First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Mediocre shows, is premium worth it anymore?
33034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/1/16
I have been a premium member for awhile and while it was definitely worth it to get HD Naruto and Bleach at the time, now there is nothing but one piece or DB super. Now there are low rated shows that seem not even worth the time, there are plenty of free sites around that I could watch any anime with slightly decreased quality and while I do support Japan making more anime (the point of the membership), if nothing good comes out I may be thinking about terminating my membership. No this is NOT a threat, this is just a generalized opinion.
34103 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Vancouver, BC, Ca...
Online
Posted 11/1/16
All depends on what you like, I suppose.

You just listed Shōnen titles so if that's all you're interested in then I guess I can't blame you for feeling like there's nothing to watch.
15114 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / So. Cal
Online
Posted 11/1/16
It's worth it just to not have to endure the ads
33034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/1/16
@miGneto sadly that is all there is to watch. I wish I could look for more but the selection is not as big as you think.
966 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / ɴᴇᴠᴇʀᴡʜᴇʀᴇ
Offline
Posted 11/2/16
I don't really think you can blame CR for the lack of diversity in what you choose to watch. There's quite a few great ones this season actually.
20765 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 11/2/16

_MissTake_ wrote:

I don't really think you can blame CR for the lack of diversity in what you choose to watch. There's quite a few great ones this season actually.


You can't blame him either for just not being interested in those other shows
966 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / ɴᴇᴠᴇʀᴡʜᴇʀᴇ
Offline
Posted 11/2/16

Ryulightorb wrote:

You can't blame him either for just not being interested in those other shows


No one's blaming him. He can choose to watch whatever he wants, but the alleged lack of quality content from CR that he's expressing is based more on his preference than on an actual analysis of all shows CR has to offer. "Mediocre shows" speaks more to the fact that he has no interest in other shows rather than to the actual quality of the simulcasts this season.
20765 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 11/2/16

_MissTake_ wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

You can't blame him either for just not being interested in those other shows


No one's blaming him. He can choose to watch whatever he wants, but the alleged lack of quality content from CR that he's expressing is based more on his preference than on an actual analysis of all shows CR has to offer. "Mediocre shows" speaks more to the fact that he has no interest in other shows rather than to the actual quality of the simulcasts this season.


Quality is subjective though
966 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / ɴᴇᴠᴇʀᴡʜᴇʀᴇ
Offline
Posted 11/2/16

Ryulightorb wrote:

Quality is subjective though


Thus the point of my initial post. And... we're back to where we started. No idea what your point is really.
33034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/2/16
The point is my interest is wider than shounen. I can watch anything besides love dovey type animes. Besides my own opinion if you read most of the reviews on the animes, they are ranging from 3.5 stars and below. So yes the quality is dropping.
1200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
43 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 11/2/16
Try Another and Akame ga Kill series its pretty good
966 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / ɴᴇᴠᴇʀᴡʜᴇʀᴇ
Offline
Posted 11/3/16

Afrojackk wrote:

The point is my interest is wider than shounen. I can watch anything besides love dovey type animes. Besides my own opinion if you read most of the reviews on the animes, they are ranging from 3.5 stars and below. So yes the quality is dropping.


Not sure what reviews and ratings you're looking at because on here, just the ones I'm watching this season the average ratings are as follows:

Yuri on Ice: 5
Haikyu!!: 5
Bungo Stray Dogs: 4.5
Drifters: 5
Days: 4.5
Natsume Yujin-cho 5: 5
Poco's Udon World: 5

Those ratings and the accompanying reviews disagree with what you're saying. If you're getting your ratings and reviews elsewhere and choosing to not to watch shows because of it, then as I've said: you can't really blame CR for that.
33034 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/3/16 , edited 11/3/16
I believe the reason to watch anime is to have unrealistic expectations and things out of the norm. If i wanted to watch realistic dramas I would just turn on soap operas. Most sports and slice of life animes have that borderline im watching an animated soap opera or reality TV show. Kind of a snooze fest. And thank you misstake for pointing out that action on CR has not been quality shows. Most high rated shows are those slice of life/sports animes.

P.S: No ONE is blaming CR, I am just saying in general the shows have taken a dive.
966 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / ɴᴇᴠᴇʀᴡʜᴇʀᴇ
Offline
Posted 11/4/16

Afrojackk wrote:

I believe the reason to watch anime is to have unrealistic expectations and things out of the norm. If i wanted to watch realistic dramas I would just turn on soap operas. Most sports and slice of life animes have that borderline im watching an animated soap opera or reality TV show. Kind of a snooze fest. And thank you misstake for pointing out that action on CR has not been quality shows. Most high rated shows are those slice of life/sports animes.

P.S: No ONE is blaming CR, I am just saying in general the shows have taken a dive.


Hmm.. What happened to "I can watch anything besides love dovey type animes."? Ehhh... To each his own, I guess. I was on an anime watching hiatus for a while but kept my premium membership for re-watching things when I felt like it. This season actually got me out of that hiatus, which is why I cannot understand your complaint about the lack of quality anime.

If you like unrealistic action, try out Drifters. It's from the creator of Hellsing, which if you haven't seen is a must to see. Bungou Stray Dogs is great also. There's also Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans (only if you're into mechs). I didn't see you mention Hunter x Hunter so not sure if you've seen it, but you definitely should if you haven't yet.

There's always great anime out there. The thing is, you don't find it by scrolling through other people's reviews and looking at ratings. You find it by checking out stuff that look interesting to you. That's how I came across Drifters. I just looked through the simulcasts and thought I'd give it a shot.
34103 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Vancouver, BC, Ca...
Online
Posted 11/4/16 , edited 11/4/16

_MissTake_wrote:


I wish the forums had a "Like" or "Kudos" option because I would do that for this post
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.