Created by Dogempire
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply If you died, would you become a ghost if given the option?
Posted 10/27/16 , edited 10/30/16
destruction of soul implies violation of conservation of energy :P

you are not your body, at any rate
Posted 10/27/16

AnimeAddictANN69 wrote:

ghost? there's no such thing


maybe if you've never had any sort of experiences with 'em, ya might think that. our eyes see a tiny slice of the electromagnetic spectrum.

if you really want to prove it to yourself, there's plenty of haunted as fk places around you can go visit, just make sure you dont bring *anything* back from those places. go tell 'em how they're bs, and see if ya dont leave thinking a little differently
464 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Houston
Offline
Posted 10/27/16
Mhmmm I would just move things from where they were by a few inches just to drive people who pay attention to that sort of thing absolutely bonkers.
1558 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 10/27/16
13496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Scotland
Offline
Posted 10/29/16
I feel as if it would be my responsibility to guide my descendants if I were given the choice. I'd serve as a kind of guardian angel to whatever family member I consider the kindest and most deserving - preferably to the entire family if I could. I mean, we could end up dying out after a while and I'd end up with a lot of time that I would just spend meditating but seeing as I still have an end, I'd accept the responsibility of making sure that my family is happy.
Vahvi 
3142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Ever Changing
Online
Posted 10/29/16 , edited 10/29/16
It really depends on if I'll be eternally bound as one. I don't want to exist forever so i'd like to eventually die for good or reincarnate (it's essentially the same thing to me)
1828 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Finland
Offline
Posted 10/30/16
Instead of choosing to become a ghost, maybe i would choose to let my soul wander off or something.
Posted 10/30/16
If there are other ghosts to communicate with, then sure.
If not, I'd rather not...being the only ghost that can't talk to people seems lonely. I don't deal with loneliness very well...
99757 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F / London, England, UK
Offline
Posted 10/30/16
I've always liked the idea of being/becoming a ghost/spirit
1566 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/30/16 , edited 10/30/16

RaisedInACult wrote:


AnimeAddictANN69 wrote:

ghost? there's no such thing


maybe if you've never had any sort of experiences with 'em, ya might think that. our eyes see a tiny slice of the electromagnetic spectrum.

if you really want to prove it to yourself, there's plenty of haunted as fk places around you can go visit, just make sure you dont bring *anything* back from those places. go tell 'em how they're bs, and see if ya dont leave thinking a little differently


i would like to recommend this movie for you

The Others
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0230600/

trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu494-Dr5po

it's an old movie but it's not bad

i played with the ouija board at places where people died when i was young...nothing followed me home

i have work.. i can't be driving around going ghost hunting.. pretty sure they have some tv shows about ghost hunting already..

so no.. count me as a non-believer on the ghost topic
3376 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / In a Yaoi Fanfic
Online
Posted 10/30/16 , edited 10/30/16

BlueOni wrote:

I'm not sure I understand the dilemma. I'm presented with the choice of either becoming a ghost and effectively receiving super powers and a 100,000 year life span boost or vanishing from existence entirely on the spot. Why wouldn't I choose to be a ghost under those circumstances?


It's not really superpowers, it's just that you can't be seen or interact with the world minus 10 minutes per day, and for 23 hours and 50 minutes you're invisible and intangible.

3376 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / In a Yaoi Fanfic
Online
Posted 10/30/16

NyxUlric wrote:

If there are other ghosts to communicate with, then sure.
If not, I'd rather not...being the only ghost that can't talk to people seems lonely. I don't deal with loneliness very well...


You can interact with other ghosts, but the only ones you can truly befriend are the roaming ones, the ones who haunt houses or objects are too insane for meaningful interaction for a myriad of reasons, including being too busy re-enacting their death or not realizing they're dead and being afraid for their life for eternity.

3376 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / In a Yaoi Fanfic
Online
Posted 10/30/16

Vahvi wrote:

It really depends on if I'll be eternally bound as one. I don't want to exist forever so i'd like to eventually die for good or reincarnate (it's essentially the same thing to me)


I put 100,000 years because I figure that ghosts would eventually disappear, I just don't know how long it takes.

Posted 10/30/16

Dogempire wrote:


NyxUlric wrote:

If there are other ghosts to communicate with, then sure.
If not, I'd rather not...being the only ghost that can't talk to people seems lonely. I don't deal with loneliness very well...


You can interact with other ghosts, but the only ones you can truly befriend are the roaming ones, the ones who haunt houses or objects are too insane for meaningful interaction for a myriad of reasons, including being too busy re-enacting their death or not realizing they're dead and being afraid for their life for eternity.



Have you been dead before?
3489 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23
Offline
Posted 10/30/16
Deciding based on the parameters the OP set, I think I would travel and think of fun things to do like scare people (some people are such ninnies with this stuff) and just generally play around having fun. Although I might not travel far at first, things nearby I might want to watch or mess with.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.