him being very controlling of those around him. He also has the potential to become unhealthily obsessive, like when he suffered a defeat at the hands of the deadly fighter Veritas mere days after experiencing a steep increase in power. Having survived the encounter, he declared her his rival and would make numerous sacrifices to become stronger and fight her again.

Occupation: Prest, Military leader.

Fun fact: his name might hide a secret about his actions later in the story.

Sorry for the really long post.
42391 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 10/23/16
8/10 I like him. He seems like a good character.


Character Name: Avangelina Seraphina Maiandra Arionheart

Age: 16

Strengths: Avangelina is a kind, thoughtful, but cunning grand-princess. She does whatever she can to help her people and make sure they are alright. She is wise and intelligent yet dedicated to making the best of things. Avangelina care a lot about her friends and family.

Weakness: She tends to dwell on the bad for too long that it can change her a little. Avangelina likes to cling to the past for reason and refuse to move on from it.

Occupation: Grand-Princess

Fun Fact: Her name means "hopeful praise" in Zaepathian
42262 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The States
Offline
Posted 10/23/16
There is nothing original under the sun so I ain't gonna rate originality, but rather how complete and interesting the characters are.

My characters are going to be D&D NPCs that I use in the game I run.

Avangelina is a 7/10, she seems like she could be fun to play or watch. No unnecessary lists of goofy powers, that's nice. Some of her character traits don't seem to match her age but that's forgivable considering everything else is realistic.

Character name: Candidacy (Candy) Brightthorn, Halfling Priest of the god of mirrors

Age: roughly 30 human equivalent

Strengths: Candidacy is often publicly praised for embodying the ideals of her faith: reciprocity of kindness, shining light on those who are suffering, and speaking truth to power. She is gifted at getting donations and attention to her church, and to her credit has renewed local interest in the nearby Grand Stage Inn that can be viewed from her church rooftops. She spends her church's donations wisely and selflessly, and works from sunup to sundown every day.

Weaknesses: Candidacy fears (not completely without basis) that she and her church will become a political pawn if she embroils herself too much in worldly affairs, and errs on the side of non-involvement in contested issues. She has made a few bad decisions and lost the support of some allies because she was seeking to avoid making enemies. She has a soft spot for the sweet treats of her namesake as well, and her otherwise neat office is sometimes littered with small candy wrappers that she embarrassingly sweeps aside when called on by a visitor.
42262 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The States
Offline
Posted 10/23/16
Character name: Patir Evitt
Occupation: Halfling dilettante and explorer

Age: 22 human equivalent (deceased)

Strengths: Patir was a born explorer. Early on in life he repeatedly wandered away from home despite the best (low by normal standards) effort of his parents and wound up knowing his home island by heart from a young age. Luckily he had a keen sense of danger and a feeling for when his luck was riding high, and never seemed to suffer more than a few scrapes, even when stowing away on a goblin pirate vessel to reach the greater expanses of the Great Chain. As he began to mature, his method of exploration became more methodical and he became a very gifted map maker and navigator. Even in his death at the hands of a mysterious cult, he left behind a treasure of knowledge for future generations. If Patir's bones are brought for resurrection, he will happily accompany the party as a navigator, and reveal a secret about what killed him.. and is threatening to kill again.

Weaknesses: Patir was methodical and careful as he matured, but he could never give up on a goal once he had his heart set on it, even if it should have been obvious that the best approach would be to run away. This got him in hot water several times, as is evidenced by his journal, and it ultimately killed him.

Fun Fact: Patir turned down the most beautiful halfling girl on the island because of a clinical anhedonia that manifested when he was stuck indoors. He suffered from a brain chemistry imbalance that caused him to suffer from terrible depression unless he could see the sun, moon and stars.
42391 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 10/23/16

machinaprecis wrote:

Character name: Patir Evitt
Occupation: Halfling dilettante and explorer

Age: 22 human equivalent (deceased)

Strengths: Patir was a born explorer. Early on in life he repeatedly wandered away from home despite the best (low by normal standards) effort of his parents and wound up knowing his home island by heart from a young age. Luckily he had a keen sense of danger and a feeling for when his luck was riding high, and never seemed to suffer more than a few scrapes, even when stowing away on a goblin pirate vessel to reach the greater expanses of the Great Chain. As he began to mature, his method of exploration became more methodical and he became a very gifted map maker and navigator. Even in his death at the hands of a mysterious cult, he left behind a treasure of knowledge for future generations. If Patir's bones are brought for resurrection, he will happily accompany the party as a navigator, and reveal a secret about what killed him.. and is threatening to kill again.

Weaknesses: Patir was methodical and careful as he matured, but he could never give up on a goal once he had his heart set on it, even if it should have been obvious that the best approach would be to run away. This got him in hot water several times, as is evidenced by his journal, and it ultimately killed him.

Fun Fact: Patir turned down the most beautiful halfling girl on the island because of a clinical anhedonia that manifested when he was stuck indoors. He suffered from a brain chemistry imbalance that caused him to suffer from terrible depression unless he could see the sun, moon and stars.


Wait a minute! You can't post twice like that. You'll have to wait until someone else post then you post again.
42262 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The States
Offline
Posted 10/23/16
Another halfling, lol if you can't tell this game is halfling-centric

Character Name: Bab Windmere
Age: 14 human equivalent
Occupation: Bridesmaid, currently. Training to become a spice vendor

Strengths: Bab looks up to her older sister Marta and has been trying her best to ensure that their politically inconvenient marriage goes off without a hitch, despite the meddling of her wealthy parents who would rather see Marta end up with a well-bred boy. Despite her poor health, Bab has personally acted as bridesmaid, wedding planner, and diplomat. She is quite plain but her straightforward nature invites interest from a few youngsters. She is not afraid of risk as long as she is helping someone she cares about, but knows when she is out of her depth and is unafraid to ask for help.

Weaknessess: Don't read this, sweetheart, unless you want spoilers. Bab's health is very poor; she has chronic breathing difficulties that can only be temporarily relieved with rare herbs that grow in sheltered coastal pools kissed by moonlight. She often ignores her health when pursuing something she cares about, which has caused her to need help from the party on more than one occasion. While she maintains a cheerful face, her dreams tell her that her time is running out. When she passes out from her condition, she is visited by the cursed sea witches of Mu, who tell her that she has their royal blood and that her fate is to join them beneath the waves. She prays that she can at least see her sister wed before her nightmarish transformation occurs.
42262 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The States
Offline
Posted 10/23/16



Wait a minute! You can't post twice like that. You'll have to wait until someone else post then you post again.


F the police lol. No really, I'll pause my dump then, sorry
42391 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 10/23/16

machinaprecis wrote:




Wait a minute! You can't post twice like that. You'll have to wait until someone else post then you post again.


F the police lol. No really, I'll pause my dump then, sorry :D


4614 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 10/23/16 , edited 25 days ago
Oh, were we supposed to assign scores? I dunno, I think she sounds likeable, even though her title is a little redundant.

Name: Laric Gutthiud

Age: changes throughout the story.

Strengths: Like all of the characters to follow Praevar, Laric is trememndously strong and skilled. And like all of said followers he has his own grand ambitions: To conquer the darkness within himself and lead others down a noble and clean path in life, as he never had the chance to do. Before defecting to Praevar's group he is one of the highest ranking members in the obscenely bloodthirsty military of the gothic kingdom of Visistrea and one of the only living bloodhunters (a class of warrior exclusive to his kingdom) As a bloodhunter Laric posesses an almost unmatched offensive capability, and an above average agility as well. His bloodhunter abilities allow him to heal himself by shedding his opponents' blood and absorbing it, making him extremely volatile against opponents with weaker defenses. He posesses almost uncomparable stamina, and his pool of magic power is seemingly bottomless due to it also regenerating in proportion to the amount of carnage he causes. Despite his viciousness Laric is firmly devoted to those he considers his friends and will make any sacrifice necessary to protect them.

Weaknesses: Laric's biggest weakness in combat is his defences. Because bloodhunters must keep up a frightening image they wear imposing and powerful cloaks in lieu of protective armor, meaning Laric will never be able to take as much damage as his friends. This can of course be easily exploited given how easily he will take a hit for his friends in Praevar's army. And speaking of friends, he may be a loyal one, but it will be extremely hard for someone to get to that point, thanks in no small part to his cold and threatening exterior. As much as he is motivated by peace and selflessness, his nature as a bloodhunter compells him to violent actions and thoughts against his will, giving him a never ending thirst for blood that leaves him at a constant war against himself. Like Praevar he is also prone to being obsessive, sometumes losing sight of his goals to reunite with and save his best friend, who was also in the Visistranian military.

Occupation: Bloodhunter.

Fun fact: His bloodhunter status was only made achievable through gruesome inhumane experiments that would have left a lesser man dead or worse. His introduction is where the story officially get really really dark.
22215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 10/23/16 , edited 10/25/16
9/10, he seems like a loyal companion and someone who'd kick ass in a fight.

Character's Name: Miranda Reinhart

Age: Changes throughout the story, with the story beginning when she's fourteen, so we'll go with this version of her.

Strengths: Miranda is one of the most powerful espers in history, earning her place among the other s-class espers in the world. Her electrokinetic abilities are powerful and allows her to defend herself in a variety of different situations. She is also a great friend to those she calls one, casting her safety to aside in order to protect someone else and doing everything she can to help them. It's because of this that she's gained an extensive amount of allies.

Weakness: Miranda's power is also one of her greatest downfalls. She's unable to control her powers often and this can lead to a rare event that puts everyone around her in danger. Her powers make her a target for many scientists who want nothing more to experiment on her. She's rather blunt with her opinions and can't control her anger about certain topics, leading to her getting into a lot of trouble. She's also still a child, making her inexperienced and unable to handle certain situations. She can't even swim or be out in the rain long due to her lack of control over her abilities.

Occupation: Works part-time at a friend's coffee shop

Fun Fact: Huge video game/anime nerd and rather knowledgeable about naval ships and can be rather lazy at times, wants to become a manga artist when she finishes college.

I'm not very good at these kind of things and Miranda's much more complex than this but this is all I can manage, for now
42262 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The States
Offline
Posted 10/23/16
Miranda seems likeable. Be wary of "the most powerful x in history", it's overdone and most good stories give a character some growing room. it's good that you put inherent limits on the utility of the power!

Why would an esper work at a coffee shop? Not criticising, just curious. Flesh out ideas like "huge nerd", it's a start but most nerds are specifically into a few niche interests; think winry from fullmetal.
42262 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The States
Offline
Posted 10/23/16
Laric's world seems like it has some intersting things going on. I know he's driven to fight but what was he like before? It seems almost like you're designing a character from a fighting game standpoint which is fine if it's a war story. How does he combat his bloodlust? Does he have anything to anchor him in his better nature?

Sorry to post with no characters but I did my fair share already.
22215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 10/23/16 , edited 10/23/16

machinaprecis wrote:

Miranda seems likeable. Be wary of "the most powerful x in history", it's overdone and most good stories give a character some growing room. it's good that you put inherent limits on the utility of the power!

Why would an esper work at a coffee shop? Not criticising, just curious. Flesh out ideas like "huge nerd", it's a start but most nerds are specifically into a few niche interests; think winry from fullmetal.


Yeah, she's not gonna become the Goku of that universe, but she'll still be strong. The idea is that she's a character who's already powerful, but that power is locked away and she gains more of it as the story develops.

She works there because she needs to make money, experience, and because her friend begged her to. She lives in a world where espers aren't something special, rather commonplace. Everyone can become an esper if they had the money and time to.

Your average gaming and anime nerd, only living forty years into the future. She's also a big fan of naval crafts.
42262 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The States
Offline
Posted 10/23/16

MonkeysxMoo35 wrote:


machinaprecis wrote:

Miranda seems likeable. Be wary of "the most powerful x in history", it's overdone and most good stories give a character some growing room. it's good that you put inherent limits on the utility of the power!

Why would an esper work at a coffee shop? Not criticising, just curious. Flesh out ideas like "huge nerd", it's a start but most nerds are specifically into a few niche interests; think winry from fullmetal.


Yeah, she's not gonna become the Goku of that universe, but she'll still be strong. The idea is that she's a character who's already powerful, but that power is locked away and she gains more of it as the story develops.

She works there because she needs to make money, experience, and because her friend begged her to. She lives in a world where espers aren't something special, rather commonplace. Everyone can become an esper if they had the money and time to.

Your average gaming and anime nerd, only living forty years into the future. She's also a big fan of naval crafts.


The interest in naval crafts is a nice touch, for someone who can't go into water but wishes they could it brings a charming vulnerability.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.