First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Male Crossplay Banned at Tokyo Comic-con
4573 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 10/27/16 , edited 10/27/16

Amyas_Leigh wrote:

Good.
If SJWs hadn't turned a mental illness into an 'identity' this rule probably never would've been made.


Are you once again claiming that transgenderism is a mental illness? Because if so, then I should point out I recall people have already shown you that it isn't. If you keep ignoring the obvious facts shown to you then you're right about someone here having a mental illness, but it's no the people crossplaying (which is different from transgenderism by the way)
35872 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Georgia, USA
Offline
Posted 10/27/16 , edited 10/27/16

octorockandroll wrote:

but it's no the people crossplaying (which is different from transgenderism by the way)


I don't remember having that convo, must've been someone else you're thinking of.
And I know crossdressing for cosplay isn't necessarily the mental illness of 'transgenderism', I was just speculating that the rules were made due to the anti lgbtqxyz-ness present in Japan.
4573 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 10/27/16 , edited 10/27/16

Amyas_Leigh wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

but it's no the people crossplaying (which is different from transgenderism by the way)


I don't remember having that convo, must've been someone else you're thinking of.
And I know crossdressing for cosplay isn't necessarily the mental illness of 'transgenderism', I was just speculating that the rules were made due to the anti lgbtqxyz-ness present in Japan.


Well sorry if I'm mistaking you or somebody else but transgenderism is not a mental illness, as there is no clear inherent link to psychopathology, and as another user pointed out the decision was most likely seen as a solution to japan's voyeurism problems
35872 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Georgia, USA
Offline
Posted 10/27/16 , edited 10/27/16

octorockandroll wrote:

and as another user pointed out the decision was most likely seen as a solution to japan's voyeurism problems


Kinda like anti trans bathroom laws in parts of the US

22087 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Online
Posted 10/27/16 , edited 10/27/16

Are you once again claiming that transgenderism is a mental illness? Because if so, then I should point out I recall people have already shown you that it isn't. If you keep ignoring the obvious facts shown to you then you're right about someone here having a mental illness, but it's no the people crossplaying (which is different from transgenderism by the way)


I wouldn't waste your breath. People like him don't wanna think introspectively or have a respectful and constructive discussion, he's just itching for a fight. Best thing to do is ignore him imo.
4573 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 10/27/16 , edited 10/27/16

Amyas_Leigh wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

and as another user pointed out the decision was most likely seen as a solution to japan's voyeurism problems


Kinda like anti trans bathroom laws in parts of the US



Well both are equally stupid.
4573 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 10/27/16 , edited 10/27/16

ClothStatue wrote:


Are you once again claiming that transgenderism is a mental illness? Because if so, then I should point out I recall people have already shown you that it isn't. If you keep ignoring the obvious facts shown to you then you're right about someone here having a mental illness, but it's no the people crossplaying (which is different from transgenderism by the way)


I wouldn't waste your breath. People like him don't wanna think introspectively or have a respectful and constructive discussion, he's just itching for a fight. Best thing to do is ignore him imo.


There's a chance you are right, but at least even if he isn't willing to see reason then there's always a chance what I said will have informed someone else reading the posts so i think it's worth it.
35872 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Georgia, USA
Offline
Posted 10/27/16 , edited 10/27/16

ClothStatue wrote:



People like him don't wanna think introspectively


What does that even mean?
If I look inside myself I would want to cut my penis off and dilate the wound forever so it doesn't heal and call it a vagina?
4573 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 10/27/16 , edited 10/27/16

Amyas_Leigh wrote:


ClothStatue wrote:



People like him don't wanna think introspectively


What does that even mean?
If I look inside myself I would want to cut my penis off and dilate the wound forever so it doesn't heal and call it a vagina?


You're kinda proving her point about you not putting thought into this...
22087 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Online
Posted 10/27/16 , edited 10/27/16

There's a chance you are right, but at least even if he isn't willing to see reason then there's always a chance what I said will have informed someone else reading them so i think it's worth it.


I can see where you're coming from, and I'm definitely on your side of the fence. It's important to stand up for others and say something when people are being jerks, but I think you've made your point as far as you will with him on this, people will see what you've said. Otherwise you're just gonna be stuck here fighting for the last word until someone else comes along and either breaks it up or locks the thread, y'know?
22087 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Online
Posted 10/27/16 , edited 10/27/16

You're kinda proving her point about you not putting thought into this...


I will admit he almost made me laugh from the sheer irony.
4573 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 10/27/16 , edited 10/27/16

ClothStatue wrote:


There's a chance you are right, but at least even if he isn't willing to see reason then there's always a chance what I said will have informed someone else reading them so i think it's worth it.


I can see where you're coming from, and I'm definitely on your side of the fence. It's important to stand up for others and say something when people are being jerks, but I think you've made your point as far as you will with him on this, people will see what you've said. Otherwise you're just gonna be stuck here fighting for the last word until someone else comes along and either breaks it up or locks the thread, y'know?


I can see your point there.
2139 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/27/16 , edited 10/27/16
oh my...
10262 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/27/16

ClothStatue wrote:


What do you guys think?


First, I think the only thing more stupid than a male cosplaying a female character is that they are getting banned for doing it.

I mean, if that was a picture of a dude cosplaying a female character, kudos. Pretty smexy for the owner of a penis. Not stupid at all. I mean, he owns that shit.

But then you got these guys:



Honestly, though, with no jokes.... I see no issue with it, at all. This does seem like bigotry.

Also, female cosplay is almost always awesome, under any circumstances.
35872 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Georgia, USA
Offline
Posted 10/27/16 , edited 10/27/16

octorockandroll wrote:



You're kinda proving her point about you not putting thought into this...


There is no 'thought' to put into it.
Its a mental illness. Enabling it is the same as whispering into a schizo's ear that the voices are real and to act on them. Its disgusting.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.