First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Fate/Grand Order TV Special
215285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Offline
Posted 11/2/16


Fate/Grand Order is getting a TV anime special, to air at the end of the year.

Official site
http://anime.fate-go.jp/
1458 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Europe
Offline
Posted 11/2/16 , edited 11/3/16
*sigh*

Anime was a mistake.
56915 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / NY
Offline
Posted 11/2/16 , edited 11/3/16
Yorokobe Shounen!
MrOnan 
4259 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Online
Posted 11/2/16
So this, this is Fate now....tempted to take some Member berries.
104087 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 11/2/16 , edited 11/3/16
WHO IS THAT DULL LOOKING PROTAGONIST, REEKING OF EMIYA SHIROU STENCH?
104087 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 11/2/16
I do not believe I need the comma.
Posted 11/2/16
My she has a big shield.
1458 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Europe
Offline
Posted 11/2/16 , edited 11/2/16

AnimeKami wrote:

WHO IS THAT DULL LOOKING PROTAGONIST, REEKING OF EMIYA SHIROU STENCH?


Shirou is actually awesome and interesting character that develops and has interesting personality. One of the best VN protagonists ever written.

The Protagonist of Fate Grand Order is a blank slate to whom literally everybody is attracted to.
They should have chosen female protagonist. At least that one had some fanon personality added in form of sadism in the 4koma comedy art.
104087 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / This Dying World
Offline
Posted 11/2/16

Kitanishi wrote:


AnimeKami wrote:

WHO IS THAT DULL LOOKING PROTAGONIST, REEKING OF EMIYA SHIROU STENCH?


Shirou is actually awesome and interesting character that develops and has interesting personality. One of the best VN protagonists ever written.

The Protagonist of Fate Grand Order is a blank slate to whom literally everybody is attracted to.
They should have chosen female protagonist. At least that one had some fanon personality added in form of sadism in the 4koma comedy art.


I disagree.

I mean I like to think of myself as the Protagonist, all the time.
63528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 11/2/16
Seriously, I love Fate and all, but let's give some other Type Moon franchises some love for once. Tsukihime and Mahoyo are in some desperate need of attention.
1458 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Europe
Offline
Posted 11/2/16 , edited 11/2/16

LoomyTheBrew wrote:

Seriously, I love Fate and all, but let's give some other Type Moon franchises some love for once. Tsukihime and Mahoyo are in some desperate need of attention.


I...would not hope that happening ever unless there's some FGO crossover. I mean neither Tsuki nor Mahoyo have Seiba. How do you pander without Seiba? Why do you think Arc is being turned into seiba clone in Tsuki remake vn?

Also You can't write a serious nasuverse story like tsukihime and add stuff like where all waifus dress up in bikinis and pose for otaku


And kitsch like that is what Type Moon lives on now. Just look at the above key visual for FGO in the OP post to see where the focus of the franchise is now. Otaku titilation, self insert mc, breasts.

Tsukihime might happen with VN remake(kek, as if that will ever release) with anime as advert for it. And even then with newfound "focus" of type moon most of the show would most likely be about poor nerdy non-character Shiki being bullied by tsuntsun abusive Akiha, while camera lingers on her ass for most of the show. I frankly fear to see how they would handle something like Tsukihime NOW. There's already a threat of VN remake basically being what Old Trilogy "remasters" and prequel trilogy were for George Lucas.


If to try to be optimistic, if Nasu does not mess up Extra adaptation and Shaft delivers, Tsukihime by Shaft could be great.
81877 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Online
Posted 11/2/16
The VN was an eroge, I'm pretty sure they were always about it.
1458 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Europe
Offline
Posted 11/2/16 , edited 11/2/16

Demimaelstrom wrote:

The VN was an eroge, I'm pretty sure they were always about it.


I urge you to find anybody who played the VN for sex. Even the so called "eroge" element was stuffed in at the last second because they feared it would not sell.

Nasuverse never was about fanservice or sex or pandering to otaku.

Nasuverse core has always been:
- Interesting unique and complex protagonist with psychological issues and unique and interesting character struggles. Shiki, Shiki, Hakuno and Shirou are the OPPOSITE of self insert protagonists and very different and distinct people.
- Creative and interesting character cast surrounding the protagonist, with most of major characters have different and interesting world views and issues.
- Deep and interesting philosophical issues being explored in a morally complex story full of twists and turns.
- Complex and sensible world building where each bit terminology used actually is sensible and fits into the whole picture, instead of being random foreign word used to attract chuuni audience.

That is what attracted people to the works and that is what the main point of Nasuverse has always been. It was profound and enjoyable and dark and twisted world with complex and messed up characters.

All that went out the window with new focus and you won't find any of the key aspects of nasuverse in FGO. But you might find some generic popcorn fights ! since that is appparantly what new viewers came to identify the franchise now with because of how poorly it has been handled and stripped of it's meaning.


Either way this is just a special airing latter this year and not full series, so at most you will get:
- Bland McProtag acting clueless and being pushed around by waifus while delivering some nondescript lines.
- Shielder's Mary Sue ass being wanked to heavens by the writing.
- Some boobs and some fighting to save the world(tm)
81877 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Online
Posted 11/2/16

Kitanishi wrote:
I urge you to find anybody who played the VN for sex. Even the so called "eroge" element was stuffed in at the last second because they feared it would not sell.

Nasuverse never was about fanservice or sex or pandering to otaku.

Nasuverse core has always been:
- Interesting unique and complex protagonist with psychological issues and unique and interesting character struggles. Shiki, Shiki, Hakuno and Shirou are the OPPOSITE of self insert protagonists and very different and distinct people.
- Creative and interesting character cast surrounding the protagonist, with most of major characters have different and interesting world views and issues.
- Deep and interesting philosophical issues being explored in a morally complex story full of twists and turns.
- Complex and sensible world building where each bit terminology used actually is sensible and fits into the whole picture, instead of being random foreign word used to attract chuuni audience.

All three went out the window now.


So have you read the FGO storyline to know whether or not they've kept in line?

To your example though, a Japanese mobage without a swimsuit summer event? You're dreaming if you think anyone is "above that."
1458 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Europe
Offline
Posted 11/2/16 , edited 11/2/16

Demimaelstrom wrote:

So have you read the FGO storyline to know whether or not they've kept in line?

To your example though, a Japanese mobage without a swimsuit summer event? You're dreaming if you think anyone is "above that."



Its. A . Mobage. That alone throws away any story complexity away. You hop from map to map chasing Villain McTwirlMoustache Evil and meeting waifus. That's it.
Its a Mobage. That also throws away a predefined interesting or complex protagonist away since he is literally wordless voiceless clueless player self insert here. FGO protagonist is NOT a character. He is a stand-in with player's name.
Its a mobage. So the focus on waifu wank is very obvious.

That already covers all three points I listed. The key visual above speaks for itself.


And yeah I know enough of it to know how degraded it went. Sure it throws around some foreign words and concepts but its pretty much chuuni garbage now. Everything about FGO definition of what is wrong with the industry nowadays.

As for Swimsuit event - well its not like their "normal" attires are better in anyway. Most of the "clothing" the characters wear in FGO would make FSN Rider blush.

Stuff like this is highest form of art obviously:
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.