First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Fullmetal Alchemist: The Conqueror of Shamballa is Coming to Crunchyroll!
jto1 
7079 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
46 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 11/2/16

goatnuke wrote:


jto1 wrote:

Should I watch the series before watching this? If only Crunchyroll could get the series for the UK too...


No, because this movie takes place in the canon of the first FMA (not available on CR), not Brotherhood. It's strange that they got this movie given that as it makes no sense out of the context of the ending of the original FMA series.


I'd like to see the original FMA series (I watched some of it on Funi's YouTube channel years ago, but their licence for it has recently expired), but no one seem to have licenced it for streaming in the UK . Anime Limited are going to release it on disc in UK, which I might buy eventually, unless they can put it on CR.
Der Zoodirektor
26133 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Germany
Online
Posted 11/2/16

DarkBlade19 wrote:


koma887 wrote:

rip. I dunno are you in germany or something? maybe use a proxy? I dunno


I'm from Finland actually :)


The movie was licensed by local publishers in several European markets. Getting a disc off an internet retailer is probably the easiest.
26124 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / Various
Offline
Posted 11/2/16
Yes, series please.
151 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / US
Offline
Posted 11/2/16
I love fma!! The hype is real
903 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Finland
Offline
Posted 11/3/16

shinryou wrote:


DarkBlade19 wrote:


koma887 wrote:

rip. I dunno are you in germany or something? maybe use a proxy? I dunno


I'm from Finland actually :)


The movie was licensed by local publishers in several European markets. Getting a disc off an internet retailer is probably the easiest.


in other words buy that movie from amazon :D
If you find any stores that sells this movie here in Finland please tell me
Der Zoodirektor
26133 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Germany
Online
Posted 11/3/16

DarkBlade19 wrote:


shinryou wrote:


DarkBlade19 wrote:


koma887 wrote:

rip. I dunno are you in germany or something? maybe use a proxy? I dunno


I'm from Finland actually :)


The movie was licensed by local publishers in several European markets. Getting a disc off an internet retailer is probably the easiest.


in other words buy that movie from amazon :D
If you find any stores that sells this movie here in Finland please tell me :)


Amazon.co.uk ships to most EU destinations. Can't check for Finland, but I believe can order all of the offers to Germany.
22904 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
この世界
Offline
Posted 11/3/16
Oh nice I haven't seen this one
13155 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / New Brunswick, Ca...
Offline
Posted 11/4/16
I remember when I bought that move on DVD the day it came out in Canada...... I still LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this movie to death today.

For me it was what made me love FMA as much as I did.

Of course people will go for either FMA or FMAB or say that they have both their merits. For me this movie is the first series' merits .

If you haven't watched it yet please do! It's always nice to go back on old dubs when Aarom Dismuke hadn't gone through puberty yet xD
4049 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M
Offline
Posted 11/5/16 , edited 1/30/17
Isnt this 10 years old lol.
1199 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Philippines
Offline
Posted 11/6/16
No Asia? sigh
30 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / The Moon
Offline
Posted 1/22/17
I've read the manga but haven't watched the anime or prequel to this. How much does this movie differ from the canon and is it worth it go watch the prequel before this?
106603 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
57 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 1/22/17 , edited 1/22/17

Mountainquail wrote:

I've read the manga but haven't watched the anime or prequel to this. How much does this movie differ from the canon and is it worth it go watch the prequel before this?

It is based on the FMA continuity (as opposed to the FMA:B continuity that closely follows the manga), and takes place almost entirely*, iin "our" world, after Edward went through the gate at the end of the series.

As such, it basically has no equivalent event(s) in the manga and is effectively completely non-canon.

Keep in mind the manga wasn't complete when the original (FMA) series began, so it had to go its own original route not far into the series. The movie is a continuation of that original storyline.

If you haven't seen the first series, the movie is probably going to leave you with a lot of questions, especially regarding the world and how Edward got there.


*It has been a long time since I viewed this (coming up on 10 years), so I don't recall with certainty if it shows anything back on the other side of the gate, but I seem to recall it had some brief scene(s).
5 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 8/16/17
So, is the movie canon? I've seen and heard people say it isn't so I wanted to make sure it wasn't canon to the manga.
106603 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
57 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 8/17/17

mlpwolffey wrote:

So, is the movie canon? I've seen and heard people say it isn't so I wanted to make sure it wasn't canon to the manga.

It isn't as it is a continuation from the ending of the first series, which was completed before the manga was, and thus had to go with its own original story past a certain point.

First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.