First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Why is Naruto so popular compared to other Anime?
11659 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/28/06
your wish is my command my noobie-wan^
14495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Way of The Ninja...
Offline
Posted 11/28/06

mushroomjay wrote:


xDanteDarkAngelx wrote:


mushroomjay wrote:

NARUTO - Basically the most overrated anime in existance. More fanboy/girls than Inuyasha, more idiots watching it than DBZ... Naruto is as well where most of the newbie otaku's get their first taste of anime. As well, when otaku's get that first taste they may recive a deadly mind sickness "narutosis" which causes the victim's mind to overrate the NARUTO series, making it seem fifteen times of what the opposite of it is, a good anime. I suggest not sinking your teeth into NARUTO, there are much better starter anime out there; FMA, is a good one for example. Simple, clean, good story line, actually has a depthend story line, etc...

Simple again: NARUTO IS THE MOST OVERRATED ANIME IN EXISTANCE. The truth is it's really bad, the characters are static, the story line is.. Nearly existant, and the victim's of narutosis are everywhere! >_<



I'm sorry but i really fucking hate you, piss off u tart

first of all about 50% of the members of CR watch naruto maybe more than that, and it's one of the most popular animes on CR, not to mention the entire internet (popular all over the world) so how can u sit there and say it has no story line? u need to cut ur self more often. yeah there are very good animes out there, as good as naruto but i belive as a true fan (been a fan since it came out in japan) that u cant sterotype one of the greastest animes(my f***ing opinion, every1 has there opinions about anime, but mushroom's gay ass went too far). ha, i bet u havent even watched more than 20 episodes.


Question:

where do you get the idea that you can go off flaming someone with your bad grammar?

Anyway, I've decided to respond to your post the way I do when I try to get my opinion across. Simply and in a list.

first of all about 50% of the members of CR watch naruto maybe more than that - True, but if it's popular that doesn't make it good.

so how can u sit there and say it has no story line? - I didn't. I said it had very little of a story line, if any. The base storyline is simple and rather.. Well boring. Repetitive too. However the complex branches of the storyline (akatsuki's plan, etc...) are entertaining.

u need to cut ur self more often. yeah there are very good animes out there, as good as naruto but i belive as a true fan - I don't cut myself. I fap to release stress. In fact it's a very good way to do it. As well, I'm glad you stated there are very good anime's out there, ones better than NARUTO, as any decent critic would have said.

that u cant sterotype one of the greastest animes - But you can stereotype gays? You should be ashamed of yourself.

ha, i bet u havent even watched more than 20 episodes. - Watched upto the filler arc, then I continued with the manga. Knowing there is no point in watching the fillers, I just read the manga. In fact, I just got past the part where Azuma dies, and Shikamaru picks up smoking.

Proved you wrong - No?


Why do we make such a big deal about this. People like Naruto and Bleach people like other anime's as well. Who really cares? Does it mean this much to you to prove something wrong on the internet to someone you will more than likely ever meet on something so trivial?

Anyway Lots of great animes out there and I put Naruto and Bleach on the shelf as good but not great. But it is popular because it is simple. You dont have to have an overly complicated and highly confusing anime but a nice and simple one will do.
Also it has a good plot. It does throw in some twists.

Plus ninjas are sweet. Sorry but it is true and with the extremely exciting fights and the low but still some amount of dying in the series makes it dangerous and a little bit less predictable. You may not agree with me but I dont care. The characters do have some development on Naruto and maybe there are a lot of threads on it because of its popularity. So many have seen it that it is relatable to a very large audience. So all of you haters calm down.

11659 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/28/06
don't hate da playa, hate da game
fo shizzle Naruto my nizzle
11659 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/28/06
honestly you shouldn't apologize mushroom jay, the thread title IS
Why is Naruto very Popular compared to other ANIME??

and this is an anime forum where we're suppossed to discuss things like this

definition of forum:

1. the marketplace or public square of an ancient Roman city, the center of judicial and business affairs and a place of assembly for the people.
2. a court or tribunal: the forum of public opinion.
3. an assembly, meeting place, television program, etc., for the discussion of questions of public interest.
4. the Forum, the forum in the ancient city of Rome.

pay special emphasis to point 2 quater.*

This is an anime site, and a thread focused solely on why Naruto is popular compared to other anime, its only logical that if someone disagrees, they can voice their opinion on the 'forum', even if it is 'trivial'
moomoo 
11576 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / United States
Offline
Posted 11/28/06
anyone who likes naruto is a narutard, enough said
2691 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / "Podunk USA" Brun...
Offline
Posted 11/28/06

arx7arbalest wrote:


lusulpher wrote:
My anime club has seen 1-10 of RahXephon, it's become a game of ours to count the ripoff scenes(minimum of 5 distinct ones per ep.) Even the fans of that show say it is a remake of EVA, and a boring one at that. Deal with it! To make it a masterpiece they would actually have to have some creative fights and end some of the damn conversations logically(the bar scene when the cop talked about his dad giving him a white knife, PISSED OFF EVERYBODY, that was indeed the most stupid moment ever animated!!). The "Rei" chick and her random poetry, the aimless angst because NO ONE DIES DAMMIT! The list continues but, when I finish this and they haven't spent 3 episodes covering the "tuning the world" main plot line, I WILL BE PISSED!
You are clearly a newer anime fan who has fallen in love with this gorgeous show, but like most gorgeous women, it's all looks, no brains.


He called me new to anime? That's funny. I saw EVA when it came to America in the first week. You tell me that you saw EVA when it came in Japan then I know your full of shit. That would mean that you understood references from them when you were 7. I've said it a million times before. If the basic plot doesn't even parallel, then it's not a rip off. As far as who is a bigger anime fan, I've been reading your posts and your pretty much clueless in the basic anime world. "Start uploading before The Law of Ueki gets licensed." The Law of Ueki had DVDs out before you even said that. Thats pretty pathetic. Naruto DOES in fact try to be something its not. Adding several pointless episodes just to add a little bit of depth to a villain when they're entire rationale is off from the start. They choose to be bad why? Oh thats right, because they are lonely. Your kind of annoying really. Just like the characters in Naruto. You say a bunch of stuff to prove a point, but are pretty weak overall. Statements like "The bible is the best piece of literature ever and EVA is pretty much the bible on acid." Why is it on acid? You never mention why. You say a bunch of concrete facts about almost completely unrelated things and then turn it to look like fact. How about things like "How about you watch Elfen Lied and see how convenient the plot changes" or whatever. I already said that Elfen Lied was overrated. Elfen Lied is still better than Naruto. Why? Elfen Lied has a conclusion and saved myself years of waiting for a plot to even come together. How about things like "Naruto's arrogance is a flaw and tragic heroes are cool." That wasn't even intended to be a flaw and it was never even utilized other then a few clips for comedy. If anything, Naruto is understimated not the other way around. Its almost as if Naruto's arrogance is turned into self-confidence which gives him motivation to win. Your pretty much a whore for flawed heroes, that or you use it as an excuse to make crap look good. I have already taken the side of Elfen Lied being overrated countless times. It is a subpar plot. Ultimate weapon on the loose and taming the beast sort of crap. I would say that Elfen Lied tries hard to be deep, but Naruto does too and fails WAY HARDER. How about the script writing? "My Way of the ninja" and crap like that aren't even tolerated in a shounen. I didn't see lines that bad even in DBZ. You are right abouty some things though. That knife seen pissed me off. The thing is, that you have to finish Rahxephon to truly find the difference in Evangelion. It's pretty easy to identify from the beginning in terms of plot, but if you go even further to find the basic theme of the story. That theme is that humans cannot be coerced or controlled by any source of power. The themes are so different that it makes YOU and your friends look like idiots for not seeing that in the veteran community of anime fans. If Rahxephon is a "rip-off" then how can it take so much more from megazone 23?
Even EVA was influenced by megazone 23. I guess you haven't seen it because you haven't been watching anime that long. The most basic similarity of Rahxephon and Evangelion is that young boys pilot their parents mech. However, EVA took this from Mobile Suit Gundam who took that from Tesujin 28 and a few other shows way back in the old days. The ultimate difference between Rahxephon is that Rahxephon is more of entertainment then criticism toward humanity. I am not saying EVA was not entertaining. I am saying that EVA was also critical. Rahxephon was a positive outlook on humanity. That would have been a better argument for you to use if you only finished the series. How about the fact that you forgot to name similarites. You know, ones that actually matter instead of being a bunch of random details that hardly affect the plot. Maybe if you answered things more intelligently through your interpretation of Rahxephon rather than looking like partisan politician, then maybe I wouldn't be as close-minded to everything you say. Honestly your way too objective towards Rahxephon. Rahxephon IS a stand alone anime for entertainment. I never said it was better than Evangelion. Rahxephon will never be overrated, but rather always in the shadow of Evangelion because of people like you who have to compare every mech anime that makes you think to EVA. I realized I just made a long ass post about the differences between EVA and Rahxephon so I'll just make a new thread between the differences.


You fucking did it again you flaming jackass!!
I asked nicely that you break your post apart using paragraphs, and you show me you just spout crap through your facehole.

You have some valid points in there(I think) but I just can't process you epileptic fits(I'm not Superman )

What the hell is with you quote my least covered OPINIONS, have you really been reading my posts or are you pissed because when I do explain something, only intelligent people can reply without flaming and being opinionated pricks like you?

If you wanted to know what I meant by the Bible opinion, why didn't you PM or post?

I also posted that I am not an anime fanboy, I don't care when a show comes out, if I watch it and it holds it own to standard live action plots and imagery, I can defend it.

And I am being TOO fair to RahXepon, we watched episode 12 yesterday, and we finally agreed it wasn't entertaining, all it was doing was giving as much mindfuck as possible, and calling it ENTERTAINMENT!(Paranoia Agent is entertaining mindfuck) I still watch it to see when they are going to be original or clever, and I have invested too much time to stop now.
But people keep saying it will be awesome at the end, that is an automatic fail on my scale, you only have 3 episodes to catch my attention, and the halfway point to open a Pandora's Box of clever plotlines(Deathnote right off the bat). RahXephon has yet to do anything new at episode 12!

If Megazone 23 is old and influential, why hasn't someone recommended it to me? Evangelion is clearly influenced by many animes and many religions, political situations, psychological theories, medical theories and some personal events.
That is an homage to living, but when someone does the same thing using only Eva(or another show) as their homage, they are plagerizing(FLCL doesn't fall into that trap, they homage to many shows, but move on to their own style, that's called being cultured ).

If you don't know the difference between homage and plagerism, I suggest you redefine your ratings system. Here's a nice tip, if you can tell me Elfen Lied is less overrated than Naruto, then you clearly missed what they were going for in Elfen Lied.
It was the end of Humanity because of diclonius, and they ended the show like if the threat was removed, when they were still random ones occurring the world over!(GAPING PLOTHOLE AND THE EPITOME OF WEAK WRITING)

At least in Naruto world, it is only their village, and Naruto is still continuing, so they can conclude properly. I personally might not be watching if it fails to hold my interest, after all the haven't opened any new shounen ideas to me. Average as average can be.
613 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / I'll tell if you...
Offline
Posted 11/28/06
NARUTO SUX
14495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Way of The Ninja...
Offline
Posted 11/28/06

cbisram wrote:

honestly you shouldn't apologize mushroom jay, the thread title IS
Why is Naruto very Popular compared to other ANIME??

and this is an anime forum where we're suppossed to discuss things like this

definition of forum:

1. the marketplace or public square of an ancient Roman city, the center of judicial and business affairs and a place of assembly for the people.
2. a court or tribunal: the forum of public opinion.
3. an assembly, meeting place, television program, etc., for the discussion of questions of public interest.
4. the Forum, the forum in the ancient city of Rome.

pay special emphasis to point 2 quater.*

This is an anime site, and a thread focused solely on why Naruto is popular compared to other anime, its only logical that if someone disagrees, they can voice their opinion on the 'forum', even if it is 'trivial'


Well Lord Cbisram who knows quite so much I am not disagreeing with you but people have been complaining here and everywhere for at least since I joined CR. People arent getting anything done by this either. If they wanted to stop it since it is so bad then stop it. Make threads with anime names that people who have seen the anime will understand those who havent will avoid it. Then 'Narutards' will no longer be in your threads. However if you are constantly in the Naruto threads bumming about Naruto then you are achieving little. And I wasnt saying they couldnt voice their opinion but long whining rants is fixing nothing is it? In fact after a lot of these type of threads and posts go up it seems to influx Naruto Threads being made because these get in the way of the Naruto likers of seeing the Naruto threads.
3353 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Azeroth
Offline
Posted 11/28/06
i think everybody who dosent think naruto is tight

is just jealous of its sexiness

yup

thats all it is

GOOOOOOOOOOOO
246 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / no where special
Offline
Posted 11/28/06
Dear god I haven't seen this much flamming in a while Well the thing is Naruto is a shounen and is very popular because shounen apeal to a wider range of people. I have seen all the episodes up to 200 where I gave up. Naruto is not the highest rated in anything except merchandise, it ranks with Pokemon and DBZ both I loved when I was 7 and 8 and that was when I didn't have much exposure to anime. Because its so marketable it gets more exposure to none anime fans who inturn watch it and since it was there first anime they consider it the best. Now that I compare those anime with a wider range of better anime like Rouroni Kenshin (discluding the dreaded third arc) and Outlaw Star, both of which are U.S. releases, I have relized it isn't the best but it is decent. I mean theres no reason to praise it beyond what it deserves opinion or not you can't say it is something its not...thats like saying a paint ball gun is better that an actual gun, no matter how much you like a paint ball gun it will never be better than an actual gun.

Also the being the best and becoming the pokemon master/ pirate king/ hokage and what not are the basic plots for any shounen. By definition most shounen are identified by a character that starts out weak and grows stronger as his journey progresses then theres the mini bosses in between plots, rivals ect. ect.
429 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / F / w/alot of bishounen
Offline
Posted 11/28/06
Yeah I agree. Things are getting really heated in here. Can't we all just respect each other's opinions? I personally think that Naruto is as popular as it is because it has alot of action and it appeals to alot of people. Those who like it for the storyline find it interesting as well. *sigh* But of course along with the lovers, there's gonna be the haters...
14495 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Way of The Ninja...
Offline
Posted 11/28/06

NagiTheSilent wrote:

Dear god I haven't seen this much flamming in a while Well the thing is Naruto is a shounen and is very popular because shounen apeal to a wider range of people. I have seen all the episodes up to 200 where I gave up. Naruto is not the highest rated in anything except merchandise, it ranks with Pokemon and DBZ both I loved when I was 7 and 8 and that was when I didn't have much exposure to anime. Because its so marketable it gets more exposure to none anime fans who inturn watch it and since it was there first anime they consider it the best. Now that I compare those anime with a wider range of better anime like Rouroni Kenshin (discluding the dreaded third arc) and Outlaw Star, both of which are U.S. releases, I have relized it isn't the best but it is decent. I mean theres no reason to praise it beyond what it deserves opinion or not you can't say it is something its not...thats like saying a paint ball gun is better that an actual gun, no matter how much you like a paint ball gun it will never be better than an actual gun.


That is where the term opinion comes in. A fact to you is an opinion but a fact to all is a fact?

You say paintball is not better than a gun. Fact
DBZ isnt the greatest anime. Opinion (though I totally agree)
but you cant speak for the universe because some do believe it is the best and some believe those "better anime" arent as good. Opinion. (btw I agree though)
11659 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/28/06
yes bowdown to your Lordship quater

No one said they wanted to 'stop' Naruto, most of us agree much like Nagi, that Naruto is decent, in fact that is exactly what I said if one read my earlier posts. Mushroom jay and others are merely deflating Narutard ego over their treasured gem .

In fact we are doing them a favor in the long run. When you and I were first watching DBZ or whatever mindless anime it was that brought us into the otaku flock, wouldn't you have liked an anime veteran to help show us the way and guide us to bigger and better anime, rather than believing the hype?

55072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 11/29/06

lusulpher wrote:

You fucking did it again you flaming jackass!!
I asked nicely that you break your post apart using paragraphs, and you show me you just spout crap through your facehole.

You have some valid points in there(I think) but I just can't process you epileptic fits(I'm not Superman )

What the hell is with you quote my least covered OPINIONS, have you really been reading my posts or are you pissed because when I do explain something, only intelligent people can reply without flaming and being opinionated pricks like you?

If you wanted to know what I meant by the Bible opinion, why didn't you PM or post?

I also posted that I am not an anime fanboy, I don't care when a show comes out, if I watch it and it holds it own to standard live action plots and imagery, I can defend it.

And I am being TOO fair to RahXepon, we watched episode 12 yesterday, and we finally agreed it wasn't entertaining, all it was doing was giving as much mindfuck as possible, and calling it ENTERTAINMENT!(Paranoia Agent is entertaining mindfuck) I still watch it to see when they are going to be original or clever, and I have invested too much time to stop now.
But people keep saying it will be awesome at the end, that is an automatic fail on my scale, you only have 3 episodes to catch my attention, and the halfway point to open a Pandora's Box of clever plotlines(Deathnote right off the bat). RahXephon has yet to do anything new at episode 12!

If Megazone 23 is old and influential, why hasn't someone recommended it to me? Evangelion is clearly influenced by many animes and many religions, political situations, psychological theories, medical theories and some personal events.
That is an homage to living, but when someone does the same thing using only Eva(or another show) as their homage, they are plagerizing(FLCL doesn't fall into that trap, they homage to many shows, but move on to their own style, that's called being cultured ).

If you don't know the difference between homage and plagerism, I suggest you redefine your ratings system. Here's a nice tip, if you can tell me Elfen Lied is less overrated than Naruto, then you clearly missed what they were going for in Elfen Lied.
It was the end of Humanity because of diclonius, and they ended the show like if the threat was removed, when they were still random ones occurring the world over!(GAPING PLOTHOLE AND THE EPITOME OF WEAK WRITING)

At least in Naruto world, it is only their village, and Naruto is still continuing, so they can conclude properly. I personally might not be watching if it fails to hold my interest, after all the haven't opened any new shounen ideas to me. Average as average can be.


Here you go. I quoted your whole damn statement. I only cut the quoting because it saves banwidth. Its a problem I discussed with Faelia. Epilectic fits? You obviously don't know what epileptic means because fits can't be epileptic.

No one can reply except intelligent people without flaming? Your statements are more out of sensation that actual intelligence.

How come a lot of your statements sound like something else I read over the internet. Trust me, I read them all the time because I always argue the same topic. How about the fact that your ideas of some anime paralell with some review I read on DVD verdict. Maybe you didn't see half of the things you said you did. I didn't care about why you think EVA is the bible on acid; it was just an example.

How was Rahxephon mindfuck. It was so easy to understand everything without multiple viewing. You do have to wrap your mind around it, but it was pretty easy to understand. I never said that you had to wait for the end of Rahxephon for it to be great. I said that its more apparent of what the series IS toward the end.

Who have you been talking to? If you haven't been reccomended Megazone 23, then you have noob friends. Of course, you might recognize it (or not) as the Robotech movie. However, the Robotech movie was just a remake with an entirely redone script toward the ending and several changes to the original.

As far as Elfen Lied is concerned, you obviously know nothing about it. I'm not saying analysis wise. I'm saying that the anime ending wasn't THE ending. It finishes in the manga. The violence was too much for little kids so they never went to season 2. That is why there is a huge uneplained plothole. I agree though that it wasn't that good. I commend it in atmosphere, but I said before it wasn't that great. As far as overrated goes, Naruto is so grossly advertised, praised, and whored over by the masses all over the world.

I admit that I was pissed. Why? Because you basically kept shitting on my thread. It was an opinion based thread and you kept telling people stuff like "cold" and "no." The only exception to that is if they state something that isn't finished. You can't have an unfinished anime as "Best anime." Not to mention your preachy demeanor. I did say "No its not" to tons of people on that thread, but that was because none of them seen any of the ones they mentioned to completion.
I am not gonna post anymore on this thread because cbisrasm's gonna get pissed at me. Besides, this thread always gets bumped by the time you reply and the time I get home due to the time diffence. We can PM about it, but its really flooded right now. You can post if you want and I'll try to look for it.
24982 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 11/29/06
hahah very true arguements lol .
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.