Post Reply Made a new metal song
10553 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 26 days ago
https://soundcloud.com/ascenttozenith/the-many-face-god

Wouldn't love to hear peoples opinions on it!
One Punch Mod
85784 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 26 days ago


I liked that quite a bit, but I"m no good at talking about music so I'm afraid I don't have anything more to say.
10553 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 26 days ago

lorreen wrote:



I liked that quite a bit, but I"m no good at talking about music so I'm afraid I don't have anything more to say.


Well thanks for listening though, I appreciate that
556 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 26 days ago , edited 26 days ago
dang

https://soundcloud.com/ascenttozenith/heat-remixed

I liked this one, reminds me of guilty gear

the riff is a lot like this, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUFjqprSxog

u talented bl00d
10553 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 26 days ago

Elk_Whisperer wrote:

dang

https://soundcloud.com/ascenttozenith/heat-remixed

I liked this one, reminds me of guilty gear

the riff is a lot like this, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUFjqprSxog

u talented bl00d


You are pretty talented yourself. I've heard your raps
Posted 16 days ago
BRO.THAT.WAS.HYPE

I've been major metal head for a decade and I havent head banged to new music in years MY GOD
the rifts, the drums, that (i wanna say acoustic?) in the middle was just so sublime

like im serious, THAT WAS HYPE,
but curious as to why there isnt any lyrics ?
13134 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M
Offline
Posted 16 days ago , edited 16 days ago
Not gonna lie, I'm more into European-style metal (mainly Folk and Melodeath), whereas this sounds quite typical of American metal (deathcore / tech death? I don't really know what subgenre you'd specifically place this in) so it isn't the kind of thing I'd usually listen to, but I can say without a doubt that if you pump out stuff of this quality regularly you've got a future ahead of you man... not just your evident skill, but the production quality is solid as well. The drum fills in the first half were particularly nice \m/
10553 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 15 days ago , edited 15 days ago

Animeisspice wrote:

BRO.THAT.WAS.HYPE

I've been major metal head for a decade and I havent head banged to new music in years MY GOD
the rifts, the drums, that (i wanna say acoustic?) in the middle was just so sublime

like im serious, THAT WAS HYPE,
but curious as to why there isnt any lyrics ?


I don't know how to sing lol. But thanks, Hype was what I was going for lol
10553 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Louisiana
Offline
Posted 15 days ago , edited 15 days ago

TheDustyForest wrote:

Not gonna lie, I'm more into European-style metal (mainly Folk and Melodeath), whereas this sounds quite typical of American metal (deathcore / tech death? I don't really know what subgenre you'd specifically place this in) so it isn't the kind of thing I'd usually listen to, but I can say without a doubt that if you pump out stuff of this quality regularly you've got a future ahead of you man... not just your evident skill, but the production quality is solid as well. The drum fills in the first half were particularly nice \m/


I'm always trying to improve and make cool stuff. So I hope the only way is up
Thanks though, I'm glad you liked it
12 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 15 days ago
sounds really good!!
452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Earth
Online
Posted 14 days ago
sounds good
One Punch Mod
85784 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 13 days ago

IllIllIIlIllIlIllIlIlIlI wrote:

I don't know how to sing lol. But thanks, Hype was what I was going for lol


I think that's okay, though it does make songs less commercially viable I guess. Personally, a lot of the times I prefer instrumentals, or songs with lots of music and minimal vocals. Well, except when the vocals are the thing
Posted 10 days ago

IllIllIIlIllIlIllIlIlIlI wrote:

I'm always trying to improve and make cool stuff. So I hope the only way is up
Thanks though, I'm glad you liked it


good stuff, good riffs, good chops man!

aint quiiiiite my style, and drum machines really get on my nerves, but then again drums are *the* hardest thing to record and the easiest way to make your mix sound like crap, so I dont blame anyone who does not have the means to put real and good sounding drums into something.

the arrangement seems to be a little haphazard and it seems to be a couple songs mashed into one - so if you ever got this into a bigwig studio, the first thing a producer would try to do is convince you to work on the arrangements.

but the ingredients....awesome stuff man, thumbs up! what are you playing for axe, amp, what did you record through?
5410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F / Dirt land
Online
Posted 15 hours ago
Was so addicted to it that I played it 15 times lol I love your music man.
You must be logged in to post.