First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
So some people want to put a McDonald's in Churches because 'Murica
6895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Temple of Yaoiism
Offline
Posted 11/3/16 , edited 11/3/16
Yes, this article is old, but the idea is still amusing. They're basically doing this to capture a more modern audience. I mean what could be more American than combining McDonald's and church?

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/mcmass-project-aims-put-mcdonalds-restaurant-church-n255991

Would you consider going to a church with a McDonald's? I personally avoid McDonald's like I would avoid being in a room alone with Bill Clinton. But anyways I'm sure some people can get behind the idea of a McDonald's in church.
Vahvi 
8257 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 /❓/ ⚤ / Nearby
Offline
Posted 11/3/16 , edited 11/3/16
Jesus and Mcribs? Where do I sign up?
12145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 11/3/16 , edited 11/4/16

Dogempire wrote:
Would you consider going to a church with a McDonald's? I personally avoid McDonald's like I would avoid being in a room alone with Bill Clinton, but I'm sure some people can get behind the idea.


What is it with people named Bill and being untrustworthy of being left alone in a room with someone? Clinton, Cosby, at this point I'm wondering if Gates should be investigated.
6895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Temple of Yaoiism
Offline
Posted 11/3/16 , edited 11/4/16

octorockandroll wrote:


Dogempire wrote:
Would you consider going to a church with a McDonald's? I personally avoid McDonald's like I would avoid being in a room alone with Bill Clinton, but I'm sure some people can get behind the idea.


What is it with people named Bill and being untrustworthy of being left alone in a room with someone? Clinton, Cosby, at this point I'm wondering if Gates should be investigated.


I just realized I messed up that last sentence. Rip.
6895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Temple of Yaoiism
Offline
Posted 11/3/16 , edited 11/4/16

Vahvi wrote:

Jesus and Mcribs? Where do I sign up?


Unfortunately their twitter is deserted, no posts since 2014 and nothing mentioning a new McDonald's.

I think it's safe to assume their project fell through.
12145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 11/3/16 , edited 11/4/16

Dogempire wrote:


Vahvi wrote:

Jesus and Mcribs? Where do I sign up?


Unfortunately their twitter is deserted, no posts since 2014 and nothing mentioning a new McDonald's.

I think it's safe to assume their project fell through.


Really? I don't see why it wouldn't catch on.
29026 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 11/3/16 , edited 11/4/16
What would Jesus do?

4434 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 11/3/16 , edited 11/4/16
yeah because the bible doesn't mention jesus flipping the money lender tables in the church of his day saying they turned it into a den of theives or anything!


Seriously church is not a place for that kind of thing. Plus that would just cause a bunch of people who aren't even part of the church comming because it's the nearest McDonalds and causing trouble.

I know the project already fell through but I'm just shocked anyone seriously tried it.


octorockandroll wrote:


Dogempire wrote:
Would you consider going to a church with a McDonald's? I personally avoid McDonald's like I would avoid being in a room alone with Bill Clinton, but I'm sure some people can get behind the idea.


What is it with people named Bill and being untrustworthy of being left alone in a room with someone? Clinton, Cosby, at this point I'm wondering if Gates should be investigated.


OMG .... AND THEN THERE IS BILL CIPHER!

SPREAD THE WORD EVERYONE NAMED BILL IS EVIL!
12145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 11/3/16 , edited 11/4/16

Metazoxan wrote:

yeah because the bible doesn't mention jesus flipping the money lender tables in the church of his day saying they turned it into a den of theives or anything!


Seriously church is not a place for that kind of thing. Plus that would just cause a bunch of people who aren't even part of the church comming because it's the nearest McDonalds and causing trouble.

I know the project already fell through but I'm just shocked anyone seriously tried it.


octorockandroll wrote:


Dogempire wrote:
Would you consider going to a church with a McDonald's? I personally avoid McDonald's like I would avoid being in a room alone with Bill Clinton, but I'm sure some people can get behind the idea.


What is it with people named Bill and being untrustworthy of being left alone in a room with someone? Clinton, Cosby, at this point I'm wondering if Gates should be investigated.


OMG .... AND THEN THERE IS BILL CIPHER!

SPREAD THE WORD EVERYONE NAMED BILL IS EVIL!


Let's not forget Bill from pokemon

http://aminoapps.com/page/pokemon/614525/is-bill-evil-pokemon-theory
Posted 11/3/16 , edited 11/4/16

octorockandroll wrote:


Dogempire wrote:
Would you consider going to a church with a McDonald's? I personally avoid McDonald's like I would avoid being in a room alone with Bill Clinton, but I'm sure some people can get behind the idea.


What is it with people named Bill and being untrustworthy of being left alone in a room with someone? Clinton, Cosby, at this point I'm wondering if Gates should be investigated.


This is what happens when you attempt to make a funny political joke out of context altogether.
3322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / livin in debauchery
Offline
Posted 11/3/16 , edited 11/4/16

Dogempire wrote:

I mean what could be more American than combining McDonald's and church?


Putting a shooting range out back.


*canned laughter*
5946 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 11/3/16 , edited 11/4/16
Two thumbs up
14377 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
☆Land of sweets☆
Offline
Posted 11/3/16 , edited 11/4/16
this is literally against Christian faith... (Matthew 21:12 - 13)
of course, it's possibly the project is just a joke, and just an easy way to raise money for virtually nothing.
6895 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Temple of Yaoiism
Offline
Posted 11/3/16 , edited 11/4/16

namealreadytaken wrote:

this is literally against Christian faith... (Matthew 21:12 - 13)
of course, it's possibly the project is just a joke, and just an easy way to raise money for virtually nothing.


There are a lot of things against Christian faith, not just a McDonald's in Church.
84896 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M
Offline
Posted 11/3/16 , edited 11/4/16


(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.