Post Reply Someone else using my account
5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 10/30/16
So ive been a member for a while and i love the service however i do have a small problem.

I check my history and i notice that shows are being watched that i have not watched.
i've forced signed out devices double checking the 2 i have signed in are in fact my devices, and i have changed my password and yet new things appear as watched in my history of which i have not watched.

Is there a way i can fix this? how can i see who is accessing this content?
7 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/2/16
You are not the only one experiencing this "issue". I have got rid of some unknown devices in my list, only leaving my Android device, and I have changed my password.

End result: I still have random episodes appearing in my history.

I hope our accounts were not compromised and a Moderator can look in to this.
5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 11/5/16
Bumping this thread up a bit to see see if any support for this issue can be given to me and MrJmenard
Otter Modder
42360 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M / Florida
Offline
Posted 11/5/16
Issues like these should always be taken to support directly for the fastest response.
7 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/5/16

beardfist wrote:

Issues like these should always be taken to support directly for the fastest response.


I have contacted them directly and they say that not much can be done. Changing passwords and clearing devices was the best course of action.
Der Zoodirektor
23417 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Germany
Online
Posted 11/5/16

mrjmenard wrote:


beardfist wrote:

Issues like these should always be taken to support directly for the fastest response.


I have contacted them directly and they say that not much can be done. Changing passwords and clearing devices was the best course of action.


If you did that you are in the clear. Change your password on all other sites you used with the same credentials as well. It was probably stolen in one of the major breaches of the past 3-4 years.
18 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/6/16
I have the same problem...2 weeks premium and someone hacked my account. Is this something that happens frequently on Crunchyroll?
I noticed just because the idiot added some weird anime to my cue. Really, how can somebody be that stupid???

Now I’m checking my history every time I use Crunchyroll just in case. It’s a bother. Hope they do something about it.
43650 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
60 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 11/6/16 , edited 11/7/16

hikari1486 wrote:

I have the same problem...2 weeks premium and someone hacked my account. Is this something that happens frequently on Crunchyroll?
I noticed just because the idiot added some weird anime to my cue. Really, how can somebody be that stupid???

Now I’m checking my history every time I use Crunchyroll just in case. It’s a bother. Hope they do something about it.


Change your password and go to this page and deactivate the devices which are not yours. (or maybe all of them to be safe):

/acct/?action=devices

You should probably check your email address on haveibeenpwned.com to see where else you may be compromised.

This happens when you use the same id and password across multiple sites. It only takes hacking one site to get access all the other ones they were used.
18 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/7/16 , edited 11/7/16
Thanks for the help. I'd already deleted the foreign devices and changed my pass, but I didn't know that web. It said that there were 3 breaches! I really need to change that password, I use it too much
So maybe it isn't a Crunchyroll problem??
Thank you so much
You must be logged in to post.