First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Male Crossplay Banned at Tokyo Comic-con
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/27/16 , edited 10/27/16

ClothStatue wrote:


Yeah, but sometimes things don't have to be explicitly against the rules for you to know they are wrong. I mean, honestly, if you were transgender instead of born female, and you had a penis, would you think it was acceptable to expose your penis to children (at all, not just females) and just walk around a locker room and chill in a sauna nude in front of everyone? No. There's a difference in having rights and exercising them, and just being an asshole to prove the point that you can.

And, just note, it WAS on a college campus, but the facilities were open to the public and families with younger children did use them.


Well I mean of course not to children, I can understand what happened in her case for that reason. Hmm for the sauna that takes a lot of imagination for me, I really can't say I know what it's like to be in that situation or imagine that experience from a trans woman's view accurately but I can see your point, I wouldn't want to make people uncomfortable, I've never gone to a sauna tho so I don't really know what that's like either. But talking my side of the fence if it was a shower or a changing room and they were just minding their own business I don't think it'd be prudent to scream or throw things at them or slap them or call management or whatever, I'd be really surprised, but if feel that might be a little extreme to say the least. I'm totally with you on having restraint and you're free to look down on people for not exercising it but their right is still their right so in the eyes of the law it's a moot point. >.>'


But this isn't a situation of rights. Actually, Francis's own point was "They don't call cops for people drinking from the wrong water fountain, anymore."

Except, that wasn't what she was doing. To use her analogy, this is like the day after segregated water fountain's were removed, a black man walking up to the one universal water fountain and tongue fucking it just to be a dick about the fact that he can.

In that situation, it isn't about him being black. It isn't about his rights. It's about him being a dick, because he can. And, any white dude who tongue fucked the water fountain would also elicit a negative reaction, at that time.

Hell, even if I strip down at a doctor's office for a physical, I use some damned modesty. As far as saunas are concerned: At the saunas on a Marine Corps base, used by only men, it was generally accepted that you must AT LEAST have a towel to cover yourself with. Keep in mind, these are the very same men who sent dick pics to each other as a joke. If someone came into the sauna nude, it was because they were an asshole.

Same thing. The problem isn't about her being transgender, but about her being an asshole.

As I always say, if we'd just follow the rule: Don't be an asshole, the world would be a better place. BUT, as long as people keep defending these guys who are being assholes, due to a demographic they fall into, that defense will continue to cause more friction against their rights than it would if everyone would be reasonable. In other words, the fact that people defend Francis in this situation, causes people to get scared of where these "rights" are leading, causing them to act like bigots. It isn't about rights. It's about people being assholes. And just because a person is LGBT, it doesn't mean they can't be assholes in these situations.

NOTE: I don't mean to argue. I just call shit as I see it, and often people disagree with how I see things.
22134 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 10/27/16 , edited 10/27/16

But this isn't a situation of rights. Actually, Francis's own point was "They don't call cops for people drinking from the wrong water fountain, anymore."

Except, that wasn't what she was doing. To use her analogy, this is like the day after segregated water fountain's were removed, a black man walking up to the one universal water fountain and tongue fucking it just to be a dick about the fact that he can.

In that situation, it isn't about him being black. It isn't about his rights. It's about him being a dick, because he can. And, any white dude who tongue fucked the water fountain would also elicit a negative reaction, at that time.

Hell, even if I strip down at a doctor's office for a physical, I use some damned modesty. As far as saunas are concerned: At the saunas on a Marine Corps base, used by only men, it was generally accepted that you must AT LEAST have a towel to cover yourself with. Keep in mind, these are the very same men who sent dick pics to each other as a joke. If someone came into the sauna nude, it was because they were an asshole.

Same thing. The problem isn't about her being transgender, but about her being an asshole.

As I always say, if we'd just follow the rule: Don't be an asshole, the world would be a better place. BUT, as long as people keep defending these guys who are being assholes, due to a demographic they fall into, that defense will continue to cause more friction against their rights than it would if everyone would be reasonable. In other words, the fact that people defend Francis in this situation, causes people to get scared of where these "rights" are leading, causing them to act like bigots. It isn't about rights. It's about people being assholes. And just because a person is LGBT, it doesn't mean they can't be assholes in these situations.

NOTE: I don't mean to argue. I just call shit as I see it, and often people disagree with how I see things.


Oh I agree, one of my favorite joke news articles is literally this: http://www.clickhole.com/article/heartwarming-fraternity-brother-came-out-gay-and-w-1666

I get where you're coming from, I'm just saying that for women, we change and stuff together, getting naked doesn't really bother a lot if not most of us, of course there are plenty of women who aren't comfortable with that so we just let them do what they're comfortable with it's no biggie. I mean, if you're a gay girl it usually does it seems; from seeing other gay girls. Personally I only feel modest around other girls if I have a serious crush on them and it's only them specifically that I'm embarrassed around, and I never pursue anyone that isn't already into girls anyway so it's not an issue for me. So I guess what I'm trying to get at is that while I agree with you about Coleen's case, I assume you will agree with what I'm saying here that there are certain situations where it's not appropriate, but I don't think there should be special restrictions specifically for trans people on those.

I hope that clears things up ^.^
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/27/16 , edited 10/27/16

ClothStatue wrote:So I guess what I'm trying to get at is that while I agree with you about Coleen's case, I assume you will agree with what I'm saying here that there are certain situations where it's not appropriate, but I don't think there should be special restrictions specifically for trans people on those.

I hope that clears things up ^.^


Absolutely, there shouldn't be double standards. We're seeing eye to eye about that. My point is that transgender should not do things that are unacceptable for their transitioned gender simply because the rules don't explicitly say they can't, and they want to flaunt their perceived rights. In this case, it is a little fuzzy, because other people in those locker rooms and sauna's don't have dicks to show in the first place. But, I feel like common sense can direct you as to how to not be an asshole. I mean, post-op and pre-op are two different things, and that's about anatomy, not gender, sexual preference, or any similar.
Your point is that they also should not be expected to act in such a way that is not normal for the cis gender of their transitioned gender. Well.... yeah. Though I'd caution against the perception that what body parts you have don't make a difference. I mean, If there was a realistic model of a dick on a mannequin, it's probably not appropriate to show that mannequin nude in front of small girls, and I'm pretty sure that mannequin has no feelings about its gender, ya know.

35968 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Georgia, USA
Online
Posted 10/27/16

octorockandroll wrote:


Wow, you sure got me there, and who could forget the classic where the argument you presented was literally nothing just a quote from me and empty space. Brilliant as always.

.


That was a forum bug from when you edit too fast, something you've been victim to as well yesterday I believe? At least I wasn't 'smart' enough to jump down your throat about it.

Try presenting real arguments instead of 'ITS NOT A MENTAL ILLNESS!' next time kiddo.
Humms 
10561 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 10/27/16
*Slow clap*
..................... please, men of the world.... stop...... just stop.
4722 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 10/27/16

Amyas_Leigh wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:


Wow, you sure got me there, and who could forget the classic where the argument you presented was literally nothing just a quote from me and empty space. Brilliant as always.

.


That was a forum bug from when you edit too fast, something you've been victim to as well yesterday I believe? At least I wasn't 'smart' enough to jump down your throat about it.

Try presenting real arguments instead of 'ITS NOT A MENTAL ILLNESS!' next time kiddo.


Reason transgenderism is not a mental illness accordong to octorockandroll:

-The neural and psychological indicators of a mental illness are absent in transgender people.

Reasons why transgenderism is a mental illness according to Amyas_Leigh:

-*cricket noises*



Amyas_Leigh wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:


Wow, you sure got me there, and who could forget the classic where the argument you presented was literally nothing just a quote from me and empty space. Brilliant as always.

Try presenting real arguments instead of 'ITS NOT A MENTAL ILLNESS!' next time kiddo.


https://youtu.be/yLmd0100T9g
37958 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 10/27/16

octorockandroll wrote:


Amyas_Leigh wrote:

Good.
If SJWs hadn't turned a mental illness into an 'identity' this rule probably never would've been made.


Are you once again claiming that transgenderism is a mental illness? Because if so, then I should point out I recall people have already shown you that it isn't. If you keep ignoring the obvious facts shown to you then you're right about someone here having a mental illness, but it's no the people crossplaying (which is different from transgenderism by the way)


Well, to believe that you are born in the wrong body, is a mental illness. Nothing to be ashamed about. Just don't be an asshat about it.

Of course cross-dressing is different from the belief you were born in the wrong body.
35968 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Georgia, USA
Online
Posted 10/27/16

octorockandroll wrote:



Reason transgenderism is not a mental illness accordong to octorockandroll:

-The neural and psychological indicators of a mental illness are absent in transgender people.


Citations needed.

Gender dysphoria is real and its a mental illness that can be treated with the anti psychotic medication pimozide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDAU3SPYFsA

41296 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/27/16
Damn, I'm really gonna miss those hairy-pudgy super-women at these events
22134 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 10/27/16 , edited 10/27/16

Gender dysphoria is real and its a mental illness that can be treated with the anti psychotic medication pimozide


A case study of 1 patient is hardly compelling evidence. Honestly not even worthy of mention.

Gender dysphoria can be eliminated almost entirely in a transgender patient who is in preadolescence or adolescence through hormone blockers and then when they're I think it was 16, they can decide to continue with hormone treatment or if such feelings at that point disappear, be taken off blockers and go through puberty as normal. However, they are still transgender since gender dysphoria and being transgender are not the same thing, therefore being transgender is not a disorder.

By far, the most dangerous thing to the health and most prominent killer of transgender people if social rejection and stigmas. If a person is well supported and loved, they will continue to lead happy lives with the gender identity they had. Something I might add, you do not help by calling them "disgusting" as you did earlier. It is literally more strongly supported that you and your entire opinion being removed from any trans person's sight and hearing is more effective at ensuring their mental well being than your magic drug.

A mental disorder is a disorder because it interferes with your daily life in a negative way. Hormone therapy and SRS consistently and drastically reduces dysphoria in transgender patients. I remember reading a while ago, when a friend of mine came out as a trans man, that before transition was undertaken the average lifespan of trans people was 30 before they killed themselves.

I find your argument wanting.

4722 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 10/27/16

Amyas_Leigh wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:



Reason transgenderism is not a mental illness accordong to octorockandroll:

-The neural and psychological indicators of a mental illness are absent in transgender people.


Citations needed.

Gender dysphoria is real and its a mental illness that can be treated with the anti psychotic medication pimozide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDAU3SPYFsA




https://youtu.be/yLmd0100T9g


I have already explained this shit to you twice now so Im not going to waste more time with that.

A psychological state is considered a mental disorder only when it causes significant distress or disability.

Oh wait no, you're calling it a mental illness now. So what is transgenderism in your fantasy land? An illness or a disorder? And hold on a minute, you're talking about gender dysphoria now. What? You do know the difference between the two right? Oh, what am I talking about. Of course you don't. That would require you to think, and as you said yourself, that is very much off the table.

I'm familiar with the experiment that "proved" your claim by the way. As I recall the patient was described as having "doubtful gender dysphoria" and I really do mean patient, singular. So your argument hinges on an experiment from 20 years ago with a sample size of 1, on a subject that wasn't fully diagnosed as having gender dysphoria? I think it is time to break this out again.

https://youtu.be/yLmd0100T9g

4722 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 10/27/16

ClothStatue wrote:


Gender dysphoria is real and its a mental illness that can be treated with the anti psychotic medication pimozide


A case study of 1 patient is hardly compelling evidence. Honestly not even worthy of mention.

Gender dysphoria can be eliminated almost entirely in a transgender patient who is in preadolescence or adolescence through hormone blockers and then when they're I think it was 16, they can decide to continue with hormone treatment or if such feelings at that point disappear, be taken off blockers and go through puberty as normal. However, they are still transgender since gender dysphoria and being transgender are not the same thing, therefore being transgender is not a disorder.

By far, the most dangerous thing to the health and most prominent killer of transgender people if social rejection and stigmas. If a person is well supported and loved, they will continue to lead happy lives in the gender they had. Something I might add, you do not help by calling them "disgusting" as you did earlier. It is literally more strongly supported that you and your entire opinion being removed from any trans person's sight and hearing is effective at ensuring their mental well being than your magic drug.

A mental disorder is a disorder because it interferes with your daily life in a negative way. Hormone therapy and SRS consistently and drastically reduces dysphoria in transgender patients. I remember reading a while ago, when a friend of mine came out as a trans man, that before transition was undertaken the average lifespan of trans people was 30 before they killed themselves.

I find your argument wanting.



Wait, wait. Let me guess what the reply will be.



Amyas_Leigh wrote:

Try presenting real arguments instead of 'ITS NOT A MENTAL ILLNESS!' next time kiddo.


22134 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 10/27/16



Wait, wait. Let me guess what the reply will be.




Amyas_Leigh wrote:

Try presenting real arguments instead of 'ITS NOT A MENTAL ILLNESS!' next time kiddo.




XD Where's the lie?
4722 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 10/27/16

amyhasabowtie wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:


Amyas_Leigh wrote:

Good.
If SJWs hadn't turned a mental illness into an 'identity' this rule probably never would've been made.


Are you once again claiming that transgenderism is a mental illness? Because if so, then I should point out I recall people have already shown you that it isn't. If you keep ignoring the obvious facts shown to you then you're right about someone here having a mental illness, but it's no the people crossplaying (which is different from transgenderism by the way)


Well, to believe that you are born in the wrong body, is a mental illness. Nothing to be ashamed about. Just don't be an asshat about it.

Of course cross-dressing is different from the belief you were born in the wrong body.


I went over this with the "I'm not thinking" guy.
35968 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Georgia, USA
Online
Posted 10/27/16 , edited 10/27/16

ClothStatue wrote:



Gender dysphoria can be eliminated almost entirely in a transgender patient who is in preadolescence or adolescence through hormone blockers



You are insane
You are advocating completely fucking up a CHILD'S growth cycle to push a sick perverted agenda.
How can you even justify that?
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/10/22/boy-treated-as-a-girl-by-his-mother-suffered-significant-emotional-harm-court-hears/


First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.