First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Post Reply Donald Trump has filed bankruptcy FOUR times. Why are people voting him?
1909 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 27 days ago
Isn't filing bankrupcy a way of cheating the system lol. I remember 50 cent doing it and he's fucking minted.
37315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Online
Posted 27 days ago , edited 27 days ago

pansyforyourthoughts wrote:

They're both going to increase our national debt, they are both going to be responsible for loss of life (domestic or abroad), they are both liars. When they have all that in common, all I can do is look at the little details, and Trump is a racist misogynist who picked one of the most homophobic people in US politics to be his VP. So #IGuessImWithHer.

That said, I didn't like her enough to pay the postage and printing fees on an overseas ballot. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Trump plans to kill Obamacare. That will save billions in costs. Trump plans to stop spending the trillions on overseas expenses that Obama has been funding to "build democracies" abroad. That will save trillions of expenses. That, combined with his plan to renegotiate NAFTA, or kill it all together, among other policy changes, for example: lowering taxes on businesses, one of the biggest reasons our jobs have been going overseas.

Those polices will stop the ridiculous spending of U.S. money on other countries, when we have had terrible problems, right here at home. These polices will go a very long way towards reducing our national debt - which, by the way, Obama has been funding by borrowing money from China, Saudi Arabia, Qatar.... We owe trillions of dollars to the funders of ISIS, and Hillary Clinton's campaign.... (Except China. I don't think China has been funding ISIS, nor Hillary).

24257 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M
Offline
Posted 27 days ago

SirDSRPhoenix wrote:

Actually, Trump has never personally filed for bankruptcy. Those four bankruptcies were filed for different companies that he owned. Something to note is that bankruptcy is not necessarily a bad thing. In many cases it is a good way of being able to cut massive overhead from a company, get rid of wasteful policies, and streamline the business so it can make a comeback. Hostess is a great example of this.


Quoted for truthfulness.
666 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 27 days ago
DeadlyOats, You keep drinking that Kool-Aid, my dude. Also, even if he would and could accomplish all of that, that would make him directly responsible for loss of life, which you'll recall was something else I was against. It doesn't really make him better in my eyes just because he'll be killing a bunch of poor people in America instead of poor people abroad.
Gets It.
24670 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Raleigh, North Ca...
Online
Posted 27 days ago

DeadlyOats wrote:
Trump plans to kill Obamacare. That will save billions in costs. Trump plans to stop spending the trillions on overseas expenses that Obama has been funding to "build democracies" abroad. That will save trillions of expenses. That, combined with his plan to renegotiate NAFTA, or kill it all together, among other policy changes, for example: lowering taxes on businesses, one of the biggest reasons our jobs have been going overseas.

Those polices will stop the ridiculous spending of U.S. money on other countries, when we have had terrible problems, right here at home. These polices will go a very long way towards reducing our national debt - which, by the way, Obama has been funding by borrowing money from China, Saudi Arabia, Qatar.... We owe trillions of dollars to the funders of ISIS, and Hillary Clinton's campaign.... (Except China. I don't think China has been funding ISIS, nor Hillary).



Repealing Obamacare would only cause emergency rooms and doctor to offer free services. By this, I mean that before Obamacare, there were a lot of insurance companies that wouldn't cover those with pre-existing conditions or if they were in a certain age range (18-25, without either having a job that offers it or remaining under their parents' own health insurance). There was something along the lines of $80-125 billion in uncompensated health care due to both of these reasons alone. The idea that Obamacare has raised the cost of individual health insurance haven't been proven, as of yet. It does cost the government, yes, but it also saves hospitals, doctors, and medical professionals who would otherwise not get any money for their services. It would only cause another series of financial complications for the government (as more would qualify for local government programs that reduce or pay all of the uncompensated health care in this scenario). I agree that it needs to be revisited in some way or another, but repealing it would have consequences that would cost more than what we're paying as a country (and raise the debt even more).

He's planning on stopping "overseas expenses" but increase funding for the military; only for the idea of showing the world that you "Don't mess with America". Please keep in mind that foreign debt is only about 35% of our overall federal debt and the remaining 65% is all domestic. This won't stop the bleeding. He also plans on raising the amount we fund government programs (Veterans Affairs, Child Care, and Housing are all examples). Stopping "overseas expenses" would only stop the current increase of the debt, not remove what is already there - so this is something else he has to take in an consideration (which he hasn't thus far, so I have little hope of him doing so as President).

It all sounds good and gravy when you listen to Trump. However, he doesn't have any plan that would actually lower the national debt - he'll raise it just like Clinton will, just in a different way.

62009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / The stars.. too b...
Offline
Posted 27 days ago

Tinamarie101 wrote:

People want someone that irresponsible, full of racism and bs running a country?
Americas already in bad enough debt!

What happened to world peace?
Responsibility & Dignity importance?




Because clearly, you respect being coddled and treated like a child with sensationalist rhetoric. Most of us don't and see right through that shit.


Voting for Hillary is voting to have sweet sensational nothings whispered into your ear while she slaughters your family in the background. Sure, it feels good while it's happening, you might even want to give her a hug, but then you turn around and see the aftermath. I don't want to be a part of that.

This is a pretty big one and should be addressed more. She, on more than one occasion, has threatened all out war with Russia. I'm probably too old for the draft now but holy shit. On the other hand, The Donald has vowed to negotiate and participate with Russia. I don't know about you, but I'm quite fond of NOT having a nuclear shadow.


Also, The Donald hasn't been bankrupt once... Businesses went bankrupt, not individuals. Also, would like to see you have 5% of his success in business... 4 Bankruptcies... among 515 businesses only 11 have failed.. 4 Bankrupt. How many businesses has Hillary been successful with? Oh that's right, none. Who needs a business when you can run a Tax free foundation and take pay to play donations as Secretary of State?

Anyway, I'm not very good at these things... Might I recommend "The Untruth about Donald Trump" series from Freedomain radio.


Also still waiting to hear back from the presses about, "Racist". I'm an American-Hispanic and never once have I felt The Donald is a racist person... Sick and fucking tired of White people telling what is and isn't racist. But then again, you can call me a shitstain skinned wetback beaner and I'd probably just shrug at you and give a smile. While there are some genuine racists out there no doubt, 9 times out of 10 people just go to race cause it's something they can pick at. This experience is doubled since I generally game with the name "Dime/Dim3" when I'm calling people out they again, 9 times out of 10 result to picking at my name because it has, "Dim" in it. "Wow you really are DIM HUH?!?!" /facepalm


As an American-Hispanic that lives in a state that borders Mexico. I can't fucking wait for that wall to go up. Sick and fucking tired of being on the hook for all of these illegal immigrants. We pay them to come into the states with social incentives... We have to accommodate them with ESL classes (also paid for and supported by tax dollars), then they go home and speak their native language. Where's the assimilation? In high-school, every time we had an assembly, instead of sitting with their respective classes, Mexican nationals would take a corner of bleachers while shooing everyone else away, then came out the Mexican flag. If you weren't Mexican, they gave you sneers and talked shit in Spanish like we can't understand them. NOT TO MENTION Mexicans coming across the border to have children so they can receive even more benefits for their, "American child" while they pay to import their family that does nothing but work off of the books. As a Hispanic that lives in a lower-middle class area you see this shit EVERYWHERE. Or the classic, "oh no, I can't get a job, then I lose my benefits!" - While I'll admit The Donald has promised not to touch entitlements, it's a step in the right direction.

So why The Donald?

Because the United States of America should be taking care of Americans, not shipping our jobs out of state then calling us racist because we dislike the markets getting flooded with cheap illegal labor that generally are taking jobs from our kids. (entry level labor)
62009 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / The stars.. too b...
Offline
Posted 27 days ago

ninjitsuko wrote:


DeadlyOats wrote:
Trump plans to kill Obamacare. That will save billions in costs. Trump plans to stop spending the trillions on overseas expenses that Obama has been funding to "build democracies" abroad. That will save trillions of expenses. That, combined with his plan to renegotiate NAFTA, or kill it all together, among other policy changes, for example: lowering taxes on businesses, one of the biggest reasons our jobs have been going overseas.

Those polices will stop the ridiculous spending of U.S. money on other countries, when we have had terrible problems, right here at home. These polices will go a very long way towards reducing our national debt - which, by the way, Obama has been funding by borrowing money from China, Saudi Arabia, Qatar.... We owe trillions of dollars to the funders of ISIS, and Hillary Clinton's campaign.... (Except China. I don't think China has been funding ISIS, nor Hillary).


The idea that Obamacare has raised the cost of individual health insurance haven't been proven, as of yet.



Wow, I'm curious to know what the fuck you're smoking, and if they offer it where I'm at? My dad, before Obamacare was paying about $105 a month with a 5000 deductible. Now, with the same deductible he's paying just under $400 a month... Not sure where you're getting your information from, I understand that assholes are warm and cozy, but you might want to take your head out and look around.
Gets It.
24670 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Raleigh, North Ca...
Online
Posted 27 days ago , edited 27 days ago

dyme420 wrote:
Wow, I'm curious to know what the fuck you're smoking, and if they offer it where I'm at? My dad, before Obamacare was paying about $105 a month with a 5000 deductible. Now, with the same deductible he's paying just under $400 a month... Not sure where you're getting your information from, I understand that assholes are warm and cozy, but you might want to take your head out and look around.




I'm not smoking anything, that's just actual reporting data from various sources that are actually taking a look at it. You'll find that the growth of premium prices have slowed since Obamacare has come out: http://www.pwc.com/us/en/health-industries/health-research-institute/aca-state-exchanges.html. So maybe you should stop drinking whatever alcoholic beverages you're consuming while responding to posts on Crunchyroll, seems like you're insulting before doing any fact checking.

As an added bonus, you'll also find that overall spending on health care has reduced since Obamacare has come out, see: http://www.commonwealthfund.org/~/media/files/publications/issue-brief/2015/jan/1800_collins_biennial_survey_brief.pdf?la=en. This means that we're not spending as much on health care-related expenses now that more of us are insured.

As for your father's premium, he's likely over the age of 50 and has pre-existing health conditions as well. If he's not getting the insurance through the healthcare.gov site, they're going to pound him hard due to these two facts. Before Obamacare, I was paying $375 for $7000 deductible. Now I'm paying $200.72 for the same program. Of course, I'm under the age of 50, have no pre-existing health issues, and make less than $100k per year. So perhaps you should either investigate why your father is paying as much as he is (if he's making over $100k per year, that would be a good indication too) or try to determine how much you're paying yourself (since you're closer to my age range).

But hey, don't let facts stand in your way of logic here. It's okay. It's only politics.
46637 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 27 days ago , edited 27 days ago
Actually Trump businesses have filed for 6 bankruptcies. As with most of his business ideas, hes working with "other peoples money." He raises capital from non-recourse bank loans and private investors, then when it goes south he files bankruptcy and they can't go after his personal assets to cover the debt. The majority of Americans could never get such favorable terms on these massive loans, only the wealthiest. Sure, it's an effective way to do business if you don't care about the hundreds (if not thousands) of contractors and employees that will not get paid for their services. Just another method the rich use to get richer, while the lower and middle class struggle to raise themselves up. It's ok though, Trump himself will fix the very system he has continually abused right? Ha....

Edit: http://www.snopes.com/2016/08/01/donald-trumps-bankruptcies/

Not that any of you Trumpies will read that, but the information presented on the bankruptcies is factual.
253 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / M / Perth, Scotland
Offline
Posted 27 days ago
Because Americans are dumb.
Gets It.
24670 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Raleigh, North Ca...
Online
Posted 27 days ago

rawratl wrote:

Edit: http://www.snopes.com/2016/08/01/donald-trumps-bankruptcies/

Not that any of you Trumpies will read that, but the information presented on the bankruptcies is factual.


<insert comment about how Snope is owned by Democratic Hil-Shrill-Bots and all of their information is bogus>
> eight months after election, will post Snope article about something not related to politics.
18690 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F
Offline
Posted 27 days ago
at this point there is nothing one can do about our god damn debt is so goddamn high -insert meme here-

id take a racist over a thief , liar, and roundabout murderer any day
20739 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 27 days ago , edited 27 days ago

dyme420 wrote:


Tinamarie101 wrote:

People want someone that irresponsible, full of racism and bs running a country?
Americas already in bad enough debt!

What happened to world peace?
Responsibility & Dignity importance?




Because clearly, you respect being coddled and treated like a child with sensationalist rhetoric. Most of us don't and see right through that shit.


Voting for Hillary is voting to have sweet sensational nothings whispered into your ear while she slaughters your family in the background. Sure, it feels good while it's happening, you might even want to give her a hug, but then you turn around and see the aftermath. I don't want to be a part of that.

This is a pretty big one and should be addressed more. She, on more than one occasion, has threatened all out war with Russia. I'm probably too old for the draft now but holy shit. On the other hand, The Donald has vowed to negotiate and participate with Russia. I don't know about you, but I'm quite fond of NOT having a nuclear shadow.


Also, The Donald hasn't been bankrupt once... Businesses went bankrupt, not individuals. Also, would like to see you have 5% of his success in business... 4 Bankruptcies... among 515 businesses only 11 have failed.. 4 Bankrupt. How many businesses has Hillary been successful with? Oh that's right, none. Who needs a business when you can run a Tax free foundation and take pay to play donations as Secretary of State?

Anyway, I'm not very good at these things... Might I recommend "The Untruth about Donald Trump" series from Freedomain radio.


Also still waiting to hear back from the presses about, "Racist". I'm an American-Hispanic and never once have I felt The Donald is a racist person... Sick and fucking tired of White people telling what is and isn't racist. But then again, you can call me a shitstain skinned wetback beaner and I'd probably just shrug at you and give a smile. While there are some genuine racists out there no doubt, 9 times out of 10 people just go to race cause it's something they can pick at. This experience is doubled since I generally game with the name "Dime/Dim3" when I'm calling people out they again, 9 times out of 10 result to picking at my name because it has, "Dim" in it. "Wow you really are DIM HUH?!?!" /facepalm


As an American-Hispanic that lives in a state that borders Mexico. I can't fucking wait for that wall to go up. Sick and fucking tired of being on the hook for all of these illegal immigrants. We pay them to come into the states with social incentives... We have to accommodate them with ESL classes (also paid for and supported by tax dollars), then they go home and speak their native language. Where's the assimilation? In high-school, every time we had an assembly, instead of sitting with their respective classes, Mexican nationals would take a corner of bleachers while shooing everyone else away, then came out the Mexican flag. If you weren't Mexican, they gave you sneers and talked shit in Spanish like we can't understand them. NOT TO MENTION Mexicans coming across the border to have children so they can receive even more benefits for their, "American child" while they pay to import their family that does nothing but work off of the books. As a Hispanic that lives in a lower-middle class area you see this shit EVERYWHERE. Or the classic, "oh no, I can't get a job, then I lose my benefits!" - While I'll admit The Donald has promised not to touch entitlements, it's a step in the right direction.

So why The Donald?

Because the United States of America should be taking care of Americans, not shipping our jobs out of state then calling us racist because we dislike the markets getting flooded with cheap illegal labor that generally are taking jobs from our kids. (entry level labor)



Voting Donald is just as bad in the end

Sad as i wanted to move to America but idiots like him are going to make that next to impossible
20739 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 27 days ago , edited 27 days ago

fluffytailz3000 wrote:

Because Americans are dumb.


I'm beginning to thing this is true... which scares me as i wanted to move to America but the chance of that happening with someone like Trump in is more unlikely then if Hillary were to win.

They both suck and are awful people why people want to pick the one who openly is racist and awful is beyond me.
Hillary isn't any better but i would personally pick her stupid disgusting ass over Trump any day.

Thank god im not American yet i eventually will move there but i think i'll wait till things get better.
20739 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 27 days ago

redokami wrote:

at this point there is nothing one can do about our god damn debt is so goddamn high -insert meme here-

id take a racist over a thief , liar, and roundabout murderer any day


tfw you can't tell which one you are talking about because they are both liars and have hurt people. America is screwed this election..this is why Democracy needs a revote option.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.