First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
Post Reply Clinton E-Mail Investigation Reopened
Posted 10/28/16
yeah, as if its not obvious enough since her biggest aide has all muslim brotherhood family

nahhhhh she wasnt running guns to ISIS nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh loooooooooool
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/28/16

Solefyre wrote:


namealreadytaken wrote:


qwueri wrote:
As slow as these investigations move, it's highly doubtful any formal charges would occur before November 8th. Should she be elected and then indicted, impeachment proceedings would quickly follow.


somehow, i doubt there would be an impeachment even if she, somehow or another, gets indicted, which we all know it won't happen.
maybe they'll somehow blame Trump for all her emails. they'll probably try and do that somehow.


If she got indicted she would lose her clearance to handle classified materials and would have to step down from any political position she was holding. Maybe not quite impeachment but she couldn't hold office anyway.


Excellent point. It's like Marines and domestic violence. Domestic violence convictions result in being prohibited from using or owning a weapon (guns). So, if that happens, you almost always get a dishonorable discharge, because you can no longer fulfill the duties of your job.

This is the same thing. If she is convicted of anything, it SHOULD be the end for her. Because legally, she shouldn't be able or qualified to fulfill the duties of that office.

BUT, we'll have to see how things play out.

I will say the Russian War propaganda is scary. Fuck that. Russia hasn't done anything worthy of the US interfering. We're not the damned world police. Is Russia doing a few questionable things? Yes.

However, if you look at it from the perspective that we armed, funded, and trained basically every terrorist organization from Al-Qaeda to ISIS.... Russia is basically dealing with a problem we created in the best way they can. It's like we trained a bunch of pitbulls to kill, they get loose, our kids get bit, our neighbors get bit, we get bit.... then the guy down the street starts shooting them, and we get pissed off.

Just saying, we have no legitimate justification for war with Russia, and I support Trump's desire to work with Russia to fight ISIS.

And, if we EVER have peace in the middle east, we'll have Russia to thank. I'm just saying.
13149 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 10/28/16

HolyDrumstick wrote:

I will say the Russian War propaganda is scary. Fuck that. Russia hasn't done anything worthy of the US interfering. We're not the damned world police. Is Russia doing a few questionable things? Yes.

However, if you look at it from the perspective that we armed, funded, and trained basically every terrorist organization from Al-Qaeda to ISIS.... Russia is basically dealing with a problem we created in the best way they can. It's like we trained a bunch of pitbulls to kill, they get loose, our kids get bit, our neighbors get bit, we get bit.... then the guy down the street starts shooting them, and we get pissed off.

Just saying, we have no legitimate justification for war with Russia, and I support Trump's desire to work with Russia to fight ISIS.

And, if we EVER have peace in the middle east, we'll have Russia to thank. I'm just saying.


I find it difficult to support Russia's methods when they have killed more Syrian civilians than ISIS... Maybe if they stopped killing civilians en masse it would be easier to work with them.

Its a bit like if our dog bit someone so they start killing all the dogs in the neighborhood... Sure, there probably going to be less incidents of dog bites, but can we really celebrate this victory?
972 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 10/28/16 , edited 10/28/16
Americas gunna be in a big pile of dookie if she wins
Let hope the FBI shut her down
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/28/16

sundin13 wrote:


HolyDrumstick wrote:

I will say the Russian War propaganda is scary. Fuck that. Russia hasn't done anything worthy of the US interfering. We're not the damned world police. Is Russia doing a few questionable things? Yes.

However, if you look at it from the perspective that we armed, funded, and trained basically every terrorist organization from Al-Qaeda to ISIS.... Russia is basically dealing with a problem we created in the best way they can. It's like we trained a bunch of pitbulls to kill, they get loose, our kids get bit, our neighbors get bit, we get bit.... then the guy down the street starts shooting them, and we get pissed off.

Just saying, we have no legitimate justification for war with Russia, and I support Trump's desire to work with Russia to fight ISIS.

And, if we EVER have peace in the middle east, we'll have Russia to thank. I'm just saying.


I find it difficult to support Russia's methods when they have killed more Syrian civilians than ISIS... Maybe if they stopped killing civilians en masse it would be easier to work with them.

Its a bit like if our dog bit someone so they start killing all the dogs in the neighborhood... Sure, there probably going to be less incidents of dog bites, but can we really celebrate this victory?


Oh, I definitely agree.

Thing is, this is where we need to ally with Russia. You are much more likely to change your habits for someone you are friendly with than an enemy.

This should be handled diplomatically. We she enter into an agreement with Russia, where they stop killing everyone and focus on terrorists and we stop funding them. Because both of those things need to happen.

BUT, the last thing we need is a war with Russia.
runec 
28334 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/28/16 , edited 10/28/16
Ah, and now all of a sudden we're all on the FBI's side are we? >.>

But putting this all aside: Can we all just take a moment to appreciate what an unabashed piece of shit Anthony Weiner is?
16821 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Hoosierville
Offline
Posted 10/28/16

namealreadytaken wrote:


Rujikin wrote:


DengekiFugu wrote:

How is it that Wikileaks is better at digging up information than the FBI?

Or was the FBI covering up evidence?


They gave bulk immunity deals and destroyed evidence... You don't give immunity deals when you know someone has don't nothing wrong.

Well the FBI director is comey and he canceled the investigation when the investigators wanted to continue.


isn't the director appointed by the president or something? if that was the case, it's no wonder the case was dismissed.


Correct! Heck we just had another 4 star general that is possibly facing prison time for lying to the FBI or congress (forget which). Hillary... She is being protected.
17457 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 10/28/16
hillary for prison 2016
13149 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 10/28/16

HolyDrumstick wrote:

Oh, I definitely agree.

Thing is, this is where we need to ally with Russia. You are much more likely to change your habits for someone you are friendly with than an enemy.

This should be handled diplomatically. We she enter into an agreement with Russia, where they stop killing everyone and focus on terrorists and we stop funding them. Because both of those things need to happen.

BUT, the last thing we need is a war with Russia.


I agree that we should work towards diplomacy and that war with Russia would be a disaster, but Russia's actions (I don't care about their words) seem to show that they don't have the same goals in mind. That is why they are a problem. Russia does whatever Russia wants to do. If we let them do it then everybody calls our president a pushover. If we don't, everybody calls our president a war monger.

Its not as easy as some people make it out to be.
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/28/16

sundin13 wrote:


I agree that we should work towards diplomacy and that war with Russia would be a disaster, but Russia's actions (I don't care about their words) seem to show that they don't have the same goals in mind. That is why they are a problem. Russia does whatever Russia wants to do. If we let them do it then everybody calls our president a pushover. If we don't, everybody calls our president a war monger.

Its not as easy as some people make it out to be.


You are certainly right. it is a tough job. That's why people need to be qualified to run the country. This is a tough issue, but the President should be qualified to handle it.

I also feel that you're missing the diplomatic middle ground. And no one is see that, because the media doesn't want us to. The media wants us to pick sides.

The truth is that all you have to do is offer something worthwhile to make them return an offer to you that is what you want and worthwhile.

Problem isn't that this can't be handled diplomatically, but that no one wants it to. See, that would mean WE would have to compromise. We don't want to give an inch. That's the real reason we can't have peace. We keep expecting to do what we want without us having to make any compromises in return.

Except with trade.... we let them stick it up our rears when it comes to trade.
3111 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M
Online
Posted 10/28/16
"Madam Secretary" should have received the full prole experience the first time around. You know, flashbangs and submachine guns at 4 AM. Cuffed and stuffed. Every scrap of paper and electronic device hauled away and poured over. Walls ripped out in search of hidden materials. Daylong interrogations. Raids of all connected lawyers, campaign offices, banks, the slush fund Foundation, etc.

If it'd be good enough for you, it should have been good enough for her. As is, she'll probably get elected anyway, then she can write an executive order pardoning herself, her family and all her hangers-on, in perpetuity.
19591 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / NYC Metro Area
Online
Posted 10/28/16 , edited 10/28/16

Deyre wrote:

A little bit too much of a perfect timing :p. But if she is indicted does this mean Trump wins automatically? Or is it another nominee who takes over like a vice president or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElPVu7O2Dh0 (BOMBSHELL! Trump Announces FBI Reopening Of Clinton Email Investigation!!!)


I suppose Tim Kaine (her running mate) would be President if her party still had a majority of electoral votes if she were convicted.
13149 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 10/28/16

HolyDrumstick wrote:


sundin13 wrote:


I agree that we should work towards diplomacy and that war with Russia would be a disaster, but Russia's actions (I don't care about their words) seem to show that they don't have the same goals in mind. That is why they are a problem. Russia does whatever Russia wants to do. If we let them do it then everybody calls our president a pushover. If we don't, everybody calls our president a war monger.

Its not as easy as some people make it out to be.


You are certainly right. it is a tough job. That's why people need to be qualified to run the country. This is a tough issue, but the President should be qualified to handle it.

I also feel that you're missing the diplomatic middle ground. And no one is see that, because the media doesn't want us to. The media wants us to pick sides.

The truth is that all you have to do is offer something worthwhile to make them return an offer to you that is what you want and worthwhile.

Problem isn't that this can't be handled diplomatically, but that no one wants it to. See, that would mean WE would have to compromise. We don't want to give an inch. That's the real reason we can't have peace. We keep expecting to do what we want without us having to make any compromises in return.

Except with trade.... we let them stick it up our rears when it comes to trade.


Diplomacy requires two sides to come to the table looking to make some sort of compromise. I haven't really seen any evidence that Russia would be willing to give anything up to get "peace". Would we? I don't know what Russia would want. We could lift sanctions and I think we gladly would for peace, but I don't think Russia really cares (although whether they should is another story).

I don't know. My point isn't that this couldn't be done better. I'm sure it could. However, it is a very complicated situation on all fronts. I don't think we do anything justice by reducing it to something simple like "Hillary = War, Trump = Diplomacy". There is so much more than that, to the extent that even that statement probably isn't really "true".
10831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / California
Offline
Posted 10/28/16

sundin13 wrote:

From what I've read, there is no reason to assume that this is anything more than a formality or an "abundance of caution". The likelihood of this actually changing anything seems very low.






10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/28/16

sundin13 wrote:


Diplomacy requires two sides to come to the table looking to make some sort of compromise. I haven't really seen any evidence that Russia would be willing to give anything up to get "peace". Would we? I don't know what Russia would want. We could lift sanctions and I think we gladly would for peace, but I don't think Russia really cares (although whether they should is another story).

I don't know. My point isn't that this couldn't be done better. I'm sure it could. However, it is a very complicated situation on all fronts. I don't think we do anything justice by reducing it to something simple like "Hillary = War, Trump = Diplomacy". There is so much more than that, to the extent that even that statement probably isn't really "true".


You know, you're probably right about that. But, I also think that again goes back to how manipulated our media is, and how manipulated we are by the media. We're only seeing what they want us to know, for the most part. And, you can say that's a conspiracy theory, but it isn't. Hell, the existence of WikiLeaks is evidence enough that we're not being told everything and they don't want us to know everything.

Now, I am a firm believer that we shouldn't know everything. Some things must be kept secret for security. However, I also feel like we aren't even receiving enough information from mainstream media to really make informed decisions.

I'd like to see a push for transparency with the government. But, as someone who's attended a ton of Commissioners Court and City Council meetings, transparency usually just results in a magic trick where they shuffle line items so you have no clue where your money is actually going or why.

Example: Timber Funds. The county would not add them into budget calculations because they were not guaranteed. yet, year after year, they would receive them. Those timber funds would then be handed to the commissioners, on top of their budgets, and they could just spend them however they wanted. Problem is, this is way after the budget is approved, so no one even knows they're getting those funds, and everyone's looking elsewhere.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.