First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Halloween, what are gunna dress as?
Banned
17503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 10/28/16
Pagan holiday and I am Christian so..no costume or spirit worshipper or whatever it is pagans do on the 31st of October.
677 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 10/28/16
I'll probably just wear black and put effort into my eyeliner.

I have a costume for next year, since one of my friends is coming to live in BC starting next September, so we're going out as Kimber and Stormer from the Jem and the Holograms comics. Going to have to dye my hair blue for that one.
1604 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 10/28/16
593 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / New York
Online
Posted 10/28/16 , edited 10/28/16

HolyDrumstick wrote:

Nothing probably.

Before I was a Christian, back when I was an atheist, I went to a Ren fest on Halloween.

I dressed as a demonic priest. Horns, fangs, the habit for a priest, and an inverted cross. I cringe when I think about it now.

But, that was the last time I wore a costume.



Deviating from the topic here but...

Forgive me if I presume a bit too much when I say that I think you weren't an atheist. You sound more like a Christian with anger issues against Heavenly Daddy. I left Catholicism a long time ago not out of hatred or because of the corruption in the Vatican but mainly because I could not convince myself to believe in something that relies primarily on faith -- the suspension of doubt and disbelief in the absence of evidence. I have friends who became pastors and priests or work for the church and as far as I know, they aren't bad people just because of their job. It's one thing to make a joke out of it but dressing up as a priest with horns out of bitterness is a bit...juvenile.

I still can't think of anything that would make me go from being an atheist to a Christian. I've lost people before and went through some personal troubles but it never crossed my mind to ask an imaginary friend or god for help. I understand that people use it for coping and if it helps them, why not? But as for me, I really cannot imagine any scenario that would make me rethink my position on this issue.
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/28/16

AlastorCrow wrote:


HolyDrumstick wrote:

Nothing probably.

Before I was a Christian, back when I was an atheist, I went to a Ren fest on Halloween.

I dressed as a demonic priest. Horns, fangs, the habit for a priest, and an inverted cross. I cringe when I think about it now.

But, that was the last time I wore a costume.



Deviating from the topic here but...

Forgive me if I presume a bit too much when I say that I think you weren't an atheist. You sound more like a Christian with anger issues against Heavenly Daddy. I left Catholicism a long time ago not out of hatred or because of the corruption in the Vatican but mainly because I could not convince myself to believe in something that relies primarily on faith -- the suspension of doubt and disbelief in the absence of evidence. I have friends who became pastors and priests or work for the church and as far as I know, they aren't bad people just because of their job. It's one thing to make a joke out of it but dressing up as a priest with horns out of bitterness is a bit...juvenile.

I still can't think of anything that would make me go from being an atheist to a Christian. I've lost people before and went through some personal troubles but it never crossed my mind to ask an imaginary friend or god for help. I understand that people use it for coping and if it helps them, why not? But as for me, I really cannot imagine any scenario that would make me rethink my position on this issue.


You do presume too much, and not by just a little bit.

I think you need to slow down a bit, man. You can't know that much about someone from a few posts on CR. I think you need to kind of wrap your mind around that idea, and stop making judgments. All of this is really, really far off. Just think about it.

But, I do forgive you.

593 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / New York
Online
Posted 10/28/16

HolyDrumstick wrote:


AlastorCrow wrote:


HolyDrumstick wrote:

Before I was a Christian, back when I was an atheist, I went to a Ren fest on Halloween.

I dressed as a demonic priest. Horns, fangs, the habit for a priest, and an inverted cross. I cringe when I think about it now.



-snip


You do presume too much, and not by just a little bit.

I think you need to slow down a bit, man. You can't know that much about someone from a few posts on CR. I think you need to kind of wrap your mind around that idea, and stop making judgments. All of this is really, really far off. Just think about it.

But, I do forgive you.



If someone tells me they're an atheist and decides to dress up as a "demonic priest" for halloween, I'd find it very difficult not to think that they're doing it out of spite with the intention to insult.

Anyway, you know yourself better than a stranger on the internet so I won't pursue it any further. I just want you to be aware of how it sounds when you put the two factors together.

Ex-atheist..ha!
78 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Indiana United St...
Offline
Posted 10/28/16
Kyouma Hououin (Okabe Rintarou, Steins;Gate)

May have been wearing the lab coat around the house throughout the week lol!
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/28/16 , edited 10/28/16

AlastorCrow wrote:


If someone tells me they're an atheist and decides to dress up as a "demonic priest" for halloween, I'd find it very difficult not to think that they're doing it out of spite with the intention to insult.

Anyway, you know yourself better than a stranger on the internet so I won't pursue it any further. I just want you to be aware of how it sounds when you put the two factors together.

Ex-atheist..ha!


You know, I feel like you're being a little disrespectful. Maybe try to be less of an asshole... maybe?

I'm good with it, but I can't imagine many people tolerating your behavior for very long.
593 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / New York
Online
Posted 10/28/16 , edited 10/28/16

HolyDrumstick wrote:


AlastorCrow wrote:


If someone tells me they're an atheist and decides to dress up as a "demonic priest" for halloween, I'd find it very difficult not to think that they're doing it out of spite with the intention to insult.

Anyway, you know yourself better than a stranger on the internet so I won't pursue it any further. I just want you to be aware of how it sounds when you put the two factors together.

Ex-atheist..ha!


You know, I feel like you're being a little disrespectful. Maybe try to be less of an asshole... maybe?

I'm good with it, but I can't imagine many people tolerating your behavior for very long.


Ever amazed at people's ability to become offended.

Jokes aside, I still don't understand which part of that made you think I was being an asshole. Maybe no one ever told you that before but I'm sure it's not the first time it crossed someone's mind. As for my behavior, I'm not the one who dressed up as a "demonic priest" with an inverted cross because I got angry at Heavenly Dad. I have a bit more tact than that IRL.
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/28/16

AlastorCrow wrote:


Ever amazed at people's ability to become offended.

Jokes aside, I still don't understand which part of that made you think I was being an asshole. Maybe no one ever told you that before but I'm sure it's not the first time it crossed someone's mind. As for my behavior, I'm not the one who dressed up as a "demonic priest" with an inverted cross because I got angry at Heavenly Dad. I have a bit more tact than that IRL.


Well, I'm glad you think you've got everything figured out, man.

You have yourself a wonderful evening.

593 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / New York
Online
Posted 10/28/16 , edited 10/28/16

HolyDrumstick wrote:


AlastorCrow wrote:


Ever amazed at people's ability to become offended.

Jokes aside, I still don't understand which part of that made you think I was being an asshole. Maybe no one ever told you that before but I'm sure it's not the first time it crossed someone's mind. As for my behavior, I'm not the one who dressed up as a "demonic priest" with an inverted cross because I got angry at Heavenly Dad. I have a bit more tact than that IRL.


Well, I'm glad you think you've got everything figured out, man.

You have yourself a wonderful evening.



Didn't mean to get off on the wrong foot here.

I just wanted to know if I was right and I think I have the answer now. Sorry if I offended you and I didn't think it would have been something a Christian convert would be angry about discussing. I've spoken to "ex-atheists" before and their stories always contain the same spirit of rebellious behavior you'd expect from a teenager going against their parents. Something that seems to correspond with your little anecdote.

See you around.

10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/29/16

AlastorCrow wrote:

Didn't mean to get off on the wrong foot here.

I just wanted to know if I was right and I think I have the answer now. Sorry if I offended you and I didn't think it would have been something a Christian convert would be angry about discussing. I've spoken to "ex-atheists" before and their stories always contain the same spirit of rebellious behavior you'd expect from a teenager going against their parents. Something that seems to correspond with your little anecdote.

See you around.



No problem. I'd be happy to share my entire story with you, if you were ever truly interested.

I don't, however, have any interest in trying to defend myself against preconceptions.

So, if you are ever truly curious, let me know. I promise, I won't force feed you anything. I'll just tell you my story.

Then again, you may not be interested in my real story, and prefer what you believe. Somewhat ironically, that's faith.

Up to you. Either way, I pray that God blesses you and you have a great life.

Cheers.
30236 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
It doesn't matter.
Offline
Posted 10/29/16
So many edgy people in here.
105 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F / California
Offline
Posted 10/29/16
wonder woman from dc bombshells. had plans for harley quinn's outfit from her current comic run, but it irked me that every other female was going as her, so opted for wonder woman. i'll be harley next year when hopefully her hype is back down to normal levels.
17090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / hell's grave
Offline
Posted 10/29/16
A pirate tonight
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.