First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Legalizing Marijuana
Ejanss 
15949 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/6/16 , edited 11/6/16
In past state-question elections, we've had every desperate attempts for the "Can we, huh, huh, can we, huh?...You liked Seth Rogen and you hate drunk driving, so can we now, huh?" Legalizationists to try and sneak their tootsies-in-the-door on the ballot, back when they only had to sneak on--
We've had "Commercial hemp ranching", we've had "Regulated medical use", and now Colorado's made them feel overconfident enough to think Everyone Likes Them Now.

As I joked at the polls (when I voted early), "In addition to voting No on Question 4, can I also pound the ballot question with a giant hammer, laughing hysterically and screaming 'Muahahahaaa....Die, DIE!!'?"
Posted 11/7/16
The federal government NEVER had the authority to declare marijuana illegal in the first place.

But money from the Cotton industry won the day, and Congress' pockets were padded yet again.

Of course now we have pharma lobbying against it too, because we cant be having people not go into massive medical debts for every last little thing they wish to develop a pill for.
6896 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Norway
Offline
Posted 11/7/16
Yeah, we totally need more high people, as if drunk people ain't enough.
A sober person is the best kind of person.
Posted 11/7/16
Being free and clean is absolutely the best policy, stimulants just burn resources needlessly.

But, from a constitutional perspective, there was never the authority to have declared it illegal in the first place.

Which undermines those states that made it illegal simply because it was federally illegal.
24735 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/7/16
Drugstores would go bankrupt.
37466 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/7/16
I support legalization, and I think we are close. If we get more legal states from this election, there is no denying what direction the wind is blowing in terms of public opinion. I think the next step is at least decriminalizing it federally. Then we can leave it up to the states, and let people vote on state ballots and with their feet.
26606 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 11/7/16
I support legalization. Recreational and medical.
2986 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/7/16

Lance_Clemings wrote:

Im a couple years ahead of the party.

but I do want states other then mine and colorado to legalize weed too. If enough people realize that the ban itself does more harm then weed, then the sheer pressure will finally remove one of our worse laws out of national law. But we need the rest of yall man. Us 2 can't fight the power by ourselves.



i came across this video

KEYT Special: Politics Of Pot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYF4SqTmTsk

the video is pretty recent 10/31/2016

they covers all sides on this topic


the thing i was worrying about is also in the video

since allowing people to have 5-6 plants.. can lead to a lot of problems..

but there's one thing that we have to admit

Americans are addicted to drugs.. you can ban them all you want but they will still find ways to get them

so instead of throwing people into jail/prison.. now they are focusing on treatment for drug addicts..

like the heroin epidemic (as stated by Obama)

21334 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F
Online
Posted 11/7/16
despite the vote not having anything currently to do with Australia, i do beilive medical Marijuana should be allowed as it is impossible to get a high off it and it is not poisoning the body in any form, it helps people stop having seizures. any type of Marijuana that is not medical i don't think should be legalised, granted my opinion is bias because i have family members dabbling in drugs, it to be honest terrifies the f#ck out of me, yes it doesn't do as much damage as ice and cocaine but Marijuana is a gate way drug that leads to further use of drugs, also it has been proven that is a connection between depression/suicide and drugs. so yeah it scares me really badly and i don't see anything good coming out of legalising it
21334 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F
Online
Posted 11/8/16

vampirecell wrote:

Only issue is most who seem to do that, get into other serious stuff.


that's because it is a gate way drug, so some claim this particular drug is harmless but can they say the same about ice, cocaine and so on.
Posted 11/8/16

AnimeAddictANN69 wrote:


Lance_Clemings wrote:

Im a couple years ahead of the party.

but I do want states other then mine and colorado to legalize weed too. If enough people realize that the ban itself does more harm then weed, then the sheer pressure will finally remove one of our worse laws out of national law. But we need the rest of yall man. Us 2 can't fight the power by ourselves.



i came across this video

KEYT Special: Politics Of Pot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYF4SqTmTsk

the video is pretty recent 10/31/2016

they covers all sides on this topic


the thing i was worrying about is also in the video

since allowing people to have 5-6 plants.. can lead to a lot of problems..

but there's one thing that we have to admit

Americans are addicted to drugs.. you can ban them all you want but they will still find ways to get them

so instead of throwing people into jail/prison.. now they are focusing on treatment for drug addicts..

like the heroin epidemic (as stated by Obama)



Unfortunately... but I'm cool with people smoking it, in private. As long as I can't smell it, I got zero complaints. This goes for cigarettes too. Only time I get pissed is when I'm sitting at home and some dude smoking outside stinks up everything and I have to close all my windows.
2986 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/8/16

pandrasb wrote:



Unfortunately... but I'm cool with people smoking it, in private. As long as I can't smell it, I got zero complaints. This goes for cigarettes too. Only time I get pissed is when I'm sitting at home and some dude smoking outside stinks up everything and I have to close all my windows.


not just from smoking but the plants also have a strong smell to them

in the video included they mentioned house fires due to people trying to turn their house into a marijuana farm

They caught a couple of criminals stealing electricity from the grid in my state-- they turned their house into a weed farm and use the neighbor's electricity for lighting and ventilation


Posted 11/8/16

AnimeAddictANN69 wrote:


pandrasb wrote:



Unfortunately... but I'm cool with people smoking it, in private. As long as I can't smell it, I got zero complaints. This goes for cigarettes too. Only time I get pissed is when I'm sitting at home and some dude smoking outside stinks up everything and I have to close all my windows.


not just from smoking but the plants also have a strong smell to them

in the video included they mentioned house fires due to people trying to turn their house into a marijuana farm

They caught a couple of criminals stealing electricity from the grid in my state-- they turned their house into a weed farm and use the neighbor's electricity for lighting and ventilation




Oh I'd be beyond pissed if that happen to me.
Ejanss 
15949 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/8/16 , edited 11/8/16

TiredOfYou wrote:

Drugstores would go bankrupt.


Except for sales in the snack aisles.
2986 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 11/8/16 , edited 11/8/16

pandrasb wrote:




if you noticed a spike in your electricity bill for no reason or the neighbor's air conditioners are running all day even during the winter.. it's a sign

you might be living next to a weed farmer
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.