First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Why is Naruto so popular compared to other Anime?
11680 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Cali
Offline
Posted 11/26/06
naruto is not better compared to you guys but to me it is.
FTO
4181 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / 大阪、日本
Offline
Posted 11/26/06
Heres the simple reason its known so much.....
-Its a show that is continues with so many episodes.. meaning people could enjoy so many episodes without having to worry about how many episodes are left.
-Its a anime show that is for boys and girls......
-Easy story understanding... meaning you dont have to think while watching it... (some people some time prefer anime that makes you think a little)
-Has continues fighting scenes..... makes this popular because people like fighting anime, but they never last long...
-If its an anime you start watching... you continue on without watching others (not everyone of course. just some) and that makes you "narutards" - just borrowing the word from the man who made it lol (forgot who though)
-ETC..ETC.. Also many naruto fans, just watch that anime and doesnt know that there are many other anime waaaaaay better than naruto. (or if they have, it really is a small amount.... Many people who doesnt like naruto has watched so many others anime, that they know that naruto is really stupid)
161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F
Offline
Posted 11/26/06

Ktito wrote:


arx7arbalest wrote:
How about the fact that people hate Sakura. If you hate the man characters that means that the writers did a poor job creating him/her. If you like the secondary characters, that is pathetic. That means you will like a character that will ultimately be a loser or someone that barely matters.


Agreed. Well said Arx.


naruto has a crapload of characters. disliking one doesnt mean anything. D:

and naruto is funnier than bleach.
15944 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/26/06
Okay here is why I think Naruto is popular Naruto has liek a hundred characters and character is so well defined and so deifferent that people who have different choice in characters fid seomthing they like and call me wierd but the part I love the most in Naruto is when he is underestimated all the time and he always comes back and kicks ass
55072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 11/26/06

lune wrote:


Ktito wrote:


arx7arbalest wrote:
How about the fact that people hate Sakura. If you hate the man characters that means that the writers did a poor job creating him/her. If you like the secondary characters, that is pathetic. That means you will like a character that will ultimately be a loser or someone that barely matters.


Agreed. Well said Arx.


naruto has a crapload of characters. disliking one doesnt mean anything. D:

and naruto is funnier than bleach.


You obviously didn't read that correctly. I said that it's sad that one of the main characters is hated while a secondary character is praised. That is pathetic. You poor poor Narutard. It sucks get over it.
89 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Chicopee
Offline
Posted 11/27/06

cbisram wrote:

hahaha Mushroom jay. You kill me, you're the only person to get it right so far.

"NARUTO's story line: Become the best/Become Hokage
Pokemon's story line: Become the best/catch 'em all
One Pieces story line: Become the best/King of Pirates"

that's classic.


me and my friends discuss that at lunch, lmao, we always said naruto is the one peice ninja>_<
2691 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / "Podunk USA" Brun...
Offline
Posted 11/27/06

arx7arbalest wrote:
The anime fad nowadays is shounen like mech was about 15 years ago. Also, Naruto's plot is horrible. Not average. Not decent. Just plain horrible. Mushroom Jay already pointed out the plot of Naruto. Character development? Naruto has only developed himself physically. Other than that, he is the same dumb kid he has always been. Just because someone says they are maturing doesn't mean they actually are. I have also heard some bad examples of overrated anime. Elfen Lied was yes overrated, but better than Naruto. Trinity Blood is not overrated because people ONLY say its decent. One Piece IS overrated and horrible. Rahxephon, well the person that said this was overrated saw episode 10 and assumed that he understood that plot. Rahxephon IS indeed a masterpiece and I know its not as good as Evangelion, but it is by no means overrated. Rahxephon and Evas plots aren't even close to being similar, but everyone that hangs on EVAS balls for so long just watches one episode and thinks that its the same. Back to the topic. Naruto sucks because the plot is horrible and the script writing is even worse. "My way of the ninja" is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Believe it.
Outside of Naruto's plot is the rivalry between Naruto and Sasuke. Too bad that Sasuke is one cocky ass dickhole for the beginning of the series who assumes that Naruto is weak. That left Naruto time for him to catch up. I've seen better rivalries is Hikaru No Go. How about the fact that there is more people that like the secondary characters over the main characters. How about the fact that people hate Sakura. If you hate the man characters that means that the writers did a poor job creating him/her. If you like the secondary characters, that is pathetic. That means you will like a character that will ultimately be a loser or someone that barely matters.


No, Elfen Lied is not better, it is the phoniest show I've seen all year! At least Naruto doesn't pretend to be deep, it is just a shounen, and a decent one at that. Just like Rorouni Kenshin, in popularity, if Kenshin hadn't been on television it would have a smaller fanbase, too(considering Tenshi Muyo is it's competition). The hardcore fans that say this is the best show ever are the ones who give overrated shows such disdain.
And no, Naruto doesn't have any character development, it has character VARIETY, no two characters are alike. And they have to get a point, because the main characters don't dominate the plot like every other show. That is how any decent show picks up a broad fanbase.
Scriptwriting is cheesy, until the high-quality fights. Maybe that is a budget issue.
That Sasuke rivalry is in EVERY shounen. Yu Yu Hakusho and Hiei, Vegeta and Goku, Kenshin and the guy who led the ninja group. That makes them average not crappy.

My anime club has seen 1-10 of RahXephon, it's become a game of ours to count the ripoff scenes(minimum of 5 distinct ones per ep.) Even the fans of that show say it is a remake of EVA, and a boring one at that. Deal with it! To make it a masterpiece they would actually have to have some creative fights and end some of the damn conversations logically(the bar scene when the cop talked about his dad giving him a white knife, PISSED OFF EVERYBODY, that was indeed the most stupid moment ever animated!!). The "Rei" chick and her random poetry, the aimless angst because NO ONE DIES DAMMIT! The list continues but, when I finish this and they haven't spent 3 episodes covering the "tuning the world" main plot line, I WILL BE PISSED!
You are clearly a newer anime fan who has fallen in love with this gorgeous show, but like most gorgeous women, it's all looks, no brains.
199 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / ...none of your b...
Offline
Posted 11/27/06
No one in the forum is wright our wrong. It's all about opinon what is good to someone might not be good for someone else. I personally like Naruto, but it's not the best anime out there. However that is my own personal opion
7155 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / too boring
Offline
Posted 11/27/06
It doesn't matter wich language you speak or what manga/anime site you visit, Naruto seems to be on roll. I gave it a chance to find what the fuss was all about, thinking DBZ or Pokemon. But this show is really great, if you disregard the fillers.

I can't help it but there are so many Naruto characters that are competing for the favorite anime characters, so much that I am somtimes ashamed of it. And that didn't have to do anything with the advertisement or overrating, I just plainly like it.
55072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 11/28/06

lusulpher wrote:
My anime club has seen 1-10 of RahXephon, it's become a game of ours to count the ripoff scenes(minimum of 5 distinct ones per ep.) Even the fans of that show say it is a remake of EVA, and a boring one at that. Deal with it! To make it a masterpiece they would actually have to have some creative fights and end some of the damn conversations logically(the bar scene when the cop talked about his dad giving him a white knife, PISSED OFF EVERYBODY, that was indeed the most stupid moment ever animated!!). The "Rei" chick and her random poetry, the aimless angst because NO ONE DIES DAMMIT! The list continues but, when I finish this and they haven't spent 3 episodes covering the "tuning the world" main plot line, I WILL BE PISSED!
You are clearly a newer anime fan who has fallen in love with this gorgeous show, but like most gorgeous women, it's all looks, no brains.


He called me new to anime? That's funny. I saw EVA when it came to America in the first week. You tell me that you saw EVA when it came in Japan then I know your full of shit. That would mean that you understood references from them when you were 7. I've said it a million times before. If the basic plot doesn't even parallel, then it's not a rip off. As far as who is a bigger anime fan, I've been reading your posts and your pretty much clueless in the basic anime world. "Start uploading before The Law of Ueki gets licensed." The Law of Ueki had DVDs out before you even said that. Thats pretty pathetic. Naruto DOES in fact try to be something its not. Adding several pointless episodes just to add a little bit of depth to a villain when they're entire rationale is off from the start. They choose to be bad why? Oh thats right, because they are lonely. Your kind of annoying really. Just like the characters in Naruto. You say a bunch of stuff to prove a point, but are pretty weak overall. Statements like "The bible is the best piece of literature ever and EVA is pretty much the bible on acid." Why is it on acid? You never mention why. You say a bunch of concrete facts about almost completely unrelated things and then turn it to look like fact. How about things like "How about you watch Elfen Lied and see how convenient the plot changes" or whatever. I already said that Elfen Lied was overrated. Elfen Lied is still better than Naruto. Why? Elfen Lied has a conclusion and saved myself years of waiting for a plot to even come together. How about things like "Naruto's arrogance is a flaw and tragic heroes are cool." That wasn't even intended to be a flaw and it was never even utilized other then a few clips for comedy. If anything, Naruto is understimated not the other way around. Its almost as if Naruto's arrogance is turned into self-confidence which gives him motivation to win. Your pretty much a whore for flawed heroes, that or you use it as an excuse to make crap look good. I have already taken the side of Elfen Lied being overrated countless times. It is a subpar plot. Ultimate weapon on the loose and taming the beast sort of crap. I would say that Elfen Lied tries hard to be deep, but Naruto does too and fails WAY HARDER. How about the script writing? "My Way of the ninja" and crap like that aren't even tolerated in a shounen. I didn't see lines that bad even in DBZ. You are right abouty some things though. That knife seen pissed me off. The thing is, that you have to finish Rahxephon to truly find the difference in Evangelion. It's pretty easy to identify from the beginning in terms of plot, but if you go even further to find the basic theme of the story. That theme is that humans cannot be coerced or controlled by any source of power. The themes are so different that it makes YOU and your friends look like idiots for not seeing that in the veteran community of anime fans. If Rahxephon is a "rip-off" then how can it take so much more from megazone 23?
Even EVA was influenced by megazone 23. I guess you haven't seen it because you haven't been watching anime that long. The most basic similarity of Rahxephon and Evangelion is that young boys pilot their parents mech. However, EVA took this from Mobile Suit Gundam who took that from Tesujin 28 and a few other shows way back in the old days. The ultimate difference between Rahxephon is that Rahxephon is more of entertainment then criticism toward humanity. I am not saying EVA was not entertaining. I am saying that EVA was also critical. Rahxephon was a positive outlook on humanity. That would have been a better argument for you to use if you only finished the series. How about the fact that you forgot to name similarites. You know, ones that actually matter instead of being a bunch of random details that hardly affect the plot. Maybe if you answered things more intelligently through your interpretation of Rahxephon rather than looking like partisan politician, then maybe I wouldn't be as close-minded to everything you say. Honestly your way too objective towards Rahxephon. Rahxephon IS a stand alone anime for entertainment. I never said it was better than Evangelion. Rahxephon will never be overrated, but rather always in the shadow of Evangelion because of people like you who have to compare every mech anime that makes you think to EVA. I realized I just made a long ass post about the differences between EVA and Rahxephon so I'll just make a new thread between the differences.
11659 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/28/06
damn arx7..
55072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 11/28/06
sorry
6326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Hogwarts
Offline
Posted 11/28/06

mushroomjay wrote:

NARUTO - Basically the most overrated anime in existance. More fanboy/girls than Inuyasha, more idiots watching it than DBZ... Naruto is as well where most of the newbie otaku's get their first taste of anime. As well, when otaku's get that first taste they may recive a deadly mind sickness "narutosis" which causes the victim's mind to overrate the NARUTO series, making it seem fifteen times of what the opposite of it is, a good anime. I suggest not sinking your teeth into NARUTO, there are much better starter anime out there; FMA, is a good one for example. Simple, clean, good story line, actually has a depthend story line, etc...

Simple again: NARUTO IS THE MOST OVERRATED ANIME IN EXISTANCE. The truth is it's really bad, the characters are static, the story line is.. Nearly existant, and the victim's of narutosis are everywhere! >_<


HAHAHA.. thats so true. Naruto is my first anime... but im not one of those Narutards....
3353 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Azeroth
Offline
Posted 11/28/06
hahahaha arx7 post was enormus

....and yeah naruto is tight and it is probably one of my favs

but i agree with bellus im not a narutard
2743 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 11/28/06
well i have to admit naruto was a bad ass anime when it started but after the bridge fight it just started runing down hill. One of the best fights was when sasuke and naruto did the shadow windmill shurkin
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.