First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Filipino president announces separation from US
12 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 10/30/16

DeadlyOats wrote:

The Philippines has been U.S. allies since before WW2. Thanks to President Obama, and his failed foreign policy. His utter weakness in the face of Chinese aggression in the Pacific, as carried out by Hillary Clinton as Secretary of State, we have alienated a very long standing friend and ally. Obama not only showed ineffective weakness against China, but has ceded the power and independence of the United States, to the United Nations, gradually turning the U.S. into the scapegoat for future failures and global decline.

I hope Trump can repair our old friendship with them, when he becomes President. Hillary, being a member of the globalists' club really doesn't care about individual nations. Not even her own nation. She's after George Bush Sr.'s vision, as furthered by Bill Clinton, Bush Jr. and as accelerated by Obama. "The New World Order."


I agree with this, as well. Our foreign policies with other countries has been lackadaisical to say the least. At the same time tho, I feel the world doesn't see the USA as a "real" super power. The government we have is supposed to act for the people. All you see in the news for the USA is just problems. From police brutality and that black lives matter movements, to all the fuss we're making just over elections.

Trump makes himself look easily manipulated because what he says is worse than what Mitt Romney was criticized for during the elections with Obama. Not to mention, almost every time he opens his mouth, it's something the media can EASILY attack him for. It's the equivalent of putting a reality star into the most powerful seat in the nation. (*cough**cough* Cory in the House)

Hillary is just corrupt on every level. Unlike Trump, she's easily manipulative. Whether through the investigation on her missing emails, HER foreign policies, or just plain old Illuminati conspiracies, everything points to her running this country into being something just outright scary. She blames Russia for everything, despite how there's literally no evidence for them doing anything underhanded, and, Jesus Christ, help the people in Syria.

At this point, I feel like our problem is that the system put in place has more than failed. We, as a people, are in chaos over the wrong things. All these people in our own nation are divided over the smallest things. It's no wonder this forum topic even exists. The saddest part is knowing that the USA just cannot learn to understand itself. It's in its tween years now. Constantly in personal conflict over itself as to what kind of country it really is, and cannot reach a clear cut decision on literally anything. Gender equality, in my opinion, has gotten WWAAAYYYYYY outta hand, just as an example. We as a people are distracted by the jingling keys in our faces. I hate to say it, but we just have to face facts. Everyone failed...
6014 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / The Frozen Prairi...
Offline
Posted 10/30/16
Thanks, Obama.
10263 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 10/30/16

bernardwheelerjr wrote:

Phillipinos, don't let the door hit you where the Lord split you. I say bring the troops home to US bases where we need their pay to stimulate our economy. Save us the taxpayer money we pour into their economy renting space. And let Duarte sleep in the bed the Phillipones made.
BTW as a vet I pretty much feel the same tward any country that doesn't want US troops. Screw you, we'll take our ball and bat and go play with someone who wants the billions of dollars a US base provides to the host country. While we're at it we should also stop our Navy from letting our sailors go ashore there and spend taxpayor dollars where they are clearly unwelcome.


While I'm on board with almost everything you said, to not let sailors and Marines go out at port would suck such huge donkey balls, I ask that you reconsider this. As someone who spent time on ship....

After 3-ish weeks of mess deck food and being stuck in spaces smaller than a normal living room with another 15 men.... I didn't give a shit who liked me and who didn't as long as they served me beer and steak.
27273 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 10/30/16

Akage-chan wrote:

So I guess that means we'll be repatriating the entire population of Daly City and Vallejo back to the Philippines. Maybe I can finally afford to live in the city!


No because some filthy rich Chinese would wave their money suitcases and voila, no cheap housing for anyone

I'm Chinese but I really dislike people who wave their excessive money around
46657 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 10/30/16 , edited 10/30/16
I'll say this, I'm dating a Filipina girl so we talked a little about this whole thing the other night. I was actually shocked when she said she liked Duterte. My opinion is that he's basically a criminal ordering extrajudicial killings. I didn't ask her specifically why she liked him but the gist I got is that crime and drugs are rampant in parts of the Philippines and they hope he'll clean it up, I guess they dont care if he uses inhumane means.

That being said, the comment about pulling our bases and soldiers (with their money) away is an interesting point. If you look it up, there are cases of our soldiers raping, assaulting, and just doing generally bad things in almost every place we have them stationed. In particular in a place like the Philippines, they seem to think they are the law and no one cares. There is a very prominent case of a few marines gang raping a girl a few years ago, and apparently these assaults are more common than we'd like to believe. Again, nothing she told me is verifiable but I know she grew up near a base and she claims to know at least three girls who were assaulted by US soldiers and went unpunished. She also told me the story of a soldier picking a fight with her brother and breaking his jaw, after they were causing trouble at a bar and harassing women and trying to pick fights. That soldier was taken back to base and the military said they would handle his punishment, but they have no idea if any was actually handed out.
17077 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Verginia
Offline
Posted 11/2/16

HolyDrumstick wrote:


bernardwheelerjr wrote:

Phillipinos, don't let the door hit you where the Lord split you. I say bring the troops home to US bases where we need their pay to stimulate our economy. Save us the taxpayer money we pour into their economy renting space. And let Duarte sleep in the bed the Phillipones made.
BTW as a vet I pretty much feel the same tward any country that doesn't want US troops. Screw you, we'll take our ball and bat and go play with someone who wants the billions of dollars a US base provides to the host country. While we're at it we should also stop our Navy from letting our sailors go ashore there and spend taxpayor dollars where they are clearly unwelcome.


While I'm on board with almost everything you said, to not let sailors and Marines go out at port would suck such huge donkey balls, I ask that you reconsider this. As someone who spent time on ship....

After 3-ish weeks of mess deck food and being stuck in spaces smaller than a normal living room with another 15 men.... I didn't give a shit who liked me and who didn't as long as they served me beer and steak.


I'm a former army combat engineer and my nephew is currently on a navy destroyer stationed out of Hawaii. (Lucky bastard lol). So although I feel your pain, all too often seamen are submitted to discrimination and violence in ports of call where the locals welcome the dollars but not the sailors. That' s why I said suspend shore leave in those ports. When the local economy tanks without that influx of us service member cash they might be a bit more hospitable
17077 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Verginia
Offline
Posted 11/2/16 , edited 11/2/16

rawratl wrote:

I'll say this, I'm dating a Filipina girl so we talked a little about this whole thing the other night. I was actually shocked when she said she liked Duterte. My opinion is that he's basically a criminal ordering extrajudicial killings. I didn't ask her specifically why she liked him but the gist I got is that crime and drugs are rampant in parts of the Philippines and they hope he'll clean it up, I guess they dont care if he uses inhumane means.

That being said, the comment about pulling our bases and soldiers (with their money) away is an interesting point. If you look it up, there are cases of our soldiers raping, assaulting, and just doing generally bad things in almost every place we have them stationed. In particular in a place like the Philippines, they seem to think they are the law and no one cares. There is a very prominent case of a few marines gang raping a girl a few years ago, and apparently these assaults are more common than we'd like to believe. Again, nothing she told me is verifiable but I know she grew up near a base and she claims to know at least three girls who were assaulted by US soldiers and went unpunished. She also told me the story of a soldier picking a fight with her brother and breaking his jaw, after they were causing trouble at a bar and harassing women and trying to pick fights. That soldier was taken back to base and the military said they would handle his punishment, but they have no idea if any was actually handed out.


Again, fine we should pull our troops out and refocus on county's that want us troops in the region like Malaysia. But we should also stop all US military and forighin aid to the Philippines immediately, stop shore leave in the Philippines, remove favored trade status ect... If you want to talk shit you need to deal with the consequences. You can't call the president of the united States "a son of a whore", cosy up to China and Russia, say you are cutting all military and diplomatic ties, ect.... And then expect to receive billions of us taxpayer dollars. In the immortal words of the great Cartman, " screw you guys I'm out of here". Lmao

On a side note phillipino, police and vigilantes have murdered nearly 10,000 so called "drug dealers" and left their bodies in the streets to rot and raped thousands of women as punishment for "collaboration" with said "drug dealers". Which is why the united nations cencured the Duarte administration.
Apparently you can kill anyone as long as you say they are a drug dealer and rape any woman as long as you call her a collaborator in the Philippines today. Smh.
46657 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 11/2/16 , edited 11/2/16


Yeah, I agree with you. I think Duterte is a monster and if they can't handle the US asking for the violence to stop as a condition for our aid and support then screw them. As is the case in several African countries, they already know China will come in and build infrastructure and "help" out with no humanitarian strings attached. So we might as well send our aid elsewhere.
17077 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Verginia
Offline
Posted 11/2/16 , edited 11/2/16

rawratl wrote:



Yeah, I agree with you. I think Duterte is a monster and if they can't handle the US asking for the violence to stop as a condition for our aid and support then screw them. As is the case in several African countries, they already know China will come in and build infrastructure and "help" out with no humanitarian strings attached. So we might as well send our aid elsewhere.


Lmao, well, aid from China comes with a whole different set of strings attached. Us aid is supposed to be a carrot we offer to avoid the higher cost of deploying us troops. Problem is the last three administration's have lacked the balls to actually pull the US military or financial aid.
I'm all for forighin and military aid when it is properly used to peacefully influence a country with dollars as a former wartime service vet. I am absolutely opposed to it when it becomes political welfare when the president lacks the hair on his or her ass to revoke it.
69 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/2/16 , edited 11/2/16
Malaysia just recently decided to cozy up to China though.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/02/asia/malaysia-china-agreement/
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/01/world/asia/malaysia-china.html?_r=0&referer=https://www.google.com/

China is swooping up deals left, and right. Deals that push out the U.S. around that area like this could be problematic for S. Korea, and Japan with their proximity to N. Korea. If N. Korea decides to go berserk on our Southern buddies then our response times could be affected, and Kim Jong Un might be able to get an additional salvo off that was previously avoidable. N. Korea hits S. Korea, and the U.S. can't give adequate support, so nukes get sent out, and then nuke get tossed our way. Then we're all fucked (unless you're important enough to be in a government bunker).
17077 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Verginia
Offline
Posted 11/2/16

Instant_Ramen_ wrote:

Malaysia just recently decided to cozy up to China though.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/02/asia/malaysia-china-agreement/
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/01/world/asia/malaysia-china.html?_r=0&referer=https://www.google.com/

China is swooping up deals left, and right. Deals that push out the U.S. around that area like this could be problematic for S. Korea, and Japan with their proximity to N. Korea. If N. Korea decides to go berserk on our Southern buddies then our response times could be affected, and Kim Jong Un might be able to get an additional salvo off that was previously avoidable. N. Korea hits S. Korea, and the U.S. can't give adequate support, so nukes get sent out, and then nuke get tossed our way. Then we're all fucked (unless you're important enough to be in a government bunker).

True enough. But, the US could refocus the billions of us dollars currently wasted in the Philippines on Malaysia, open a few bases there, and support Malaysia in their own fight against Islamic extreemisum. A fight China has been completely absent from beyond their own iron fisted crack down against all ethnic Muslims at home. As Malaysia is predominantly Muslim I doubt they would want China as a partner in that fight.
69 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/2/16

bernardwheelerjr wrote:


Instant_Ramen_ wrote:

Malaysia just recently decided to cozy up to China though.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/02/asia/malaysia-china-agreement/
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/01/world/asia/malaysia-china.html?_r=0&referer=https://www.google.com/

China is swooping up deals left, and right. Deals that push out the U.S. around that area like this could be problematic for S. Korea, and Japan with their proximity to N. Korea. If N. Korea decides to go berserk on our Southern buddies then our response times could be affected, and Kim Jong Un might be able to get an additional salvo off that was previously avoidable. N. Korea hits S. Korea, and the U.S. can't give adequate support, so nukes get sent out, and then nuke get tossed our way. Then we're all fucked (unless you're important enough to be in a government bunker).

True enough. But, the US could refocus the billions of us dollars currently wasted in the Philippines on Malaysia, open a few bases there, and support Malaysia in their own fight against Islamic extreemisum. A fight China has been completely absent from beyond their own iron fisted crack down against all ethnic Muslims at home. As Malaysia is predominantly Muslim I doubt they would want China as a partner in that fight.


I think Malaysia being a Muslim country would be the wrong direction to focus any funds (no offense to Muslims), or any extreneous efforts on, but I'm only saying that due to our past "success" with Islamic countries. I respect that they have their own ways, of doing things, but we get nothing but grief out of it. Really if you think about it our taxes only made our enemies more powerful instead of gaining any road dogs.

First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.