First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Fate/Grand Order TV Special
81885 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Online
Posted 11/2/16

Kitanishi wrote:
Its. A . Mobage. That alone throws away any story complexity away. You hop from map to map chasing Villain McTwirlMoustache Evil and meeting waifus. That's it.
Its a Mobage. That also throws away a predefined interesting or complex protagonist away since he is literally wordless voiceless clueless player self insert here. FGO protagonist is NOT a character. He is a stand-in with player's name.
Its a mobage. So the focus on waifu wank is very obvious.

That already covers all three points I listed. The key visual above speaks for itself.


And yeah I know enough of it to know how degraded it went. Sure it throws around some foreign words and concepts but its pretty much chuuni garbage now. Everything about FGO definition of what is wrong with the industry nowadays.

As for Swimsuit event - well its not like their "normal" attires are better in anyway. Most of the "clothing" the characters wear in FGO would make FSN Rider blush.

Stuff like this is highest form of art obviously:


Ah so a mobage is incapable of telling a story because it's all about waifus, got it.

I don't think any of them had Swimsuit attire so I can't say one way or the other. I can say though that outfits like that exist outside of mobage lol.
1458 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Europe
Offline
Posted 11/2/16 , edited 11/2/16
It sure can tell a story. Anything can tell a story. But:
- It won't be as profound and deep as stuff in FSN, Tsukihime, etc.
- It won't have interesting, complex well written and deep protagonist.
- It won't have well developed cast of characters around protagonist since mobage needs to bloat the cast with more and more waifus.

FGO will be good popcorn story to satisfy the otaku - it has fanservice, it has fights, it has harem comedy nonsense and it has MC that has no personality.
But it will never be a good Nasuverse story, let alone GOOD STORY.
6611 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Palm Coast, Florida
Offline
Posted 11/2/16
Oh, neat. Big fan of the fate series. (Except the Illya spin-off)
591 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 11/2/16

Kitanishi wrote:


Demimaelstrom wrote:

The VN was an eroge, I'm pretty sure they were always about it.


I urge you to find anybody who played the VN for sex. Even the so called "eroge" element was stuffed in at the last second because they feared it would not sell.

Nasuverse never was about fanservice or sex or pandering to otaku.

Nasuverse core has always been:
- Interesting unique and complex protagonist with psychological issues and unique and interesting character struggles. Shiki, Shiki, Hakuno and Shirou are the OPPOSITE of self insert protagonists and very different and distinct people.
- Creative and interesting character cast surrounding the protagonist, with most of major characters have different and interesting world views and issues.
- Deep and interesting philosophical issues being explored in a morally complex story full of twists and turns.
- Complex and sensible world building where each bit terminology used actually is sensible and fits into the whole picture, instead of being random foreign word used to attract chuuni audience.

That is what attracted people to the works and that is what the main point of Nasuverse has always been. It was profound and enjoyable and dark and twisted world with complex and messed up characters.

All that went out the window with new focus and you won't find any of the key aspects of nasuverse in FGO. But you might find some generic popcorn fights ! since that is appparantly what new viewers came to identify the franchise now with because of how poorly it has been handled and stripped of it's meaning.


Either way this is just a special airing latter this year and not full series, so at most you will get:
- Bland McProtag acting clueless and being pushed around by waifus while delivering some nondescript lines.
- Shielder's Mary Sue ass being wanked to heavens by the writing.
- Some boobs and some fighting to save the world(tm)



I PLAYED IT FOR THE SEX

YEEEEEEEET


Nikuma 
7672 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / オランダ Holland
Online
Posted 11/2/16
Eh.. okay I actually love the game a lot, so I'm looking forward to this.
1458 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Europe
Offline
Posted 11/2/16

MonoDreams wrote:

Oh, neat. Big fan of the fate series. (Except the Illya spin-off)


Funny you say that as Illya spin off is pretty much the only good nasuverse part left that actually bothers exploring nasuverse things and writing characters.
63528 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Colorado
Offline
Posted 11/3/16
How did this turn into a fanservice argument? Lol, I could careless about fanservice, I mean being an anime fan that's just something you get used to. Most animes in general are risqué, it's kind of part of the appeal IMO. And Fate/K has plenty of fanservice, like tons, where's the outrage there? I agree with Demi that it can still be good, labeling it as otaku bait and that it should be shunned is kind of unfair

Anyways my beef is solely that we've been having way too much Fate lately, I'm getting a little burnt out. I personally have never been that interested in playing FGO since I'm not really a fan of those type of games and it just seemed like it didn't add much more to the universe than to give an excuse to make more heroes into servants. Which is fine, but just not for me. I'm interested in the special but would rather we take a break from Fate adaptations and give the other Type Moon series some love because they're really good too.

Yes I know, that's wishful thinking but just wanted to put it out there.
1458 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Europe
Offline
Posted 11/3/16 , edited 11/3/16

LoomyTheBrew wrote:

How did this turn into a fanservice argument? Lol, I could careless about fanservice, I mean being an anime fan that's just something you get used to. Most animes in general are risqué, it's kind of part of the appeal IMO. And Fate/K has plenty of fanservice, like tons, where's the outrage there? I agree with Demi that it can still be good, labeling it as otaku bait and that it should be shunned is kind of unfair

Anyways my beef is solely that we've been having way too much Fate lately, I'm getting a little burnt out. I personally have never been that interested in playing FGO since I'm not really a fan of those type of games and it just seemed like it didn't add much more to the universe than to give an excuse to make more heroes into servants. Which is fine, but just not for me. I'm interested in the special but would rather we take a break from Fate adaptations and give the other Type Moon series some love because they're really good too.

Yes I know, that's wishful thinking but just wanted to put it out there.



Prillya sure has fanservice. But it has MORE than t hat. The fanservice is like ~1% of the whole work and not the main draw.

FGO ONLY has fanservice and can only deliver that so keeping expectations in check is fair. As I already outlined FGO lacks the very elements necessary for it to be a good nasuverse work or good story overall.

And yeah there's too much focus on servants now. Fate started as Shirou's story and FSN's focus has always been Shirou. Then Extra tried to do same with Hakuno while adding new servants. However by now the franchise is just an excuse to pump out new heroic spirits (whose designs are getting worse and worse). Somehow Fate's focus shifted from "let's focus on people in magus world affected by curious coincidences and dealing with horrifying fate of their life" to "let's have those waifu servants fight each other in a hot fight!!~"
81885 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Online
Posted 11/3/16

LoomyTheBrew wrote:

How did this turn into a fanservice argument? Lol, I could careless about fanservice, I mean being an anime fan that's just something you get used to. Most animes in general are risqué, it's kind of part of the appeal IMO. And Fate/K has plenty of fanservice, like tons, where's the outrage there? I agree with Demi that it can still be good, labeling it as otaku bait and that it should be shunned is kind of unfair

Anyways my beef is solely that we've been having way too much Fate lately, I'm getting a little burnt out. I personally have never been that interested in playing FGO since I'm not really a fan of those type of games and it just seemed like it didn't add much more to the universe than to give an excuse to make more heroes into servants. Which is fine, but just not for me. I'm interested in the special but would rather we take a break from Fate adaptations and give the other Type Moon series some love because they're really good too.

Yes I know, that's wishful thinking but just wanted to put it out there.


Loooooooooooomyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!


Kitanishi wrote:

Prillya sure has fanservice. But it has MORE than t hat. The fanservice is like ~1% of the whole work and not the main draw.

FGO ONLY has fanservice and can only deliver that so keeping expectations in check is fair. As I already outlined FGO lacks the very elements necessary for it to be a good nasuverse work or good story overall.

And yeah there's too much focus on servants now. Fate started as Shirou's story and FSN's focus has always been Shirou. Then Extra tried to do same with Hakuno while adding new servants. However by now the franchise is just an excuse to pump out new heroic spirits (whose designs are getting worse and worse). Somehow Fate's focus shifted from "let's focus on people in magus world affected by curious coincidences and dealing with horrifying fate of their life" to "let's have those waifu servants fight each other in a hot fight!!~"


Really, 1%? Kuro's fanservice addition is 1% of the whole?

You didn't outline anything. You just said things about why you beleive it wouldn't be able to have a "good story" without translated story, that is bad, to back it up. Of course not including any event shipping or service that might be happening since that likely wouldn't be adapted to another medium. Bet you'd love the Bryn/DJeanne.

Last I checked the Fate series hadn't devolved into hot waifu mud wrestling.
11831 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 11/3/16
Found this out last night... couldn't sleep I was so excited.
6611 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Palm Coast, Florida
Offline
Posted 11/3/16

Kitanishi wrote:


MonoDreams wrote:

Oh, neat. Big fan of the fate series. (Except the Illya spin-off)


Funny you say that as Illya spin off is pretty much the only good nasuverse part left that actually bothers exploring nasuverse things and writing characters.


But I never asked for your opinion.
The Wise Wizard
100957 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Online
Posted 11/3/16 , edited 11/3/16

MonoDreams wrote:

But I never asked for your opinion.

You posted in a forum, which is an open invitation for anyone reading your message to respond.

215381 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Anime World
Online
Posted 3 days ago
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.