Post Reply Sometimes Actors Are Just So Cool
35090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F / Seireitei, Soul S...
Online
Posted 28 days ago
So, I haven't watched any of the new Doctor Who beyond the first part of the Matt Smith episodes, since Netflix took it off of there and it's the only show that my Mom and I absolutely watch together, but I came across this article today since it's the featured article on Wikipedia today. Seems that Peter Capaldi filmed a short video of himself as The Doctor to a nine year old autistic fan that had recently lost his Grandmother and he was having trouble dealing with the grief. Now, the video's from 2014, but you don't hear about many actors doing such a touching thing for a fan. That's what I like about how certain shows and actors treat their fandom, is that they'll go out of their way to do something so touching and personal for a fan.

Link to YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZuNA8zMeSE The boy's Father is the one who posted it to YouTube.

Link to Wikipedia article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/From_The_Doctor_to_my_son_Thomas

Enjoy!
245 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / PlayStation VR
Offline
Posted 28 days ago , edited 28 days ago
I thought you were going to post how James Dean made smoking look cool.*




*Don't smoke!
13131 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 28 days ago , edited 28 days ago
Watch Doctor Who starting from Eccleston. Matt Smith is when the show started going downhill...

That said, thats a really cool thing to do ^.^ Its always great to hear about people going out of their way to help others!
35090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F / Seireitei, Soul S...
Online
Posted 28 days ago

HideyoshiJP wrote:

I thought you were going to post how James Dean made smoking look cool.*




*Don't smoke!


Lol, I see. While I do think that smoking looks cool sometimes, like when Kiritsugu smokes in some scenes in Fate/Zero and other things like that, I detest smoking in real life. Not only did smoking kill my Grandfather on my Mother's side, my Mother's Father, but I have asthma that's caused by environmental things, and cigarette smoke is one of the worst triggers for it. I literally can not breath around it, even if it isn't a lot of it coming towards me.


sundin13 wrote:

Watch Doctor Who starting from Eccleston. Matt Smith is when the show started going downhill...

That said, thats a really cool thing to do ^.^ Its always great to hear about people going out of their way to help others!


Oh, I did. My Dad watched the older Doctor Who stuff when I was growing up and I never really liked it, especially the Daleks, but then an ex-boyfriend of mine got me and my Mom watching the new ones from where Eccleston started being The Doctor and we loved them. My Mom never really liked it before either. And so far I was enjoying the Matt Smith ones as well, but I have no idea how to watch them together now that Netflix doesn't have the newer ones on there anymore. The 10th Doctor, David Tennant's, my favorite one though.

Yeah, it is, especially for an actor or actress to do something like that for a regular fan of theirs. You don't hear enough about them doing stuff like that, and it seems to be a more overseas thing than an American one too, which is a shame.
runec 
28242 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 28 days ago

BlackRose0607 wrote:
Now, the video's from 2014, but you don't hear about many actors doing such a touching thing for a fan. That's what I like about how certain shows and actors treat their fandom, is that they'll go out of their way to do something so touching and personal for a fan.


You don't hear about it because the actors that genuinely do it don't do it for publicity. As it should be.
35090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / F / Seireitei, Soul S...
Online
Posted 28 days ago

runec wrote:


BlackRose0607 wrote:
Now, the video's from 2014, but you don't hear about many actors doing such a touching thing for a fan. That's what I like about how certain shows and actors treat their fandom, is that they'll go out of their way to do something so touching and personal for a fan.


You don't hear about it because the actors that genuinely do it don't do it for publicity. As it should be.


Well, I know that they don't always do it for publicity, but it would be nice to hear about it from time to time. And it would actually be good publicity for them rather than negative publicity, so it would be a win win situation for them. I'm just saying that it would nice to hear about the nice things actors and actresses do for their fans and the public rather than all the negative tabloid stuff that's predominately out there.
runec 
28242 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 28 days ago , edited 28 days ago

BlackRose0607 wrote:
Well, I know that they don't always do it for publicity, but it would be nice to hear about it from time to time. And it would actually be good publicity for them rather than negative publicity, so it would be a win win situation for them. I'm just saying that it would nice to hear about the nice things actors and actresses do for their fans and the public rather than all the negative tabloid stuff that's predominately out there.


You usually have to dig for it a bit as they don't drag photographers along for photo ops when they do stuff like that. It also doesn't sell as well as tormenting Jennifer Aniston on a weekly basis.
Posted 28 days ago
It's not interesting to read about. Just like this thread will end up in page 3 by tomorrow. If you make a thread about a cop killing somebody, it will stay on page 1 for months. People like to read controversial things.

You must be logged in to post.