First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
I am gonna be nice from now on
Posted 10/26/16

HideyoshiJP wrote:


xnebul4 wrote:

K. Be a doormat then.


Hey, dude. Being nice and asserting yourself are not mutually exclusive. Anyway, OP, better to do than to say. Start with those in your life, rather than Hitler...


Hitler was never a doormat.
359 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Playstation VR
Offline
Posted 10/26/16

xnebul4 wrote:


HideyoshiJP wrote:


xnebul4 wrote:

K. Be a doormat then.


Hey, dude. Being nice and asserting yourself are not mutually exclusive. Anyway, OP, better to do than to say. Start with those in your life, rather than Hitler...


Hitler was never a doormat.


I dunno. He never had much with Microsoft when his Xbox Live account got banned. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfkDxF2kn1I
Posted 10/26/16

HideyoshiJP wrote:


xnebul4 wrote:


HideyoshiJP wrote:


xnebul4 wrote:

K. Be a doormat then.


Hey, dude. Being nice and asserting yourself are not mutually exclusive. Anyway, OP, better to do than to say. Start with those in your life, rather than Hitler...


Hitler was never a doormat.


I dunno. He never had much with Microsoft when his Xbox Live account got banned. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfkDxF2kn1I


The Jews did it.
8800 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 10/27/16
I'll be nice as long as you are.
I'll try to be the better person in an argument and give in.

But people have their limits.
Sometimes, being TOO NICE is wrong too.

They tend to take advantage of your kindness for their own gain.
It's sickening. It's exhausting.

Nevertheless, stay who you are and try to make this world a better place.
23044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 10/27/16

VeggyZ wrote:

I think you should be nice. It's a good thing. It will get you taken advantage of, but at least you'll feel like your existence is more than just a hindrance to everyone else.

I feel bad when I'm disrespectful to people and I know that they feel even worse. It's lose-lose.

The exception is when they're irredeemable - sometimes being mean to those people makes me feel like the hero - even if that's not what it looks like to everyone else who sees what I say. It's still pretty shallow, I recognize that, but youtubers tend to push my buttons haha... I'm nice almost everywhere else... it's youtube that makes people mean.


How does being nice cause you to be taken advantage of? Being a sucker will cause you to be taken advantage of not being nice.
Posted 10/27/16

thekevin4 wrote:

in this thread... exists... no fuck... which I give...


It's best to just be charmingly honest like this guy lmao
3358 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / North Dakota
Offline
Posted 10/28/16

Rujikin wrote:

How does being nice cause you to be taken advantage of? Being a sucker will cause you to be taken advantage of not being nice.


Because when you're nice, people who are out to take advantage of people will pick up on it, and suddenly you're swamped in them. It doesn't mean you have to be a blissful idiot and let them, but it will definitely happen when people start thinking you're nice. They'll try to take everything they can before you put a stop to it.
5022 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Finland
Offline
Posted 10/28/16 , edited 10/28/16
I'm, much like my profile says, a nice guy. I gladly help anyone i know, whenever i can, however i can. Simple as that. Of course, i know that such kindness can be bad since some can use that as an advantage and i have (some) experience of that, though in my case, it happens rarely.
23044 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 10/28/16

VeggyZ wrote:


Rujikin wrote:

How does being nice cause you to be taken advantage of? Being a sucker will cause you to be taken advantage of not being nice.


Because when you're nice, people who are out to take advantage of people will pick up on it, and suddenly you're swamped in them. It doesn't mean you have to be a blissful idiot and let them, but it will definitely happen when people start thinking you're nice. They'll try to take everything they can before you put a stop to it.


That is called being a sucker not being nice. Being nice means you treat people with respect and help then when you can. A sucker lets others drain him of everything they have.
3358 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M / North Dakota
Offline
Posted 10/28/16 , edited 10/28/16

Rujikin wrote:


VeggyZ wrote:


Rujikin wrote:

How does being nice cause you to be taken advantage of? Being a sucker will cause you to be taken advantage of not being nice.


Because when you're nice, people who are out to take advantage of people will pick up on it, and suddenly you're swamped in them. It doesn't mean you have to be a blissful idiot and let them, but it will definitely happen when people start thinking you're nice. They'll try to take everything they can before you put a stop to it.


That is called being a sucker not being nice. Being nice means you treat people with respect and help then when you can. A sucker lets others drain him of everything they have.


I'm not talking about allowing someone to do so - they will try. That's fact. That's what it gets you. If you show the inclination, they will absolutely pounce, every time.
40248 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Your friendly nei...
Offline
Posted 10/28/16

HeartDisease wrote:


thekevin4 wrote:

in this thread... exists... no fuck... which I give...


It's best to just be charmingly honest like this guy lmao


I appreciate your appreciation of my charming honesty.
2354 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 10/28/16 , edited 10/28/16
Good luck! ^^
22474 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 10/28/16
I don't think there's such thing as being "too nice". I think there's a difference between being nice and being a doormat, they aren't one and the same, you can be nice to someone and withdraw your trust in them if they abuse it, that's not not being nice, it's not giving in to toxicity. If someone tells me to do something and then calls me something like "bitch" or "slut", it's not the 'nice' thing to do to just be like 'lol okay', that just makes it seem like it's okay to do that to me, or to any other women or girl. The nicest thing I can do is just tell him he's an asshole and leave, cause then I'm removing myself and ending any relations with him and also hopefully have made him think twice about how he treats people.
26891 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/30/16
Nah! To troll ppl on net is funnier, specially if they deserve it so yeah!
119219 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 12/20/17
Year-end cleanup. Closing threads with no new posts since 12/31/2016.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.